Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I only notcied when decoding the engrams last night it actually says random class beside legendary possible contents :mad:

Stuff is already rare enough with out that rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I've gotten warlock blues on my hunter while decrypting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

my last 4 legendary engrams have all given me rare gear.

Its a load of c*ck and balls imo

EDIT: ffs just decoded a rare engram and got a second legendary machine gun.......that is absolutely useless to me as I'm already working on lvl'ing an MG.

C*ck & balls

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

EDIT: ffs just decoded a rare engram and got a second legendary machine gun.......that is absolutely useless to me as I'm already working on lvl'ing an MG.

Last night was the 1st time i started running out of patience with this TBH.
    Spent 5 hours playing and was no better off as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm the same boat usually on around 9 for an hour.

Count me in there aswell lads. I'll add ye tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I don't mind that it's fine imo as legendaries should be rare but when you do finally get one and it's for another class, that should not be happening!

C*ck & balls

It's actually fine if you already have some legendary gear to upgrade, dismantle it and claim your 3 ascendant shards, they go a long way in upgrading and are very hard to come by! I actually wouldnt mind getting some legendaries to dismantle at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

How do I get a cloak for my hunter? I'm lvl7 and all I've got is a Makeshift Scarf?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

OMG scarfs are so last week.

Coming December - Warlock Turbans, Titan Spurs, Hunter Saaris :pac:

you only need 3 Crucible Ranks, 3 Dead Orbit Ranks, 15 Strange Coins, 10k Glimmer and 20 Mote of Light

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Wrong .ak, retro is so hip right now!
    You'll pick 'em up as you go along ItsHoggie. You'll pick up everything as you go along!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has anyone gotten to the last few levels on a legendary weapon yet? I'm pretty sure the leveling isn't as bad as it looks, if the icons are ordered vertically I think the top one is the only one that actually needs glimmer/materials to unlock but before you unlock it it will look like they all do. That's how it works on the rare ones anyway, would need someone to get that far to confirm.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten to the last few levels on a legendary weapon yet? I'm pretty sure the leveling isn't as bad as it looks, if the icons are ordered vertically I think the top one is the only one that actually needs glimmer/materials to unlock but before you unlock it it will look like they all do. That's how it works on the rare ones anyway, would need someone to get that far to confirm.

I've only hit the last row on one of my items and each upgrade (the descending ones) take 6 shards, 16 spinmetal and 16 *insert name of material from dismantling armour here as I can't remember* everything but the shards are fine to get.

*Edit; sorry only seen that you said weapon now! Yeh weapons look easier than armour to upgrade to begin with, but the last tier of upgrades is still a b1tch

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Gandalph wrote: »
    I've only hit the last row on one of my items and each upgrade (the descending ones) take 6 shards, 16 spinmetal and 16 *insert name of material from dismantling armour here as I can't remember* everything but the shards are fine to get.

*Edit; sorry only seen that you said weapon now! Yeh weapons look easier than armour to upgrade to begin with, but the last tier of upgrades is still a b1tch

What are shards, and where do you get them?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Somebody set up a cryptarch twitter profile :pac:

https://twitter.com/TheCryptarch/status/511828881725091840

Yay to reset, get to farm more marks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I love standing right in front of people who are paused or in menus in the Tower, and either dancing in front of them or waving as soon as they unpause :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

How rare are the legendary and exotic items ? Im at lvl 22 atm, haven't come across any drops or caches higher than rare yet. And whats the best way to get them ? Mostly just doing the daily quest / bounties and onto the lvl 22 strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Magill wrote: »
    How rare are the legendary and exotic items ? Im at lvl 22 atm, haven't come across any drops or caches higher than rare yet. And whats the best way to get them ? Mostly just doing the daily quest / bounties and onto the lvl 22 strikes.

It's pretty random. I've gotten most of my legendaries through engrams (usually blue ones, which turn out to be a purple when decrypted).

A few from strikes, but probably most from PvP rewards. It's extremely random though.

Magill wrote: »

The only way to guarantee them is collecting marks and rep for vanguard or crucible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Finally onto level 23 after getting leg armour with +13 light vs the +7 light armour I was using.

Gandalph wrote: »
    The only way to guarantee them is collecting marks and rep for vanguard or crucible.

Ahhhhhh ok

*takes off Dead Orbit Warlock Bond*

:o

Penn wrote: »
    I love standing right in front of people who are paused or in menus in the Tower, and either dancing in front of them or waving as soon as they unpause :D

Glad to see I'm not the only one who does this :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody have any joy doing the raid?

After 30 minutes or so, my fireteam got bored and left. It is very frustrating but doing able.

The lack of matchmaking is annoying, I wouldn't have had the opertunity to play it for only some randomer invited me in.
    I can understand why there's no matchmaking but it does feel like it will alienate some of the more anti-social types........me included.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Future1

this game is all about playing it with other people, I was thinking about trading it in but after playing it with a few friends today its a good game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Anybody have any joy doing the raid?

After 30 minutes or so, my fireteam got bored and left. It is very frustrating but doing able.

The lack of matchmaking is annoying, I wouldn't have had the opertunity to play it for only some randomer invited me in.
    I can understand why there's no matchmaking but it does feel like it will alienate some of the more anti-social types........me included.

im the same, bar one or two friends from real life i tend to not add people from online and prefer to random grouping. I think this is a bad move on bungies part, especially considering every boss so far is the exact same clear adds attack the giant sponge, i would be surprised if the raids are any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who does this :o

Jumping out over the ledge onto one of those sticky-outy thingamajigs that the ships land on is also good craic. When other players see you doing it they sometimes try themselves and end up falling to their death

• Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So did my first strike last night after finally hitting lvl 20. Am I right in saying that they are just repeats of the same strike missions you do in the story mode, bar being more difficult, i.e. Septimus Prime, the big **** ogre etc? Kind of disappointed if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

For anyone who has an interest in the raid here are some tips:
    **** it. I have nothing else better to do while waiting for people to play with. Here's some stream/personal observations/strats, not guaranteed to be 100% right. Updated as time goes on I guess.

General Tips:

Have at least one warlock with self-res. It's a clutch wipe-save.
    Lower levels (less than 25) seem to have a huge problem staying alive and doing enough/any damage to some mobs
    The fireteam leader is the progress saver. So it MIGHT be possible to hop between raid groups unless you actually clear something.
    Bungie has said there are EIGHT bosses. When they said you weren't gunna be able to clear it one sitting... Guess we know where the extra content was ಠ_ಠ
    Spire:

Put 2 people on each of the three circles. The mid two can help the sides as needed.
    You DON'T have to stay in the circle once it's up. But at least one should really stay in it on the sides.
    The Praetorians are the biggest problem really. Call them out and use the proper weapon for the shield (It's the purple one, w/e that is)
    The Templar (pt1)

Turret Defense! You're the turrets.
    You defend the middle, then the two sides, then all three.
    The "diseased" mobs drop debuff circles on death. Get rid of your debuffs before the ritual goes off by running into the glowing middle circle
    Said circle has limited uses? Try not to fail
    The Templar (pt2)

Oracles spawn at locations designated by musical tones. They need to die or you'll wipe due to debuff overload.
    Hobgoblins spawn on the pillars around the arena. I'd recommend putting someone on them before they get outta hand.
    The Templar (pt3)

Put someone good on the relic. They oneshot the problem mobs, cleanse the debuff, and blow up the Templar's shield.
    Once the shield goes down, someone gets trapped. Pew pew to get out. Just not with a rocket launcher.
    Everyone else PEW PEW the Templar
    Gorgon's maze thingy

You have to sneak past them. No weapons, no double jump, no supers. Grenades might distract them?
    Cloak does work
    If ANYONE is seen, everyone dies.
    There's a little cave in the floor you have to find to get past this part
    Opening the gate

Kill the normal gatekeeper
    Split the party. 2-3 go in the portals, others stay out to keep them open and to defend the middle thing.
    Middle thing is turret defense. Minotaurs spawn from the actual gate constantly and are the only mobs that can kill the middle pylon.
    Left has Praetoreans and right has hobgoblins. Both are annoying.
    Kill the gatekeeper in each portal. Grab the relic when you're done. If it gets dropped for too long you die.
    Relic person has to leave the portal LAST or the people get stuck on the wrong side?
    Debuff here makes you have a black screen. Relic dispels.
    This comment BY EndlessNerd has more
    The stream I was watching is stuck here and is disbanding for the night. It seems to be a common stopping point for all.
    Just in case I put it in spoiler tags if ye want to figure it out together.

Heres the link from reddit, its the top comment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2gjw3w/vault_of_glass_discussion/

Also heres a farming video for those who want to level the cryptarch and lots of drops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIEiCU0BtiU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Got the dreaded ce-33945-4 error on my ps4. Thankfully it resolved itself after 10 minutes, would have been a pain not having access to any of my games dlc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement