Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

.ak wrote: »
    Ah. Was going to join my mates one but they're not as 'casual' as I am and are all level 20+ whilst I just pop on now and again, I'm level 8. So I can't really do anything with them. Might join a bigger clan with more members around my level.

You can find about 30 people in the Boards clan and from what I see in the "Invite Friends" list, there's an even spilt of 0-10, 10-20, and 20+ about a third in each.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is there any way of doing the daily strikes with just randomers? Loads me into the strike alone, unlike other planet strikes.

Nope, same with Raids.
    You need to do them with friends, hence why i'd recommend joing the clan and sending you "cap in hand" friend requests like I did.

Most of the guys i've been playing with are fairly sound.

Last time I did a strike with ransomers, they just left me to re-spawn.. Boooo-urns :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Cormac... wrote: »
    You can find about 30 people in the Boards clan and from what I see in the "Invite Friends" list, there's an even spilt of 0-10, 10-20, and 20+ about a third in each.

Cool. So how do I join that clan then?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

maximoose wrote: »
    I'll join you (level 20) if you fancy getting the "Complete a strike with a full fireteam of only your clan mates" cheevo!

gt: maxi ni

They really should add clan lists to the in-game UI. How have a lot of big games managed to balls up the friends/clan/recent player menu when Halo 2 showed them the perfect blueprint.. bungie of all people! :pac:

Cool thanks man. Got kicked at the end the other day just as it was over. I'm only level 10 at the minute.
    Hang on maybe it's not the strike I need to do. What the last level on earth where the Walker comes in for the first time ? That's what I need to do.

Cool. So how do I join that clan then?

Send a request here:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535

• Advertisement

Cool, done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ah. Was going to join my mates one but they're not as 'casual' as I am and are all level 20+ whilst I just pop on now and again, I'm level 8. So I can't really do anything with them. Might join a bigger clan with more members around my level.

you on xbox one or ps4? I'm kinda similar, in that I'm lvl 12 and most of the lads have managed to get up to the 20's already. I can usually steal about an hour or so in the evenings between 9 and 10:30 but thats about the extent of it. my gt is below.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Just got this last night (xbox360)

Quite happy so far. Feels a little limited if you like. I kind of expected more but i have only played a few hours.

Got in a team with my two brothers and we went through co-op till we reached level 5 (2-3hrs). Good fun. I like the weapons and the hover bike. I particularly like the music. How it changes in the middle of a heavy battle is very atmospheric. So far tho its not very difficult. And a little bit samey each time. But the dynamic of playing with friends with headsets makes it work.
    Had one go on the Crucible setting. I really liked it. Very Halo in my opinion. Maps were perhaps a little small and we were massively out ranked but i still managed k/d of 9-3. One of my brothers tho hated it struggled with dying every time he spawned.
    All in all i think this game has huge potential for expansion. More game modes, more areas, more kit and hopefully regular big "events".
    I think if they utilize the idea of big events to attract lots of players at once this is where this game will stand out. Time will tell tho.

Also is it possible for me to give my kit to people? I didnt stay on long enough to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nope, same with Raids.
    You need to do them with friends, hence why i'd recommend joing the clan and sending you "cap in hand" friend requests like I did.

Most of the guys i've been playing with are fairly sound.

Last time I did a strike with ransomers, they just left me to re-spawn.. Boooo-urns :mad:

I know I try to revive my teammates when in a strike, but sometimes its just too risky.

Left two randoms to attack a bunch of goblins while I was taking care of hobgoblin ultras. Got taken out from behind only to see the entire goblin mob facing me after coming around the corner and not one taken care of :pac:

you on xbox one or ps4? I'm kinda similar, in that I'm lvl 12 and most of the lads have managed to get up to the 20's already. I can usually steal about an hour or so in the evenings between 9 and 10:30 but thats about the extent of it. my gt is below.

I'm the same boat usually on around 9 for an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Christ my exotic bounty is taking the piss at this stage, first kill phogoth, then 500 hive kills and now I have to kill 500 guardians in the crucible with void damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Got half way through 24 last night but I'm maxed on marks for Vanguard and Crucible so just need rep now and I should be able to hit 26!

Got my first 2 legendaries. One was a rocket launcher (meh) and the other was a helm from the very last engram I decoded last night before bed. Was delighted as my helm is my weakest slot. Then checked and it was a warlock helm! :(

Why can you get other class legendaries but not rares or greens? That makes no sense at all and was a massive kick in the stones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

The raid looks as though it will bring people to tears, watching a stream of the maze/gorgon part and it looks like it could get frustrating. It seems like you need to get through the maze without the gorgons seeing or hearing any of you.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Got half way through 24 last night but I'm maxed on marks for Vanguard and Crucible so just need rep now and I should be able to hit 26!

You won't be able to hit 26 until you upgrade at least 2 pieces of legendary gear I'm afraid, I've been at 25 for awhile because ascendant shards are very hard to come by :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Corvo

Let me know how you get on with this. Im just about to hit level 7

Gandalph wrote: »
    You won't be able to hit 26 until you upgrade at least 2 pieces of legendary gear I'm afraid, I've been at 25 for awhile because ascendant shards are very hard to come by :(

How many per piece? Is the rest of your gear 20 blues with 15 light?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Is it worth buying legendary armour with your crucible points?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'm stuck on 22 atm, keep getting crappy gear from blue engrams and strike rewards. The only major jump I've made since Friday is when I finally got some blue leg armour with light on it.

Do the 22 and then 24 strike play lists at 23 and you can will level 20 blues fairly easily which will bring you up to 24 without any legendaries!

How many per piece? Is the rest of your gear 20 blues with 15 light?

Legendary gloves (23 light) and boots (22 light) that need 18 and 24 shards overall (6 for each upgrade) in the later stage of upgrading which I am at. My head and chest are maxed out level 20 blues with 15 light a piece. I'm currently at 75 light and by looking at the bar it looks like I need 1-2 more to get up to 26.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You on ps4 or Xbox ? I'm going to try the earth strike mission tonight if any low level guys want to team up. I'm on xbox one
    Xbox One. Undecided about Champions League and Destiny tonight, tbh!

That's probably the strike me and a couple of lads failed last night. Was still level 7 and got it all wrong. Figured out what I should have done while failing to sleep for an hour! Not sure who those lads were either!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm only on level 9. Hoping to go up a few levels tonight before the Liverpool match so I can play properly with a few of ye.

Dades wrote: »
    Xbox One. Undecided about Champions League and Destiny tonight, tbh!

That's probably the strike me and a couple of lads failed last night. Was still level 7 and got it all wrong. Figured out what I should have done while failing to sleep for an hour! Not sure who those lads were either!

Cool. I'm on Xbox as well. I'll be on around 9 for an hour or so just want to watch some of the Liverpool game first. We could tackle that mission then. I got to the end of it already and was just about to kill the final boss and was kicked.

GT is TitianGerm

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm only on level 9. Hoping to go up a few levels tonight before the Liverpool match so I can play properly with a few of ye.

Might jump on before the match actually. I'm level 9. It'd be good to get a few of us lower level guys playing together. My gamertag is posted above if you want to add me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

On PS4 myself.

Corvo wrote: »
    Let me know how you get on with this. Im just about to hit level 7

Just joined the boards clan there. Will try and get some game time this evening as I have to skip training due to an injury... Silver lining!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can you chat with randomers during co-op?
    Played with a few friends this weekend and one dude who invited me to a fireteam in the tower (probably 'cos of my snazzy gear) but anytime I was lumped in with random people no-one seemed to be using mikes.

Nice to see so many Liverpool fans, free boosts for all! :D

*Terms and Conditions may apply (mainly just be on ps4)

tok9 wrote: »
    On PS4 myself.

Sell it and get yourself an Xbox ;)

• Advertisement

Christ my exotic bounty is taking the piss at this stage, first kill phogoth, then 500 hive kills and now I have to kill 500 guardians in the crucible with void damage!

**** That, I'll be not another game long before I get that
    Why can you get other class legendaries but not rares or greens? That makes no sense at all and was a massive kick in the stones!!

Yup pretty damn stupid mechanic alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement