Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Also heres a farming video for those who want to level the cryptarch and lots of drops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIEiCU0BtiU

Don't forget to activate the wax idols!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Don't forget to activate the wax idols!

Do they work after you kill yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pain in the hole trying to level up your subclass so far into the game. Anyone got any tips for how to speed up the process? Warlock Sunsinger class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I died using one the other night, when I repawned, the countdown timer was still running on it, so i reckon they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm going to give this a shot today, only problem is having to get in to it with randoms, who might not like to die a lot to farm. Anyone know if it's possible to get in solo to a strike playlist?

I'd recommend doing the chest farm on earth where the devils lair is. I've been doing it and it is great. I've capped glimmer so many times that I've had to spend it on vanity items. I can also get about 150 spinmetal an hour maybe quicker depending on RnG, which is great for my gear upgrades or can be traded for vanguard or crucible reps/marks. I've also gotten a few legendary engrams and ship blueprints not to mention basically infinite weapon parts and sapphire wire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

If you have been playing enough you should have enough marks and rep with vanguard or crucible by no now? I had to resort to buying something for my class, as I got 3 things for other classes too :(

Yeah I have the marks but I didn't grind the rep, I've been engram farming instead but I guess in hindsight it's better to go with the slower guaranteed option!

I'm going to give this a shot today, only problem is having to get in to it with randoms, who might not like to die a lot to farm. Anyone know if it's possible to get in solo to a strike playlist?

Id recommend the youtube video I quoted above. Its done in solo mode and you'll get alot more kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Gandalph wrote: »
    I'd recommend doing the chest farm on earth where the devils lair is. I've been doing it and it is great. I've capped glimmer so many times that I've had to spend it on vanity items. I can also get about 150 spinmetal an hour maybe quicker depending on RnG, which is great for my gear upgrades or can be traded for vanguard or crucible reps/marks. I've also gotten a few legendary engrams and ship blueprints not to mention basically infinite weapon parts and sapphire wire.

I've spent over 3 hours there and never got more than a green. Was convinced you couldn't get anything higher but RNG is RNG I guess. I've had more luck* with the temple of Crota method and levelling up the engram guy!

*if you count luck as 3 wrong class legendaries and a rocket launcher ha.

In that video you dont kill yourself you let the Hallowed Knight kill you so Im 99% sure they work after you've been killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Penn wrote: »
    Pain in the hole trying to level up your subclass so far into the game. Anyone got any tips for how to speed up the process? Warlock Sunsinger class.

I've taken to switching sub class before I hand in bounties. The xp goes to that sub class instead then.

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »
    I've spent over 3 hours there and never got more than a green. Was convinced you couldn't get anything higher but RNG is RNG I guess. I've had more luck* with the temple of Crota method and levelling up the engram guy!

*if you count luck as 3 wrong class legendaries and a rocket launcher ha.

Yeh it can, yesterday I did one run and got 2 chests, could of swore someone was farming ahead of me, then on the next run I got 10, one in every spot I looked! One chest even contained 2 blue engrams, 10 spinmetal and 3 ammo caches, complete RnG!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Big Knox wrote: »
    My 3rd legendary armour piece just now and for the third time in a row it's been for Warlock. Still not a single legendary armour piece that I can use yet! :mad:

You Dismantling them or saving them for a Warlock Character?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I have found that one of the best places to get gear is playing control in multiplayer.

After each game you may get lucky with a reward. 2 days ago I got legendary armour and last night I got an exotic scout rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Call me stupid, but how do you put weapons from one character into the Vault in the Tower so your other character can use them?

I picked up a fine rocket launcher with my L4 character and I want my L10 character to be able to use it. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

redt0m wrote: »
    Call me stupid, but how do you put weapons from one character into the Vault in the Tower so your other character can use them?

I picked up a fine rocket launcher with my L4 character and I want my L10 character to be able to use it. Am I missing something?

It's in-between where you Spawn in the Tower and the Cyrptarch.
    They look like spires

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's in-between where you Spawn in the Tower and the Cyrptarch.
    They look like spires

Thanks, yeah, I know where they are and can get into the vaults themselves, but I can't see anything that says 'Click here to put this weapon into the vault'. Do you have to press and hold something?

redt0m wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah, I know where they are and can get into the vaults themselves, but I can't see anything that says 'Click here to put this weapon into the vault'. Do you have to press and hold something?

Press options to go to the view of your guardian, hover over the item, it will say Store instead of Dismantle

If anyone on PS4 has hit level 20, let me know and i'll add you to the group chat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

If anyone on PS4 has hit level 20, let me know and i'll add you to the group chat

I've hit Level 20.

Press options to go to the view of your guardian, hover over the item, it will say Store instead of Dismantle

Got it, thanks. Apparently you can't store Heavy Weapons in the vault - there's no option to Store it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Up to Level 12 now, I'm going to try and get up another 3-4 levels tonight hopefully.

Sorry to Weiland and Pat_the_breaker (think that's the name). I was already playing with McMafia.

I'll be on again today anyway so might be able to join ye.

Level 23 (PSN: harleybill), though should be 24 tonight. Just need a few more Crucible Marks to buy some more Future War Cult armour.

The 100 crucible marks per week limit is a bit of a balls. I have the FWC leg armour. This week if I get to the 100 Crucible marks limit, I'll be able to get the chest and gauntlets. But I wouldn't be able to get enough the week after to get the helmet, and another 2 or 3 weeks to be able to get one of the weapons.

Just a word of advice to hunters, it's bladedancer all the way, pvp and pve. Once you hit 15 get leveling that subclass, don't leave it until later on.

Level 23 (PSN: harleybill), though should be 24 tonight. Just need a few more Crucible Marks to buy some more Future War Cult armour.

Message me later to remind me please (GenericDreadHead)

If anyone if interested in playing 8pm-12pm.
    I'm going to be doing the Daily Heroic Mission, a load of the Crucible (with some trips back to the Tower for bounties) and maybe some Level 22 and 24 Strikes
    I'm trying to upgrade my Sunsinger class which is painfully slow now i'm level 23 :(

Gandalph wrote: »
    Just a word of advice to hunters, it's bladedancer all the way, pvp and pve. Once you hit 15 get leveling that subclass, don't leave it until later on.

Yeah starting to come across more of them in PvP. Well, I say come across, I see a flash of them while they're one-hit-killing about 4 members of my team in the space of 3 seconds

Yeah starting to come across more of them in PvP. Well, I say come across, I see a flash of them while they're one-hit-killing about 4 members of my team in the space of 3 seconds

I imagine hope they might be slightly nerfed in PvP (at least) in an update.
    Both their specials abilities seem to produce more kills per use than other classes

I imagine hope they might be slightly nerfed in PvP (at least) in an update.
    Both their specials abilities seem to produce more kills per use than other classes

Yeah, the Warlock Nova Bomb is only good with enemies grouped together. It's rare you'd get more than 2 kills with it unless it's in Control or something. Though I have been getting a few more kills lately due to increasing the duration of it. Guess people assume it'll stop in a second and they could take a minor hit from it.

Whereas Bladedancer can normally get 4 kills easy enough on the smaller maps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The bounties are working out well for me today while going for my exotic bounty, that one for the 20 double fusion rifle kills, get to the point in the 1st moon mission where the temple doors open, get some + die + repeat then go to orbit , then never go back to that mission until you get that bounty again then you will be able to just resume from there again :pac:

Yeah, the Warlock Nova Bomb is only good with enemies grouped together. It's rare you'd get more than 2 kills with it unless it's in Control or something. Though I have been getting a few more kills lately due to increasing the duration of it. Guess people assume it'll stop in a second and they could take a minor hit from it.

Whereas Bladedancer can normally get 4 kills easy enough on the smaller maps.

Ah it's not that bad, I would rarely get more than 2 kills with it. I very much get put down if I approach a room full of guys and use it, as soon as someone sees it activate, a warlock or titan always counters with their super and I have never won that battle with one on one, super on super, a titan or warlock always prevails. If you manage to get the jump on a group of guys that are all bunched up well then you have it easy, but sure that is the same for the other two classes, many a time I've seen titans or warlocks clear out a room full of people with one hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Jukebox Jim

Hi everyone,
    So I ordered Destiny from Game UK and still have not received it. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue? Got an email from them saying it was shipped on the 6th but still no sign.. Really annoying as my newborn baby is finally sleeping for extended periods and I'd love to get a bit of gaming in!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement