Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well there's a can of worms :pac:

I was never a big Halo fan, but I did play 1 and 2 and even finished one of them.
    I mean it's a different game and it's a different time in gaming.

I would say yes, yes it is as i have no nostalgic ties to Halo so I can be objective

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

CorChil wrote: »
    Is the game better than halo?

The only similarities are how it looks and perhaps how the AI acts. It stops there really.

.ak wrote: »
    The only similarities are how it looks and perhaps how the AI acts. It stops there really.

The non-twitchy gun-play is similar, and those Dregs look like the annoying dumb lads that were the weakest enemies in Halo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

After getting the 500 points I need in the crucible for my exotic hand cannon bounty, there is yet another twist to the tale! I have to keep Phogoth (moon strike abomination) alive until another boss spawns and then defeat that boss before Phogoth. Jee they really make you work for your gear in this game, love it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Visually it's a LOT like halo. From building design, gunplay, dropships, to the enemies.

You could almost say it's like a bigger, better Spartan ops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Gandalph wrote: »
    After getting the 500 points I need in the crucible for my exotic hand cannon bounty, there is yet another twist to the tale! I have to keep Phogoth (moon strike abomination) alive until another boss spawns and then defeat that boss before Phogoth. Jee they really make you work for your gear in this game, love it! :D

Where are you getting the exotic bounties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Penn wrote: »
    Where are you getting the exotic bounties?

It's still my first bounty, just loads of steps to do in it. From what I understand it's just random with the normal bounty guy, some day you will just go up to him and he will have it for you. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Cormac... wrote: »
    Well there's a can of worms :pac:

I was never a big Halo fan, but I did play 1 and 2 and even finished one of them.
    I mean it's a different game and it's a different time in gaming.

I would say yes, yes it is as i have no nostalgic ties to Halo so I can be objective

Id be the same as Cormac, never got hooked to Halo, played the first too, vaguely remember the fell of play, but loving Destiny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Where is that chest Cormac? Is it a golden chest or a regular one?
    There is a walkthrough on IGN that shows the location of the 5 loot chests on earth. On the mobile so don't have the link handy, will dig it out later.

Edit: http://m.ie.ign.com/wikis/destiny/Cheats_and_Secrets

Can someone link me those "Balanced" Reviews of the game please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gandalph wrote: »

Ah ffs! I got 20/500 as I was playing great (really poor at MP shooters) so I think its about time abandon that bounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Can someone link me those "Balanced" Reviews of the game please?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-17-destiny-review

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Got my first legendary engram from leveling up the cryptarch to level 5. It gave me legendary leg armour for my class :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

For those of you more advanced than I, is it better to start levelling up your next subclass immediatly once it unlocks? Or to finish levelling your current first? level 17 hunter.

For those of you more advanced than I, is it better to start levelling up your next subclass immediatly once it unlocks? Or to finish levelling your current first? level 17 hunter.

Go subclass straight away, do some Level 16 strikes maybe 3 times and you'll be much better off.

Started upgrading my warlock at 23 to Sinsinger, bad idea now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Finally reached level 20. I'm assuming this is where the real game sets in yeah? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

That_Guy wrote: »
    Finally reached level 20. I'm assuming this is where the real game sets in yeah? :pac:

If by real game you mean relentless grind then yes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,034 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anybody else having problems signing in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Go subclass straight away, do some Level 16 strikes maybe 3 times and you'll be much better off.

Started upgrading my warlock at 23 to Sinsinger, bad idea now :(

Great, I started doing that tonight. Initially, you're gonna be missing your grenades and double jump but they unlock quickly. Really enjoying blade dancer sub class now, although its way unbalanced for pvp. I got me a triple kill tonight with it, other players don't stand a chance against it if you're in an enclosed space.

Great, I started doing that tonight. Initially, you're gonna be missing your grenades and double jump but they unlock quickly. Really enjoying blade dancer sub class now, although its way unbalanced for pvp. I got me a triple kill tonight with it, other players don't stand a chance against it if you're in an enclosed space.

I would hold off using your subclass until you get them myself and just level it with bounties. It makes it awkward doing later stuff without them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I seem to be stuck on 25 for a very long time...does anyone have any tips to move on. Nearly capped my strikes and got very little out of it - mostly greens.

I'm not sure if I be trying to reach Vanguard Rank two, Crucible Rank 2 just keep doing strikes until I get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there any way to get the last golden chest on earth without doing the strike? I've no plus :(

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there any way to get the last golden chest on earth without doing the strike? I've no plus :(

Nope, should be a 1 month ps+ card in the game box that you can use if you haven't previously had gold or used a trial.

Nope, should be a 1 month ps+ card in the game box that you can use if you haven't previously had gold or used a trial.

Ffs I bought it digital :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Anyone interested in some farming?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I thought I got rid of you people when I deleted my FaceBook.

Been doing it on earth past half hour mange to find like 5-6 chest ending up running into a massive battle between the enemy's aswell got slaughtered haha

Doing the shrine of oryx at the mo, pretty nice glimmer bonuses. Then on to farm the cryptarch later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Doing the shrine of oryx at the mo, pretty nice glimmer bonuses. Then on to farm the cryptarch later

It really is the only thing to do with your money in the game, the 25k cap seems quit deliberate. Have him at level 8 and got nothing I can use for my class :mad:

• Advertisement

yea, it's kind of lame. Pretty useless one you hit lvl 20

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement