Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

god i ****ing hate wizards. Doing the strike last night (after finally getting to lvl 22, sry about the earlier mission Cormac, I was useless), get to the room where you fight off the 3 waves. Doing well, picking them off no bother, then the 3rd wave comes.... Pick off the Knights and thralls, then bam, 4/5 avowed/ hallowed/ yellow bar wizards spawn, which would be bad enough normally but the modifier made them ignore damage. I'm desperately backpedaling while getting lamped out of it. Had to go to bed, such annoying ****ers.

I'm pretty sure this is almost the same rant I had a few nights ago in the group chat..... man its total rage... best off do wit with a buffed to **** level 23 and 2 players who are 24+ I had to draft in a lvl 27 to help me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Just about to start al daily Crucible, strike and weekly strike

Add me on Xbox, I'm lvl 20 hunter BladeDance I'll orbit there for 15 mins

Username is BeanBagJohnny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Join the clan or GTFO :p

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/118535
    And once accepted, set as X-Box Clan

Cormac... wrote: »
    Join the clan or GTFO :p

I join last week find it easier to find ppl online here that the bungie site though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Todays daily heroic mission is pretty easy at level 28, I'd recommend most try it (25+), there is no real pressure and can take as slow as you like. The only pain in the @ss is those phalanxes (guys with shields) and the no flinching modifier, basically have to shoot their hands or legs until they die or just get out the rocket launcher like I did.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I just added you there in case you're wondering who that is.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Didnt get Mick send me your Username and Ill add you

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yeah sorry got it Mick, Nice headshot video BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gandalph wrote: »
    Todays daily heroic mission is pretty easy at level 28, I'd recommend most try it (25+), there is no real pressure and can take as slow as you like. The only pain in the @ss is those phalanxes (guys with shields) and the no flinching modifier, basically have to shoot their hands or legs until they die or just get out the rocket launcher like I did.

Hate the last part with the ultra centurian, very easy to get flanked unless you hide behind the tiny rock at the back of the area.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah sorry got it Mick, Nice headshot video BTW

Hah, cheers. I like a spot of camping now and then :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭mmmcake

Im enjoying the game but the story is poor, then i read this
    http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/09/a-wild-theory-about-destinys-story/

Are we the bad guy in the game?
    A bit like Tom Cruise in Oblivion
    It would make it more interesting as the game evolves over the next few years.

mmmcake wrote: »
    Im enjoying the game but the story is poor, then i read this
    http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/09/a-wild-theory-about-destinys-story/

Are we the bad guy in the game?
    A bit like Tom Cruise in Oblivion
    It would make it more interesting as the game evolves over the next few years.

Not sure, Xur told me earlier that "Your Traveller has a dark mirror".

They're called wizards, warlocks etc because bungie wanted to give them recognisable names that played up to the "medievel fantasy in space" motif the game is built around.

Standard half baked fan theory that's seeing things that aren't there, like the folks who thought The Dark Knight Rises was all a dream. :pac:

Imagine after like 5 years of destiny and you finally unravel the story that you were all just some kids dream. The final mission being you have to get out of bed and make some cornflakes.

Imagine after like 5 years of destiny and you finally unravel the story that you were all just some kids dream. The final mission being you have to get out of bed and make some cornflakes.

What's Peter Molyneux doing in this thread :p

What's Peter Molyneux doing in this thread :p

You get your connection sorted? I told some lads (no idea who, so many adds from boards lately) that I'd do Nightfall with them but if not I can do the weekly strike with ya again.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

just requested to join the clan, im on sporadically in the evening but happy to help on strikes and so on,

Lvl 20 Titan at the moment

Rob

You get your connection sorted? I told some lads (no idea who, so many adds from boards lately) that I'd do Nightfall with them but if not I can do the weekly strike with ya again.

No, my connection to the game was dropping every few minutes:mad:. Called it a night and am currently watching some anime.

No, my connection to the game was dropping every few minutes:mad:. Called it a night and am currently watching some anime.

I disconnected twice today and thats twice more than I ever have, there must be something dodgy going on.

Any one up for a late night Strike or something on XB1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Finally solo'd Phogoth, took me a few deaths before I twigged to take out the Knights who were raining shots on me behind the rock. The rest was easy. Now if I could just get some armor with more than 6 Light...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Got 27 last night. Happy enough with that for now, had to grind a fair bit to get there so going to go back to doing some crucible and some strikes while I wait for more to hit 26 so we can try the raid!

Have an exotic bounty for the pulse rifle but I'm not a big fan of them so not going to rush through it. Part 2 is do 25 strikes and there's another 5 parts or something, bit crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So tonight I will reach lvl 20. Watch should I be doing to progress from there? I haven't decoded any of the engrams and I haven't selected my sub class. So I'm thinking I should start there?

Big Knox wrote: »
    Have an exotic bounty for the pulse rifle but I'm not a big fan of them so not going to rush through it. Part 2 is do 25 strikes and there's another 5 parts or something, bit crazy!

I recommend doing it, I'm currently on 20/25 and it has produced a good amount of legendaries for me in the level 24 strike playlist, purely from all the blues you get to level up the Cryptarch and then he will most likely give you legendary engrams at each new level. Also the weekly strike counts as 2 points towards that bounty and there is always people looking to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Thought this was funny as i started the game earlier, I'm on the fusion rifle exotic bounty..the part to distmantle 10 rare or above fusion rifles. Having never even seen 10 in all my time with the game I figured it'll be a long term thing, maybe take a couple months if I dont get lucky with engrams etc.

So, just by chance I visited the weapons vendor and I laughed as I noticed he was selling level 18 rare fusion rifles, I nabbed 8 and am now on the next part to kill 200 enemies in a weekly nightfall strike with a fusion rifle which I'm now soloing the 1st part over and over and over.

I recommend doing it, I'm currently on 20/25 and it has produced a good amount of legendaries for me in the level 24 strike playlist, purely from all the blues you get to level up the Cryptarch and then he will most likely give you legendary engrams at each new level. Also the weekly strike counts as 2 points towards that bounty and there is always people looking to do it.
    I'm level 26 now and still haven't had a single legendary engram drop :(

Will be looking for a team for the weekly strike again later, hopefully I won't keep getting disconnected against Phogoth.

I'm level 26 now and still haven't had a single legendary engram drop :(

Will be looking for a team for the weekly strike again later, hopefully I won't keep getting disconnected against Phogoth.

Just did a level 24 strike playlist there and some guy got an exotic as the reward at the end...RNjesus

Just did a level 24 strike playlist there and some guy got an exotic as the reward at the end...RNjesus

Seriously :pac:. A legendary engram dropped for one of my teammates on the last level 24 strike I was in. The game has to be a real jerk about it too and show a message that "X found a legendary engram" on screen:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I was farming the cave on earth last night and got 3 legendary leg engrams. Went to the cryptarch and what did I get... one strange coin, one blue boots and a legendary set of boots for a warlock... im hunter class oh well:rolleyes:
    I have a legendary set of boots already but all I seem to get is boot drops. I think RNGesus thinks im a shoe guy:(

• Advertisement

Got an exotic Titan helm from a legendary engram last night, unfortunately my character is a hunter so I scrapped it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement