Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Just solo'd the level 28 daily heroic for the first time trying. It's not too bad.
    Boss = fine
    Wizards = meh not too bad
    Knights and Acolytes = easy mode
    Thralls = a god damn fvcking nightmare to deal with! In my opinion they are the real bosses of the Hive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gandalph wrote: »
    Just solo'd the level 28 daily heroic for the first time trying. It's not too bad.
    Boss = fine
    Wizards = meh not too bad
    Knights and Acolytes = easy mode
    Thralls = a god damn fvcking nightmare to deal with! In my opinion they are the real bosses of the Hive.

I nearly got overrun by them a few times last night, they're weak, but scary fast and can deal out pretty good damage too. backpedalling like a mad thing while reloading makes for tense gunplay!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One strike I did had a modifier that meant enemy melee damage was increased. Those b*stards could nearly one-hit kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I'd recommend doing the chest farm on earth where the devils lair is. I've been doing it and it is great. I've capped glimmer so many times that I've had to spend it on vanity items. I can also get about 150 spinmetal an hour maybe quicker depending on RnG, which is great for my gear upgrades or can be traded for vanguard or crucible reps/marks. I've also gotten a few legendary engrams and ship blueprints not to mention basically infinite weapon parts and sapphire wire.

Do you have a video or link to that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

the reviews so far are a bit mixed, could they have played it enough already to know? gamespot gave it 6!

• Advertisement

Do you have a video or link to that one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEdiV7gRRF8

He doesnt cover all spots of potential chests in the run so just make sure to do a little extra check around some of the places, I found there is a chest around the containers where you start and in the hallowed out pipe he is jumping on at the start and some other places. The first couple of runs may be slow as you get the hang of it and may not find many chests (or you may find hundreds thanks to the RnG) but once you get the hang of it you can farm so quickly.

Penn wrote: »
    One strike I did had a modifier that meant enemy melee damage was increased. Those b*stards could nearly one-hit kill you.

I didn't check the modifiers but they were depleting my shield in one hit and I've got 1166 armour. If they had that modifier then fair enough but if they didn't then I don't want to imagine them with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

IvoryTower wrote: »
    the reviews so far are a bit mixed, could they have played it enough already to know? gamespot gave it 6!

Eurogamer gave it an 8. Seemed like a good review but i havnt levelled up much so cant comment on the high level stuff they talk about

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Polygon had two reviewers put around 30 hours into it and gave it a 6 too. BUT they had a little follow on piece today which said:
    A low score doesn't mean the game has no value, and I've found myself excited about going in for another round or two every night, despite of the large number of ways the game fails to live up to its own basic potential. I can't defend Destiny against its many critics, because they're accurately describing the many, many ways the game falls on its face. That being said, I'm having a pretty decent time with this particular 6 out of 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Yeah i'd kind of agree with the above. IT is flawed, but functional, and moreish, like a pack of biscuits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Doing the bounty for the depleted hand canon , and at level 25 it's just a wolrd of cheap deaths for me, I have to kill 500 in PvP with void damage, only thing i have is a fusion, Was doing Ok it's not actually 500 kills you get more points in it than that per kill when I checked mid match it was at 82 , great I said not as bad as I feared , finished the match 18 kills and 17 deaths, bounty read 0 :mad:

Seems I didn't read the small print "death slows your progress" /kicks the cat

calex71 wrote: »
    Doing the bounty for the depleted hand canon , and at level 25 it's just a wolrd of cheap deaths for me, I have to kill 500 in PvP with void damage, only thing i have is a fusion, Was doing Ok it's not actually 500 kills you get more points in it than that per kill when I checked mid match it was at 82 , great I said not as bad as I feared , finished the match 18 kills and 17 deaths, bounty read 0 :mad:

Seems I didn't read the small print "death slows your progress" /kicks the cat

I'm confused, but also annoyed for you :mad:

Yeh I'm doing that bounty too, picked up a void damage fusion rifle and machine gun. Make sure you're void weapon is the only weapon you use and don't be afraid to camp, as much as it makes you look like a d1ck, you have your own best interests at heart :D you get 4 points towards the bounty for a kill and -2 for every death, I'm currently on 210 at the moment, been having bad games so it's pretty stagnant, I did get 80 points for one game though!

I hate to say it, but I can see this sort of thing leading to GTA5-Online sort of thing where people fill a 3v3 Lobby with just their mates and take it in turns to complete the bounty..... not that i'm suggesting we indulge in such ludicrous scandalous behaviour :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4 iamacosmonaut

Hey people,

my friends and I are looking for some players to join our clan and work through strikes and raids as well as just having fun and leveling up. It would be great if anybody was interested. Any levels welcome.

Our clan is called "The Little Clan That Can" and my PSN name is iamacosmonaut

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dayrmn

Hey people,

my friends and I are looking for some players to join our clan and work through strikes and raids as well as just having fun and leveling up. It would be great if anybody was interested. Any levels welcome.

cheers

Hi,

I'll add you on PSN, I have only few friends to play with, if you have free place it would be nice to join you.

Thanks!

Hey people,

cheers
    Dayrmn wrote: »
    Hi,

I'll add you on PSN, I have only few friends to play with, if you have free place it would be nice to join you.

Thanks!

Guys we have a Boards.ie clan here for PS3, PS4, X-Box 360 and One
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535
    You can join

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Hey people,

cheers

Cool name for a Clan. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Yeh I'm doing that bounty too, picked up a void damage fusion rifle and machine gun. Make sure you're void weapon is the only weapon you use and don't be afraid to camp, as much as it makes you look like a d1ck, you have your own best interests at heart :D you get 4 points towards the bounty for a kill and -2 for every death, I'm currently on 210 at the moment, been having bad games so it's pretty stagnant, I did get 80 points for one game though!

Sounds like gambling altogether!

Cormac... wrote: »
    Guys we have a Boards.ie clan here for PS3, PS4, X-Box 360 and One

You can join

I sent a request to join. Would be cool!!

• Advertisement

Dayrmn wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks!

Brilliant!!

Cool name for a Clan. :D

Cheers!! It made me chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Too timid. I went for the more aggressive "Snatch Punchers"

These rare coins I seem to be picking up... when/where/what are they used for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Just sent a joint request to the boards clan there. Can't believe I forgot to earlier. Damn job distracting me for the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

maximoose wrote: »
    Too timid. I went for the more aggressive "Snatch Punchers"

These rare coins I seem to be picking up... when/where/what are they used for?

Is it the "strange coins" you are talking about? If so, you can use them to buy exotic gear from this fella who hangs out near the Vanguards. Only draw back is that he only appears from 9AM on a Friday till 9AM on Sunday. I think you might need 40 to but both a exotic gun and exotic armour

• Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'd recommend doing the chest farm on earth where the devils lair is. I've been doing it and it is great. I've capped glimmer so many times that I've had to spend it on vanity items. I can also get about 150 spinmetal an hour maybe quicker depending on RnG, which is great for my gear upgrades or can be traded for vanguard or crucible reps/marks. I've also gotten a few legendary engrams and ship blueprints not to mention basically infinite weapon parts and sapphire wire.

Where is that chest Cormac? Is it a golden chest or a regular one?

Cormac... wrote: »
    If anyone on PS4 has hit level 20, let me know and i'll add you to the group chat

I'm lvl 21 now

Where is that chest Cormac? Is it a golden chest or a regular one?

That wasn't me :pac: But I assume he's referring to "Silver Chests" as they are random but spawn in a certain set of places.
    If you're level 21 by now, there is gonna be nothing of use in any of the 20 Golden Chests of worth to you as the rewards in those are set.
    I'd recommend youtubing it and collecting whatever ones remain though. A lot of times they'll be at the end of a strike, so you can just grab it while you're grinding away

Cool, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 CorChil

Is the game better than halo?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement