Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

.ak wrote: »
    How do you get New Monarchy points?

Buy and equip their class item.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Cormac... wrote: »

I don't have the material exchange option like in that video. Everyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

9am pst so 5pm for us. Hoping he has a titan helm and a scout rifle stocked this week /fingers crossed.

You've Jynx'ed it now XD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You've Jynx'ed it now XD

Once again.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHeX9_jrlJM

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What's relic iron look like on the ground? Doing mars chest run and not seen any lying around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What's relic iron look like on the ground? Doing mars chest run and not seen any lying around.

It's like a black-silvery rock type of thing. They're definitely harder to miss than the other collectibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

GrumPy wrote: »
    If you read what the OP said, you'd know... Press the aim button (look down your sights) while crouching, facing the edge of a wall.
    You can "peep" around and fire.

....You name suits you too a tee

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody wanna join me and a mate for a nightfall mission tonight?

PSN: terror_SABBATH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Traded in my copy there today was extramly disapointed with the game over all. The missions are extramly boring there is no story what so ever in the game.

Borderlands 2 might have got to x y and z point but you had a great story with the game so made up for it. The gunplay in borderlands 2 is also better.

Then the multi player is one pain the ass. Like I was lv 20 when I last played it online and if you have to play with anyone over lv 26 on the other team you got your ass handed to you by them as there armor is nearly 200 + points higher then you and also there guns are better then yours. Like how is it fair that people are killing you with one shot with a scort riffle ?. Online you basicly do good if your a high lv and have everything unlocked to go with it. I also was getting the same maps all the time on multi player is there only ill 4 maps or something ?. Titanfall distorys this for a online shooter at lest it's more skill based then this Crap.

To me this has been one of my biggest disappointments in gaming as it really has Notting going for it other then it looks like. Watch dogs was a good game to this.

Thank god I only pad 42 euros for it from amazon and got the same back if I would have pad the 75 in gamestop I would have been extramly sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I tried that last night and it didn't work as shown in the video. Each time I got killed the previous drops would disappear.

Any joy since?

I should add the first time you do it every day you have to repeat the very start of the mission. But as I said you only have to do it once a day.

• Advertisement

*cracks knuckles* right let's get to this
    Traded in my copy there today was extramly disapointed with the game over all. The missions are extramly boring there is no story what so ever in the game.

Noone is disputing this
    Borderlands 2 might have got to x y and z point but you had a great story with the game so made up for it. The gunplay in borderlands 2 is also better.

Loved BL2, but the "gun-play" is either the exact same or better in destiny
    Then the multi player is one pain the ass. Like I was lv 20 when I last played it online and if you have to play with anyone over lv 26 on the other team you got your ass handed to you by them as there armor is nearly 200 + points higher then you and also there guns are better then yours.

Embarrassing for you :o:o:o
    I literally cannot believe this is still being said.... let me summarise, almost all base stats are default... so level 25 and level 5 both do the same damage with a standard auto-rifle.
    Like how is it fair that people are killing you with one shot with a scort riffle ?. Online you basicly do good if your a high lv and have everything unlocked to go with it. I also was getting the same maps all the time on multi player is there only ill 4 maps or something

There's 10, 11 if you have the playstation version, but lets not let the facts (you could have googled by the time you typed that sentence) get in the way of a big moan
    Titanfall distorys this for a online shooter at lest it's more skill based then this Crap.

:confused: Isn't Titanfall more arcadey in an "Anyone can win - even Sam Apple" kind of way?
    Sounds like someone is the Business Class ticket holder to the "Bitter I'm not Owning in PvP Train"
    To me this has been one of my biggest disappointments in gaming as it really has Notting going for it other then it looks like. Watch dogs was a good game to this.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Thank god I only pad 42 euros for it from amazon and got the same back if I would have pad the 75 in gamestop I would have been extramly sick.

Well there's really nothing to lose so, €42 is a steal.

I'm gonna play Joe-honest here and say from the tone and approach of what you've written you were probably pretty poor at the game and blamed the game for that.
    As has been said many times, the real game only starts at level 20.
    I'm glad you took part in the tutorial though and your token 5 games of crucible, there's plenty of other game demos on the online store, most of them are free, save yourself the stress you've encountered this time

There's 10, 11 if you have the playstation version, but lets not let the facts (you could have googled by the time you typed that sentence) get in the way of a big moan

In fairness, it really does feel like some maps repeat themselves more than others. Many times I've gotten the same map twice in a row, and some days you might only play 4 maps in about 10 different matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

There does need to be more maps IMO.

Something bungie have been great for previously though so I expect it to get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Noone is disputing this

Loved BL2, but the "gun-play" is either the exact same or better in destiny

Embarrassing for you :o:o:o
    I literally cannot believe this is still being said.... let me summarise, almost all base stats are default... so level 25 and level 5 both do the same damage with a standard auto-rifle.

:confused: Isn't Titanfall more arcadey in an "Anyone can win - even Sam Apple" kind of way?
    Sounds like someone is the Business Class ticket holder to the "Bitter I'm not Owning in PvP Train"

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Well there's really nothing to lose so, €42 is a steal.

I'm gonna play Joe-honest here and say from the tone and approach of what you've written you were probably pretty poor at the game and blamed the game for that.
    As has been said many times, the real game only starts at level 20.
    I'm glad you took part in the tutorial though and your token 5 games of crucible, there's plenty of other game demos on the online store, most of them are free, save yourself the stress you've encountered this time

Kill death rate in every game i played was like 12+ kills and 10 or so deaths. So a + with kills ;).

Won't say this is better then borderlands 2. I easily put 70 + hours in borderlands 2 on the vita and I wasint able to put the game down for a month.

Wouldint say they are the same I killed lv 5s with like 2 shots and I barely got anything taking from me when they shot at me.

Titanfall is a better game I am sorry to say that. To make it worse I play the 360 version of it and it's hands down a better shooter online then this. Another great online game is GTA 5 I had so much fun playing that online with firends as you never know what game mode or what you are going to do next online

5 games online lol make it about 40 or more :/.

Just gave my views of the game I was disapointed with it after the hype it got.

Penn wrote: »
    In fairness, it really does feel like some maps repeat themselves more than others. Many times I've gotten the same map twice in a row, and some days you might only play 4 maps in about 10 different matches.

I try an alternate between the Daily/Weekly (which was Salvage), Control, Rumble and Skirmish though, maybe that might be some of the reason I'm encountering no issue with it.

I'd challenge you to find any game where if you play 10 games there's not a high likelihood it will be over maybe 4 maps as you say

Counterstike, COD etc, and those are games where you can choose the maps.
    For a launch game where PvP is about 1/3 of the game, I think there is plenty.
    I'd like to know what it's being compared against by the OP (as opposed to yourself)

Some people just don't like putting in the hours to get the best out of games, and that's fair enough to them. I for one think I've gotten my money's worth purely from the hours I've put in already and plenty more to come, I can see myself playing this in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

looks like I'll have to do some more glimmer farming if you can trade it for strange coins. Yay

looks like I'll have to do some more glimmer farming if you can trade it for strange coins. Yay

Think you can only buy one coin through glimmer.

I'd challenge you to find any game where if you play 10 games there's not a high likelihood it will be over maybe 4 maps as you say

Counterstike, COD etc, and those are games where you can choose the maps.
    For a launch game where PvP is about 1/3 of the game, I think there is plenty.
    I'd like to know what it's being compared against by the OP (as opposed to yourself)

Hey man there was loads of maps on cod, you know...after you paid like €45+ for the DLC :L

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Don't agree with their assessment either, but no Titanfall has a steeper learning curve and has a more level playing field imo. The super charge abilities are among the most "noob" (hate that term) friendly things I've seen this side of CoD's killstreak rewards.

I can't buy strange coins or material trade with Xor, am I the only one?

Wouldint say they are the same I killed lv 5s with like 2 shots and I barely got anything taking from me when they shot at me.

There's lots of info in this thread about how to get the best from PvP (meaningless now since you're trading it), but it's not as simple as go in with your PvE gear and shoot, you need to pick your subclass, class attributees, load out, perks, weapon upgrades and ammo upgrades accordingly. Fast grenade recharge time is more important in PvP than say carry more ammo for hand cannons.
    Titanfall is a better game I am sorry to say that

How can you complain about Destinys story in one post and say this in the next. It may be a better PvP game as you say, but it has zero story
    To make it worse I play the 360 version of it and it's hands down a better shooter online then this.

X-box have better controllers, i'll give them that, i don;t like my Ps4 one at all
    Another great online game is GTA 5 I had so much fun playing that online with firends as you never know what game mode or what you are going to do next online

You're really comparing apples and oranges though. Destiny has never been touted as a GTA competitor. It's fair to compare it to say Borderlands or WoW. But GTA5 seriously?

Also for a launch, Destiny DID deliver on it's promises, despite how let down people felt. GTA5 did (and have still) NOT delivered.

Destiny had/has very little down time, disconnects or ways of circumventing the levelling system (criminal records race *cough cough*). GTA5 was PLAGUED with issues at launch. You're remembering it with Rose tinted glasses.
    5 games online lol make it about 40 or more :/.

So you did 40 Crucible games with almost always a >1 KtD ratio.... yet you were doing that without a sophisticated load out change?
    Well **** me you would have absolutely owned at the PvP if you did your research.
    I played 40 and i'm REALLY liking it now that I know more about my load outs
    Of course you can screen shot your stuff from your bungie account to back it up (any excuse to drag up the App/Browser thing which is ****ing class)
    Does anyone remember training your dog in GTA5s App? :p
    Just gave my views of the game I was disapointed with it after the hype it got.

Yeah I appreciate that, I'm not trying to get on your back about it, but I disagree and agree with equal parts.
    Destiny will definitely be looked back on in a few years as a massive disappointment (up there with Sim City, GTA5, Rome 2 Total War, Watchdogs etc).

But I think it's the players that play it the way Bungie intended (which is pretty grindy I'll admit) will have enjoyed it more than your average joe soap

Anyway :)

OJ0ZdPj.jpg?1

Gandalph wrote: »
    Hey man there was loads of maps on cod, you know...after you paid like €45+ for the DLC :L

I did.... One of only 3 Season Passes (CODBO2) I ever bought (all around the same time, the others were Bioshock Infintie and Bordelands 2 - funnily enough) and yet still ended up playing the same 6 or so maps the majority of the time in BO2

0.88? What a noob!

:p

maximoose wrote: »
    0.88? What a noob!

I know *commits seppuku*
    But i do always seem to be in the top 3 in control and usually top in Salvage and Skirmish, I guess I get a lot of assists, revives, captures and bonus points (head shots, rocket launcher, grenade, super, double down etc etc)

Plus my new Sunsinger load out for PvP is buffing all y'all fools with my ability. And this:
    :p
    is the thanks i get :pac:

What's the "combat rating" about?

maximoose wrote: »
    What's the "combat rating" about?

Penis size

in millimetres

:(

http://destinytracker.com

I think it's a number derived from your KTD ratio, score, assists etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

god i ****ing hate wizards. Doing the strike last night (after finally getting to lvl 22, sry about the earlier mission Cormac, I was useless), get to the room where you fight off the 3 waves. Doing well, picking them off no bother, then the 3rd wave comes.... Pick off the Knights and thralls, then bam, 4/5 avowed/ hallowed/ yellow bar wizards spawn, which would be bad enough normally but the modifier made them ignore damage. I'm desperately backpedaling while getting lamped out of it. Had to go to bed, such annoying ****ers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement