Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

The moon strike with Phogoth is just stupid. The worst mob spawns I've seen with absolutely no cover in the arean, bar one tiny ass rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The moon strike with Phogoth is just stupid. The worst mob spawns I've seen with absolutely no cover in the arean, bar one tiny ass rock.

Take as many out while you can before he breaks his chains and they will be easier to manage, 90% of the fight you will be facing just him then.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A few of us were stuck on him last night (apologies guys for having to leave, didn't think it'd take that long to try and beat him). At one point thought I'd found the perfect place to try and beat him from, but nope, f*cking yellow-bar wizards spawn there after a while, as well as the occasional group of Thralls who literally appear out of thin air.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Beat bungie at their own game and get this emblem
    sign_opposing_will.png

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Bounty/en/News/News?aid=12150

Its around 3-4am here though so I doubt I'll be coming across them

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Anyone knows this weekends crucible? To replace Salvage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Anyone knows this weekends crucible? To replace Salvage?

Hey Guys,

Whats Salvage? Ive done the crucible and love it but have not seen this option!

Just hit 20 last night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hey Guys,

Whats Salvage? Ive done the crucible and love it but have not seen this option!

Just hit 20 last night though.

It was a gametype last weekend. 3v3, a "relic" pops up on the map and your team has to get to it, put a probe in it and protect it while it extracts data or something before the other team does.

Was quite fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I got an exotic hand cannon as random post-crucible loot. I'm very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Been doing it on earth past half hour mange to find like 5-6 chest ending up running into a massive battle between the enemy's aswell got slaughtered haha

You're deffo not looking in the right places if that's all your got! Are you on ps4 by any chance? I can show you my route, hit maybe triple that in 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

calex71 wrote: »
    It really is the only thing to do with your money in the game, the 25k cap seems quit deliberate. Have him at level 8 and got nothing I can use for my class :mad:

Yeh it's silly, glimmer is pretty redundant in this game. I have hit the cap so many times I've resorted to just buying ammo caches off the weapons vendor, I have never used one yet but hopefully they come in handy during raids or missions with the no ammo for equipped weapon modifier. I've also bought loads of stuff off the cryptarch just to get rep from him to hopefully move onto a new level and get some special goods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've been flying through this now.

Up to Lvl17 and I'm beginning to get a grasp of things to do (beginning..) The bounties are a massive help in leveling up.

So far I'm not a huge fan of the second Titan subclass (Defender) but I'll stick with it just to improve it a bit.

I'll be on again tonight and try and get u to Lvl 21 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I just got to lvl 15 last night and I'm looking forward to starting work on the bladedancer subclass. I've also done the 1st mission on Venus.

The more I play, the more I'm learning (through trial and error and genuine discovery) I only copped last night that the discipline / strength bonuses on armour affect your grenade / knife cooldown. I've also been playing through the story missions solo on Hard difficulty - the combat is very satisfying. Bounties seem to be the key to faster levelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Akingbade

Hey, Just wondering if I could add a few of you guys playing on the ps4 ?
    I'm lvl 23 titan, and just looking to play the game with other people.
    I use my mic and i'll play any game mode really, thanks !

PSN : Adicii_v3

I just got to lvl 15 last night and I'm looking forward to starting work on the bladedancer subclass. I've also done the 1st mission on Venus.

The more I play, the more I'm learning (through trial and error and genuine discovery) I only copped last night that the discipline / strength bonuses on armour affect your grenade / knife cooldown. I've also been playing through the story missions solo on Hard difficulty - the combat is very satisfying. Bounties seem to be the key to faster levelling.

I rocked the Crucible for the last three levels with bounties, literally have not even started on Mars yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I keep going in and out of wanting to buy Destiny or not.

I'm concerned that a lot of it seems to be co op missions and I dont have any friends, well not any on PS4 anyway. :P

So if I get it I want to get the full experience. Do you really have to be in a Clan or have friends playing or can you just join in with others on the battlefield so to speak.

Is there any normal FPS action also like deathmatches etc or is it pretty much all mission based?

Lastly is it advisable to buy the limited edition as it comes with further missions etc from what I'm reading.

Cheers.

Big Halo fan here btw so this should be an instabuy but my concerns are keeping me from pulling the trigger. ... sorry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Akingbade wrote: »
    Hey, Just wondering if I could add a few of you guys playing on the ps4 ?
    I'm lvl 23 titan, and just looking to play the game with other people.
    I use my mic and i'll play any game mode really, thanks !

PSN : Adicii_v3

Join the clan here
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535
    And select "Set as PS Clan"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,617 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm concerned that a lot of it seems to be co op missions and I dont have any friends, well not any on PS4 anyway. :P

So if I get it I want to get the full experience. Do you really have to be in a Clan or have friends playing or can you just join in with others on the battlefield so to speak.

Is there any normal FPS action also like deathmatches etc or is it pretty much all mission based?

Lastly is it advisable to buy the limited edition as it comes with further missions etc from what I'm reading.

Cheers.

Big Halo fan here btw so this should be an instabuy but my concerns are keeping me from pulling the trigger. ... sorry. :o

All the normal co-op stuff you can do with randomers. You load up the strike (mission) and it will find some random guys to do the strike with. I've done all my strike runs this way.

Rest of the game (normal missions, patrols) can be done single player. The is a standard PvP arena area (Crucible) for deathmatches and that type of things (which aids in leveling your character).

The BIG Co-Op stuff, the Raids, require 6 people, and can't be done in one sitting so if you want to do them you need to find people to do them with. There is a Boards.ie Clan you can join and I'm sure you will find people in that which are in the same boat as you (such as myself!).

Only one of the RAIDs is currently available, so it isn't a massive part of the game yet - but probably will be over time.

I'm concerned that a lot of it seems to be co op missions and I dont have any friends, well not any on PS4 anyway. :P - There's a Boards Clan you could join. I got about 6 friend requests just yesterday from it

So if I get it I want to get the full experience. Do you really have to be in a Clan or have friends playing or can you just join in with others on the battlefield so to speak. - The main story you can play on your own. Strike missions (harder versions of story missions) you can play with friends or it'll pair you with random people.

Is there any normal FPS action also like deathmatches etc or is it pretty much all mission based? - Yup, there's a few PvP (person v person) multiplayer modes including a team deathmatch one, control, ones with small teams completing an objective etc. A few different typical multiplayer modes

Lastly is it advisable to buy the limited edition as it comes with further missions etc from what I'm reading. - I'd say based on the reviews it's probably better to hold off and see if you like the game. The further missions haven't been released yet and will be obtainable with a season pass anywayif you like the game enough to buy it then

Cheers.

Comments in red

All the normal co-op stuff you can do with randomers. You load up the strike (mission) and it will find some random guys to do the strike with. I've done all my strike runs this way.

Rest of the game (normal missions, patrols) can be done single player. The is a standard PvP arena area (Crucible) for deathmatches and that type of things (which aids in leveling your character).

The BIG Co-Op stuff, the Raids, require 6 people, and can't be done in one sitting so if you want to do them you need to find people to do them with. There is a Boards.ie Clan you can join and I'm sure you will find people in that which are in the same boat as you (such as myself!)

Thanks very much for the reply. I'm starting from scratch obviously so people probably wont want to team up with a newb at this stage. Would need to level up a bit first I'd imagine. Cheers for the offer though.

How about the regular edition vs the limited edition?

The limited edition is £79 sterling on amazon. I'd normally never go near this type of thing but if it includes stuff I'll end up downloading anyway (expansion pass for example) and its a game I'll play for at least a year its probably the way to go?

edit.. this is the one I was looking at... http://www.amazon.co.uk/ACTIVISION-Destiny-PS4/dp/B00BF6D52S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1411033377&sr=8-5&keywords=ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 45,617 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Thanks very much for the reply. I'm starting from scratch obviously so people probably wont want to team up with a newb at this stage. Would need to level up a bit first I'd imagine. Cheers for the offer though.

How about the regular edition vs the limited edition?

The limited edition is £79 sterling on amazon. I'd normally never go near this type of thing but if it includes stuff I'll end up downloading anyway and its a game I'll play for at least a year its probably the way to go?

edit.. this is the one I was looking at... http://www.amazon.co.uk/ACTIVISION-Destiny-PS4/dp/B00BF6D52S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1411033377&sr=8-5&keywords=ps4

Have a look atht he poster above for comments on the limited edition stuff.

As for starting from stratch - it won't make a difference.

Firstly, it is fairly quick to get through the first few levels of your character, and you can do it without joining with other people. You can avoid the co-op strike mission for a good while, til you feel you are leveled up enough.

For the 6 player Raid missions, you have to be level 26 or higher to have a go at it - and it is very difficult to get up that high; so it will be a while before people get to that level, so being a newb won't affect you there, really.

• Advertisement

thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Lucky if I can manage 5 or 6 kills at level 25 pvp last few matches any one there or below gets dominated by someone at 27 , at 27 you would have exclusively upgraded legendary guns and gear vs folks with one or two items not upgraded.

It's essentially 1 kit kill , watching the guys at 27 they are not even that god, one guy finished with a K/D of 4.0 vs 11 others below 1.4 , all he did was run around with an auto shotgun from range :mad:

Also noticing the hunters melee in special melee in either subclass is not a 1 hit kill like it is in titan or warlock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Lucky if I can manage 5 or 6 kills at level 25 pvp last few matches any one there or below gets dominated by someone at 27 , at 27 you would have exclusively upgraded legendary guns and gear vs folks with one or two items not upgraded.

But sure none of that levelling matters in PvP :confused:

Cormac... wrote: »

It's essentially 1 kit kill , watching the guys at 27 they are not even that god, one guy finished with a K/D of 4.0 vs 11 others below 1.4 , all he did was run around with an auto shotgun from range :mad:

Also noticing the hunters melee in special melee in either subclass is not a 1 hit kill like it is in titan or warlock

PVP is completely equal, all weapons are just there bare stats, So if you like a weapon be sure to keep it to use it in the Cruicbles, I use a scout rifle from Lvl 9 in the PvP and clean up.

So you cant blame the tools mate!

It has to theres no way to explain the damage they can inflict with one shot and damage they can take otherwise, I know they said it doesn't matter but I've experienced it myself where on the way to 25 I;ve gotten better kit and gone through phases of cleaning up in pvp

Like for example in the last match I meleed one with arc-blade all I got was his shied off , then put a full clip into him and got half his health before he turned on took my full shield and and health with a melee strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah I was on it the other night and topped the server for 4 games in a row... and I'm level 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

There are weapon perks but the damage isn't greater.

Technically true, though better guns equals better fire rate, accuracy, stability, reload etc. Could be a good enough difference maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

PVP is completely equal

I don't think that's entirely true.

From what I've read:
    What doesn't carry over (becomes a normalized amount)

Base defense
    Base weapon attack

What does carry over
    Weapon progression (including damage bonuses)
    Armor progression (Including Defense bonuses)
    Abilities
    Character progression (stat upgrades)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Penn wrote: »
    Technically true, though better guns equals better fire rate, accuracy, stability, reload etc. Could be a good enough difference maker.

I found that to be the case. Now I have an amazing gun, even though it's damage gets nerfed in PvP, it's accuracy has me winning a lot more showdowns than when I started.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement