Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Your Class can have a lot to do with that, that is the thing that Carries to the Crucible if your were facing a titan there armour is huge from there class/sub class.

If you were only starting off your subclass as arcblade then you armour would be a lot lower.

Just a though.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't think that's entirely true.

From what I've read:

WOW....Handy to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Akingbade

Cormac... wrote: »
    Join the clan here

And select "Set as PS Clan"

Thanks, I've sent a request.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Id recommend the youtube video I quoted above. Its done in solo mode and you'll get alot more kills.

Hi wandatowell,

How did you do this is Solo mode? Every time I try and connect I seem to automatically get added to a group which runs off to do a strike. Which is fine, but after a while all of the group get kicked off together. Is there a way around it just so I can do it solo?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

Is this worth a buy? if so where does the best deals on it or is every where pretty much the same price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I was so chuffed with a rocket kill I got today I only went and uploaded my first ever video (of any game), I don't know why as it's not even that special :D

1 Shotting a patrol mission in the literal sense :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I've done the level 28 heroic story today, it was an absolute nightmare compared to yesterdays. The fallen are much harder than hive on higher difficulties. Dregs can 1 shot melee you and those stealth vandals are the new bane of my life. But I've finally found a use for glimmer, ammo caches, I used up all my special caches during that mission which was like 5 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What doesn't carry over (becomes a normalized amount)

Base defense
    Base weapon attack

What does carry over
    Weapon progression (including damage bonuses)
    Armor progression (Including Defense bonuses)
    Abilities
    Character progression (stat upgrades)

It's gonna get to a stage where this is gonna need to be quoted every 3-5 pages I'd say :p

Has anyone considered assembling all the best bits of this thread and making a sticky/hyperlinks in the 1st post?
    Ideas:
    • Redeemable codes (28 i think?)
    • PvP Explained
    • Level 5-20 tips
    • Subclass Tips
    • Level 20+ tips
    • Chest/Glimmer Farming
    • Strike/Hard Mission Advice
    • Raid Tips
    • How to join the clan
    There's really been a lot mentioned in the last 160+ pages that should be gathered together, everyones been really helpful since launch here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Found another post on Bungie (+Reddit) forums which I though was quite useful so I'm copying it over here for everyone. None of this is my work but it answered a problem I was having for two days now. Bit long but I think there's a lot of good information in there. Enjoy.

Farm Vanguard Marks, Crucible Marks, Faction Reputation, and Strange Coins.

Buy Legendaries from the Vanguard, Crucible, and/or Faction vendors.

Buy an Exotic armor piece from Xur on the weekend, and/or an Exotic weapon.

In 8 days you can have 130 of each Mark, that's enough to buy a helm and two other armor pieces for 250 marks total, or if the Exotic you get is a helm, you can buy three other pieces for 195 total and save the extras for Legendary weapons/armor going forward (or a rare Sparrow that you can upgrade to Legendary with Xur!).

I see so many people getting frustrated with farming engrams, only to be consistently disappointed by the Cryptarch when he decodes engrams into other classes legendaries/exotics, or (more often) more blue items or materials.

I also see people despairing that they're stuck at light level 24.

The Marks are there as your primary, guaranteed means of gearing up in full legendary gear, and Xur guarantees you'll get at least one Exotic a week. If you're lucky with Strange Coins or you farm a lot, you can get a weapon and armor from him on the same day. It's 13 coins for armor, 23 for a weapon. If you have spare Motes of Light, you can gamble 23 of those on an Exotic Engram... but don't be surprised if you get another classes Exotic with it (no big deal, it's Motes of Light for that).

I absolutely agree that the current loot/reward system and the psychologically hateful and pointless identifying of Legendary Engrams into blues/other classes items is really terrible design, but you are not at the mercy of the RNG for your Legendary gear - the Marks system will get you what you need in a little over one week of effort, and minimal grinding.

You can earn Vanguard Marks from Vanguard Strikes and completing Public Events (which also award you some Ascendant Materials, both in the mail from your daily gold reward, and from simply completing them).

You earn Crucible Marks in Crucible matches.

You can earn Vanguard or Crucible Marks by doing Material turn-ins at the Vanguard Quartermaster or Crucible Quartermaster.

In addition, doing Material turn-ins rewards experience like turning in a Bounty. This is a great way to level up xp hungry legendaries and exotics.

You can earn all of your weekly Vanguard/Crucible marks simply by playing Strikes and PvP, but I like to mix it up by doing patrol runs on each planet while farming public events and chests - doing so earns you Marks, faction rep, rare ships, materials, ascendant materials, glimmer, and the odd rare/legendary engrams.

Completing any patrol or Material turn-in with a factions class item equipped earns you rep for that faction, so you can rank up Dead Orbit/New Monarchy/FWC in pve or pvp, though keep in mind that for pure Crucible reputation you need to do pvp with no mark equipped, or do Material turn-ins with no mark equipped.

It isn't well advertised but earning enough kills on each planet gives you a chance to earn double materials from chests and resource nodes. You'll easily unlock this upgrade just by completing patrols/public events and chest farming no each planet.

Once you have the upgrade, you'll get 50+ materials on every run in a very short span of time, plus all the chest goodies you loot. If you totally hate pvp, this is also a way to cap your Crucible Marks every week without pvping.

You earn 6 Vanguard Marks for a level 24 Strike, 4 Marks for a Public Event. You can do 10 Strikes and 10 Public Events and cap your Marks for the week, ignoring any weekly Strikes that you tackle.

For pvp, you can play 25 matches (win or lose) and turn in 500 materials (or less, depending on wins, thats 10 or less patrol/chest/pe farming runs) and cap your Marks for the week.

Spread that out over a week and you will easily cap both Marks with minimal grind every day.

Strange Coins are simple, you'll earn them from decoding all of your legendary engrams your rare+ engrams, from completing daily/weekly missions, and from pvp matches.

Getting your reputation to rank 2 or 3 with Vanguard or a Faction is quite easy, Crucible will take you a little longer just because you can't earn Crucible rep from planet patrols, but you can earn a little extra from Material turn-ins, again if you really don't enjoy pvp but you want rank 2/3 Crucible items.

Finally, to the best of my knowledge, when you hit rank 3 with Vanguard, Crucible, or any Faction, you are awarded a guaranteed Legendary weapon from their arsenal. This part may be RNG, but I got a Vanguard Legendary Weapon when I hit Rank 3, and I know a friend hit Rank 3 FWC and got an FWC Legendary Weapon. Likewise, all faction reps continue to mail you awards past rank 3, just like the Cryptarch.

So then. Cast off the shackles of the hateful RNG god. Gear up in Legendary armor of your choice, earn some free Legendary weapons, and buy yourself an Exotic or two.

Treat Legendary and Rare Engram drops and Strike and PvP rewards as a a bonus, not as the primary method of gearing yourself up and you'll be much happier with Destiny. If you still want to farm mobs, go for it! But don't feel you need to spend joyless hours suiciding yourself while farming mobs in one spot to gear up, because you don't!

Hopefully in a few weeks Bungie will relent on the slightly crazy Cryptarch decoding, but by then you'll already be packing a full suit of gear and any upgrades from him will be the same as the rest of the rewards - a bonus.

Good luck out there Guardians!

edit: Some additional details on material turn-ins and Grimoire rewards. By 'materials' I mean Spinmetal (Earth), Helium Coils (Moon), Spiritbloom (Venus) and Relic Iron (Mars). All can be gathered from resource nodes or chests.

For turning in The Crucible Quartermaster on the left as you go down the stairs below the bounty tracker accepts materials for Crucible marks+rep+xp.

The Vanguard Quartermaster in the shipyard accepts materials for Vanguard marks+rep+xp.

You'll earn Crucible or Vanguard rep by default, but if you have a Faction Class Armor item equipped, the rep (and all other rep gains) will go towards that faction instead. Each faction vendor sells the Class Armor item for 2500 Glimmer - New Monarchy is near the Speaker, Dead Orbit and Future War Cult are by the shipyard vendor.

For the material bonus, go to your Grimoire -> Places -> Planet -> Area name. Then click the little 'stats' button in the bottom right of the card.

So for example, Old Russia: http://i.cubeupload.com/hwl5YP.png

There is also a resource reward for patrol missions, unlocked by completing enough VIP kill patrols (see: http://i.cubeupload.com/CFMMXm.png)

"Another thing that isn't very well known is that if you complete 25 VIP Patrol missions (tasked to kill a specific enemy, the mission icon looks like star in a circle) "Additional resources are now granted for completing City tasks in any destination" (quote from the Grimoire card). Additionally, VIP missions give more faction rep than other patrol missions (25 rep instead of 10). Basically, while doing patrols, take special interest in the VIP missions, it'll pay off in the long run."

And there's a permanent 20% weekly bonus to all xp and rep gains for completing the Nightfall Strike

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gandalph wrote: »
    I've done the level 28 heroic story today, it was an absolute nightmare compared to yesterdays. The fallen are much harder than hive on higher difficulties. Dregs can 1 shot melee you and those stealth vandals are the new bane of my life. But I've finally found a use for glimmer, ammo caches, I used up all my special caches during that mission which was like 5 or so.

Thats because the enemies have the increased melee damage modifier on in todays heroic mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hi wandatowell,

How did you do this is Solo mode? Every time I try and connect I seem to automatically get added to a group which runs off to do a strike. Which is fine, but after a while all of the group get kicked off together. Is there a way around it just so I can do it solo?

Thanks

Go to Orbit, then the Moon and select the "The Dark Beyond" mission and you are all set.

Its by far the best farming spot I've used.

p.s. set the lvl to 9

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Go to Orbit, then the Moon and select the "The Dark Beyond" mission and you are all set.

Its by far the best farming spot I've used.

p.s. set the lvl to 9

I tried that last night and it didn't work as shown in the video. Each time I got killed the previous drops would disappear.

You can earn Vanguard or Crucible Marks by doing Material turn-ins at the Vanguard Quartermaster or Crucible Quartermaster.

What does this mean? Only place I can do turn ins in the Crytograph and Bounties

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What does this mean? Only place I can do turn ins in the Crytograph and Bounties

Go to either vanguard or crucible quartermaster and you'll see at the very bottom of their inventory you can sell them upgrade materials for marks and rep.

Is it worth it though?
    I thought you needed those materials to upgrades weapons/armour later on

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it worth it though?
    I thought you needed those materials to upgrades weapons/armour later on

Its worth it yeah, but only for things like spinmetal that are easy to get.

FYI, "Attack is not Damage"

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Akingbade

Didn't know about that ^ Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Hi wandatowell,

Thanks

I have found that if you select an individual strike you can play it by yourself. However if you join the strike playlists it will put you with two other people.

Doesn't bother me, I prefer having the help. Been playing co-op shooters for so long now that I just seem to fail when left to my own devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Gandalph wrote: »
    You're deffo not looking in the right places if that's all your got! Are you on ps4 by any chance? I can show you my route, hit maybe triple that in 30 minutes

Really? I've been following a route I found on YouTube I thought I was doing class lol I would of had a lot more but the enemy's turned on each other and started a massive fight in the middle of my route the chests seemed to stopped spawning then,

Yeah I'm on PS4 Itshoggie I've no Plus tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Marks and rep are the way to go. I farmed exclusively for the first few days and my RNG was horrible. Every legendary I got was for a different class including an exotic chest!

Hit rank 2 crucible last night and bought my first 2 legendaries and going to hit rank 2 vanguard tonight and get my other 2 gear slots sorted. It's slower but hey it's a guaranteed process of gearing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Ive got a few purples, the hand gun shot gun and fusion riffle, vanguard chest piece probally going to get the head next. I did save enough for the purple auto riffle from the vendor in the tower but didnt notice i needed rank 3 vanguard to get it.

The purple weapons seem to have a high drop rate on mars, i found the 3 weapons just killing crap when i was trying to find upgrade materials.

I cannot decide if I should keep my Dead Orbit Bond on my Warlock. I got to Rank 2 with them but stopped then

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I cannot decide if I should keep my Dead Orbit Bond on my Warlock. I got to Rank 2 with them but stopped then

I'm the same with Future War Cult. Have passed Rank 2 but haven't hit Vanguard Rank 1 yet, so might switch to them for a while.

Penn wrote: »
    I'm the same with Future War Cult. Have passed Rank 2 but haven't hit Vanguard Rank 1 yet, so might switch to them for a while.

Yeah, wish I knew sooner, I wouldn't have bothered with DO.... but now i'm like "plowing onto Rank 3 with them might net more benefits that Vanguard or Crucible Rank 2"
    I have the same issue with my Sunsinger who I only got all 3 abilities for now. Do I use that or my super powered Voidwalker considering **** all enemies have Void Shields which is super frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I just ordered the limited edition on amazon. I'm all in.

This time next week I'll be playing nothing but Destiny!!

I just ordered the limited edition on amazon. I'm all in.

This time next week I'll be playing nothing but Destiny!!

Oh that's what you think,
    I think you'll find you on this forum 40% of the time trying to get to the bottom of things :p
    I actually have it open on laptop next to me when I play and do a quick refresh when I'm in Orbit

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anybody know the best place to buy the DLC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Oh that's what you think,
    I think you'll find you on this forum 40% of the time trying to get to the bottom of things :p
    I actually have it open on laptop next to me when I play and do a quick refresh when I'm in Orbit

Ah sure thats the fun of it right? Lots to do, lots to keep me interested.

I'm looking forward to the whole experience. I know it hasnt recieved great ratings but in Bungie I trust.

I was probably mental buying the limited edition but €100 on amazon seemed like a ok deal with the DLC included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Anybody know the best place to buy the DLC ?

Psn €35 on Irish store, $35 on us store. Just stay away from UK store as its £35.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement