Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Will be on around 9.30 lads.

If someone doesn't show up, I'll join you too. Would be great to get a team together for weekly stikes

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If someone doesn't show up, I'll join you too. Would be great to get a team together for weekly stikes

I'd be up for that !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Has anyone completed the Raid of Glass? How long does it take to complete from start to finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Can someone help me out with a moon mission Im doing at the moment? Finding it a bit tough by myself, I'm William_Hickey. Cheers! :pac:

(PS4 lvl 21 Hunter)

Sent you a friend request although I imagine I'm a bit late now.

Just playing some crucible and I'll probably finish up soon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Has anyone completed the Raid of Glass? How long does it take to complete from start to finish?

Groups have started to be able to finish it in under 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

tok9 wrote: »
    Sent you a friend request although I imagine I'm a bit late now.

Just playing some crucible and I'll probably finish up soon anyway.

Ok, thanks anyways. I had a friend jump in to help out, he's only lvl 17 though so couldn't do much apart from revives and distraction. We got through it after about 5 attemps though :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Crucible lagging like crazy for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Typical gamer did it in bout an hour he failed a few times tho before it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »

Was fine earlier for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,324 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

And connection lost and won't reconnect :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone know does buying a faction emblem help you level up the faction quicker? Or should I just keep my crucible points for the armour?

Also, any tips of how to quickly rank up in the factions?

Yes, wearing the faction emblem means you earn reputation for that faction instead of Vanguard reputation (not just in crucible, but all missions, even Patrols). So you earn either Crucible or Vanguard Marks to buy the stuff with, and the faction's reputation which helps you rank up to unlock them for buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Just finished Vault of Glass with my team. Sooo hard. Took us 4 nights, about 8 hours total. Got a Exotic Fusion rifle, a shader and some Ascendant materials. What a raid. Loved it! :)

Mickeroo wrote: »

Ya I noticed the same too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya I noticed the same too.

Had the centipede error a couple of times too, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,035 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Klair88 wrote: »
    Just finished Vault of Glass with my team. Sooo hard. Took us 4 nights, about 8 hours total. Got a Exotic Fusion rifle, a shader and some Ascendant materials. What a raid. Loved it! :)

Can you save your progress mid way or something ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Can you save your progress mid way or something ?

Yeah. But only if you go in with the same people and the Fire-team leader has to be the same. There's 4 checkpoints in it total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Yeah. But only if you go in with the same people and the Fire-team leader has to be the same. There's 4 checkpoints in it total.

What levels were your fireteam members?

Big Knox wrote: »
    What levels were your fireteam members?

All 27 with 1 level 28. You HAVE to be 27+. Your team has to have roles that they stick to, Excellent communication skills and Fullish upgraded Legendary weapons/Armour.

ByFtCc3IYAAKqOc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

All 27 with 1 level 28. You HAVE to be 27+. Your team has to have roles that they stick to, Excellent communication skills and Fullish upgraded Legendary weapons/Armour.

ByFtCc3IYAAKqOc.jpg

This is true of any level 28 excursion really, you need the 3 people to have a different one of the three elements on their secondary weapon to get the shields off. without that coordination it's bullet sponges all around.

calex71 wrote: »
    This is true of any level 28 excursion really, you need the 3 people to have a different one of the three elements on their secondary weapon to get the shields off. without that coordination it's bullet sponges all around.

Agree, when I'm doing high level missions I tailor my loadout to the enemies I'm fighting
    Fallen: Arc and Solar
    Hive: Solar and Arc
    Vex: Void and Solar
    Cabal: Solar
    in order of most useful for the enemy type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Dont know if this has been asked. Im a level 25 titan working towards 30. When i hit 30 i plan on starting new warlock. My question is when i start a new character in a new character slot will anything carry over like faction ranks or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Dont know if this has been asked. Im a level 25 titan working towards 30. When i hit 30 i plan on starting new warlock. My question is when i start a new character in a new character slot will anything carry over like faction ranks or anything

I have three characters and the only thing you can do is share stuff in the locker - guns , armour , inventory etc afaik.
    Probably too late now but you should leave stuff from your primary character for the new one to pick up - helps a lot.

Also (unrelated) but played a bit of MP this weekend and it seems much easier now that I have ranked up a bit. Not a fan of the MP tho it's good but nothing spectacular from my limited playtime. Do need it for the exotic bounties, gawd dammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

According to the app, I've put 16 hours in Destiny. Not bad for a game people hate apparently :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

what's everyone's favourite class?

mine in order of preference and how far i've played them
    Titan lvl 25 (subclass: prefer defender to striker)
    Hunter lvl 14 (subclass: not sure as I haven't really played the knifey one)
    Warlock lvl 9

The extra armour and jet pack are hard to do without

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ByFtCc3IYAAKqOc.jpg

I bet you's were bashing the -> key hard there.

Agree, when I'm doing high level missions I tailor my loadout to the enemies I'm fighting
    Fallen: Arc and Solar
    Hive: Solar and Arc
    Vex: Void and Solar
    Cabal: Solar
    in order of most useful for the enemy type.

Is there anything online which says which element is most useful?

I thought Fire was very good against Hive?

Penn wrote: »
    Yes, wearing the faction emblem means you earn reputation for that faction instead of Vanguard reputation (not just in crucible, but all missions, even Patrols). So you earn either Crucible or Vanguard Marks to buy the stuff with, and the faction's reputation which helps you rank up to unlock them for buying them.

Cool, thanks. And this is the emblem we're talking about, not the cloak/mark/capes etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

ByFtCc3IYAAKqOc.jpg

ummmm so you need a team to win this... that explains, I spent a good few minutes trying to figure out what to do the other day, keep taking the areas but of course, as soon as I took one the previous one was taken over buy the enemy, after 20 minutes I left as I didnt see this going anywhere.

Didnt seem that hard so I am assuming things will get more complicated the further into the game?

Shame that the only way to progress in this game is either playing crucible or with friends, I always play solo so it kind of ruins the game a bit for me.

.ak wrote: »
    Is there anything online which says which element is most useful?

I thought Fire was very good against Hive?

Solar is the element with the fire icon. The wizards have Solar shields, but some of the ultra knights have Arc/Electric shields. Once you take down the shield I find that there is no additional damage done by an elemental weapon.

• Advertisement

I really want to play through the Raid. Only Lvl 24 at the moment though :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement