Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

uummm

I am not sure if it is normal but I am trying to get some stange coins and I must have played the weekly strike about 5 times and still no coins?

What am I doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Bohrio wrote: »
    uummm

I am not sure if it is normal but I am trying to get some stange coins and I must have played the weekly strike about 5 times and still no coins?

What am I doing wrong?

You only get them on the first run. I get most mine from blue engrams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Jumping out over the ledge onto one of those sticky-outy thingamajigs that the ships land on is also good craic. When other players see you doing it they sometimes try themselves and end up falling to their death

I love a game of ball if I can get people to play along lol

Gandalph wrote: »
    You only get them on the first run. I get most mine from blue engrams.

ok, so far I only have one (I think I got it in story mode) so I have to be doing something wrong then

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jumping out over the ledge onto one of those sticky-outy thingamajigs that the ships land on is also good craic. When other players see you doing it they sometimes try themselves and end up falling to their death

Done that a few times too. I'd go to the very end of it, point at someone and start dancing to try and entice them out

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    ok, so far I only have one (I think I got it in story mode) so I have to be doing something wrong then

Thanks

Are you choosing it from the left side of the screen on the destination page? You can't do it with randomers like, can only go in with a pre arranged team.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Are you choosing it from the left side of the screen on the destination page? You can't do it with randomers like, can only go in with a pre arranged team.

Yes, from the menu on the right, I have finished a good few, most of the times it just me or another team mate, I hate when people leave in the middle of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Just got an Exotic chest from an engram and again it's for Warlock. FML!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Is there any way to see your clan mates online within the game? All I can see is my friends list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah.... the social side of this game is so lacking... I really like the whole raid/endgame approach they've taken with the game but it seems they left out the most important aspect of such a game. I don't know how they expect the endgame to stick if there is no real clan system, no chat or message board. I guess its not such a big issue for boardsies... but most people are gonna struggle to get 6 people together for raiding.

The basics are there, it could potentially be a solid game, but they really need to add these sort of features soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,033 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just completed the Devils lair solo so quiet chuffed with myself. Was level 9 doing it. :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

How long is the raid? Thought it would be maybe 2 or 3 times the length of the strikes, but the fact somebody completing it is news worthy suggests its something mental?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How long is the raid? Thought it would be maybe 2 or 3 times the length of the strikes, but the fact somebody completing it is news worthy suggests its something mental?

Not sure on the length exactly but initial feedback is VERY VERY good it seems. A hell of a lot more than what we are used to in the strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

it would be nice if they had an objective that was something more than a giant bullet sponge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Well I think the fact that the group that finished it first had a combined 1605 deaths is newsworthy enough.

Edit: Bungie have apparently more than doubled the spawn rate of public events since launch.

Finally all Legendaried out :D
    Need to get to upgrading all this shiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm on level 12 now, played 2 missions in Venus and still haven't seen a Public Event.

Still happy with the game. Having fun with it. Find the crucible to be both enjoyable and frustrating. Only played 2 modes so far.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm on level 12 now, played 2 missions in Venus and still haven't seen a Public Event.

Still happy with the game. Having fun with it. Find the crucible to be both enjoyable and frustrating. Only played 2 modes so far.

I have over 30 hours clocked up and am level 24 and I think I've only come across 4 or so public events. They tend to appear when I'm doing patrol rather than during story missions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Hasn't been an issue for me before but I keep getting disconnected tonight. In the middle of my first go of the moon strike too :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I have over 30 hours clocked up and am level 24 and I think I've only come across 4 or so public events. They tend to appear when I'm doing patrol rather than during story missions though.

I think they only appear during patrol missions, I could be wrong but I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I think they only appear during patrol missions, I could be wrong but I don't think so.

No, I've had public events turn up twice during strikes so they can turn up during missions.

They can appear during stories or strikes too, but most the time you spend your time in restricted spawning areas where it is like a seperate instance to the main world.

My 3rd legendary armour piece just now and for the third time in a row it's been for Warlock. Still not a single legendary armour piece that I can use yet! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Got my first legendary item today - chest armour!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just looking for a bit of advice lads, I'm lvl 13 hunter, and Im thinking of going down the bladedancer subclass route.

any tips for between levels 15 and 26 - do's and don'ts? I don't want to be wasting time / engrams / glimmer /weapons as I play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Big Knox wrote: »
    My 3rd legendary armour piece just now and for the third time in a row it's been for Warlock. Still not a single legendary armour piece that I can use yet! :mad:

If you have been playing enough you should have enough marks and rep with vanguard or crucible by no now? I had to resort to buying something for my class, as I got 3 things for other classes too :(

Just looking for a bit of advice lads, I'm lvl 13 hunter, and Im thinking of going down the bladedancer subclass route.

any tips for between levels 15 and 26 - do's and don'ts? I don't want to be wasting time / engrams / glimmer /weapons as I play.

Pay attention to the damage type on blue weapons, junk all green stuff for parts to upgrade. the damage type on them will be important for high level strikes etc later. Like last weeks strike enemies were super weak to Ark Burn and I didn't have any primary/secondary with it but Mickeroo did and made bits of the spider tank with a sniper rifle with arc burn the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

calex71 wrote: »
    I had to resort to buying something for my class, as I got 3 things for other classes too :(

Same here, every damn legendary engram always seems to decrypt into a rare item :( So far I've only gotten two items for other classes, a rare hunter helmet and legendary boots for the titan.

• Advertisement

I'm going to give this a shot today, only problem is having to get in to it with randoms, who might not like to die a lot to farm. Anyone know if it's possible to get in solo to a strike playlist?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement