Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

tok9 wrote: »
    I really want to play through the Raid. Only Lvl 24 at the moment though :(

We were a whisker away yesterday, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Got myself a legendary weapon now. I reckon we could take them! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Nice one for pointing out that goody spot yesterday. Legendary Fusion rifle in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Some of the primary exotic weapons in VoG have elemental damage. Need to get in there fast. Hit 28 last night so more than ready for the place!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

.ak wrote: »
    Is there anything online which says which element is most useful?

I thought Fire was very good against Hive?

The color of the aura/shield will tell you for example wizards tent to have an orange glow to them and minataur a bluish one and knight a different blue so you can match the weapon damage to that, there are only 3 possibilities. You will see immune pop up when you shoot them with primary weapons.

Would have been really useful if instead of having actions like dance and wave mapped to the dpad you could swap weapons in the inventory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Eh, I think dance is the most important action in the game?

But yeah, seriously surprised there's no quick-weapon select.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Level 28 also and anxious to check out the raid. Am I a bad person for just hoping for shaders and sparrows as rewards but an elemental primary weapon would be nice too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

calex71 wrote: »
    The color of the aura/shield will tell you for example wizards tent to have an orange glow to them and minataur a bluish one and knight a different blue so you can match the weapon damage to that, there are only 3 possibilities. You will see immune pop up when you shoot them with primary weapons.

Would have been really useful if instead of having actions like dance and wave mapped to the dpad you could swap weapons in the inventory.

Something havent checked and I will, when I get home is, if you change weapons (for instance I am using a weapon with arc damage and then I wizard comes up so I decide to change it to a solar damage weapon) my ammo will drop, not sure what will happen if I go back to my arc damage weapon, I am assuming there wont be any left.

I need to find a quick way to level up, been stuck in lvl 25 for a couple of days now. I have played every single thing (but multiplayer) and I get 25 VG points at best if I play games in the strike list so it takes ages to move up.

I already got a good few legendary weapons and shields so yesterday I got bored and decided to level up with the other 2 different guardians just to see who I like better, I think hunter is my favourite so far

Level 28 also and anxious to check out the raid. Am I a bad person for just hoping for shaders and sparrows as rewards but an elemental primary weapon would be nice too :)

Aesthetics are the most important part of any MMO. ;)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

calex71 wrote: »

Yeah there's no need for the dance stuff at all, as long as there's a crouch button a good old fashioned tea-bag is just as rage inducing in PvP as it always was :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I'd love an arc damage primary weapon, I'm rocking a legendary solar fusion rifle which makes wizards a cake walk but nothing to take out those knights or fallen captains. I did my pulse rifle exotic bounty expecting a void damage weapon after reading comments online but turned out just standard, I guess the bonus on exotic weapons change for each person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Bohrio wrote: »

I need to find a quick way to level up, been stuck in lvl 25 for a couple of days now. I have played every single thing (but multiplayer) and I get 25 VG points at best if I play games in the strike list so it takes ages to move up.

I was in stuck at 25 for ages too. Relatively easy fix too, purchased a helm from Xur for 13 Coins and used the Vanguard Marks to purchase boots and a chest piece. I'm not 27 with only four or five hours playing... My plan is to try and get enough coins \ marks to get another legendary+ weapons for next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya it looks like getting marks is the way to go. I think tonight I'll be focusing on crucible and strikes and try and get to 100 marks on at least one of them.

I was in stuck at 25 for ages too. Relatively easy fix too, purchased a helm from Xur for 13 Coins and used the Vanguard Marks to purchase boots and a chest piece. I'm not 27 with only four or five hours playing... My plan is to try and get enough coins \ marks to get another legendary+ weapons for next weekend.

I bought a helmet from XuR

It was all I could buy off him, the other stuff he had was useless to me, a chest armor and the other were not for my class.

So I guess I will have to wait for next week he didnt have much to offer this weekend. Maybe next weekend.

Also, I am sick of getting legendary armor off purple engrams that are not for my class, I have 2 helmets, 1 chest armor and boots that are either for hunters or warlocks... I mean, that's very annoying.

And another thing, dont ask me why, I decided to join new monarchy, when I did that my (I was VG mark 1) my marks started from 0, so I decided to change back to a none cult cape (or whatever is called that things that hangs off my hips) I can't increase my VG marks anymore so now I am stuck with that faction..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

^ well Xur only does Exotic armour and you can only have 1 piece of exotic armour equipped at a time, so don't go rushing to collect more Strange coins just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Also, I am sick of getting legendary armor off purple engrams that are not for my class, I have 2 helmets, 1 chest armor and boots that are either for hunters or warlocks... I mean, that's very annoying.

If you've no intention of levelling the other classes then dismantle those legendaries you dont need, you'll be grateful of the ascended mats that you'll be forever chasing once you get the legendaries you do want.

Cormac... wrote: »
    ^ well Xur only does Exotic armour and you can only have 1 piece of exotic armour equipped at a time, so don't go rushing to collect more Strange coins just yet

I know, but I can have another exotic weapon, I think is one of each (one exotic weapon and one exotic armor?)

I am just going to do the new strikes (whenever the weekly ones are updated) and to more patrols... patience I suppose!

If you've no intention of levelling the other classes then dismantle those legendaries you dont need, you'll be grateful of the ascended mats that you'll be forever chasing once you get the legendaries you do want.

What do you mean? This sounds interesting. Can I use those/move items on my other 2 classes? (I already have a warlock class and a hunter class, both level 16)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What do you mean? This sounds interesting. Can I use those/move items on my other 2 classes? (I already have a warlock class and a hunter class, both level 16)

Yes just access them from the locker in the Tower. The classes can share / access stuff in the lockers.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yes just access them from the locker in the Tower. The classes can share / access stuff in the lockers.

ohhhhh I never though of that, never tried accessing the vault on my other two classes, thanks I will check that when I get home, I guess I should start reading stuff I am sure I am missing lots of interesting things

PS: Hold on, this means that if I can put things in the vault and access it from my other guardian profiles I could potentially do the same with strange coins and motes of light? isnt this like cheating? nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Only got the 13 coins after your man left so will try and get a few legendary before next week and see what exotic I can get.

All rare with 2 legendary secondary at the moment.
    tok9 wrote: »
    Ya it looks like getting marks is the way to go. I think tonight I'll be focusing on crucible and strikes and try and get to 100 marks on at least one of them.

Hit my max on vanguard but I'd be up for some crucible. Resets tomorrow I think so need 60 odd marks.

Has anyone done the Factions and gotten a full suite of armor and weapons? How long did it take you? My goal is to get all the Dead Orbit stuff, looks shweet...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Will be on around 9.30 lads.

Add ye there as well, Lvl 23 Hunter,

GT BeanBagJohnny

Has anyone done the Factions and gotten a full suite of armor and weapons? How long did it take you? My goal is to get all the Dead Orbit stuff, looks shweet...

I'm at Rank 1.5 with them, it's taken a while, but it seems to be quicker than levelling the Vanguard anyway

PS4 Players:

I've got 3 separate Chat Groups running now for Clan Players (you're welcome :p)
    Level 20+
    Level 23+
    Level 26+ (Raid Team)

If I haven't already added you by creeping your account on Bungie, then let me know by messaging me and I'll rectify it.

You can send friend requests to the other guys in the chat who will be around the same level, as I won't be keeping those group chats live forever.

PSN: GenericDreadHead

And don't forget to re-request access to the clan as you were more than likely removed by mistake
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/118535

PS4 Players:

I've got 3 separate Chat Groups running now for Clan Players (you're welcome :p)
    Level 20+
    Level 23+
    Level 26+ (Raid Team)

If I haven't already added you by creeping your account on Bungie, then let me know by messaging me and I'll rectify it.

You can send friend requests to the other guys in the chat who will be around the same level, as I won't be keeping those group chats live forever.

PSN: GenericDreadHead

And don't forget to re-request access to the clan as you were more than likely removed by mistake
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/118535

n00b question, but what's a chat group? You mean on the clan page?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was in an event at around 4 am Sunday morning. Had to take down the spider tank. Joined the event and was horribly under levelled. Had the golden gun overcharge ready to shoot when it went down. Spent the time trying to avoid death, dancing around lasers and melees.
    The tank goes down, exposes its neck, my time has come. Aim carefully and just as I depress the trigger I'm instakilled.
    My extremley loud obscenity probably startled half the neighbourhood awake.

n00b question, but what's a chat group? You mean on the clan page?

No, i actually manually made a group within the PS4 (app) itself by sending a message to multiple friends, by default it create a group chat window which you can name, see who's in it, and reply to all.... yes that's right, I've sent friend requests to everyone in the PS4 clan... got's me 7 pages of PS friends now within the invite window (overcompensating much) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

The experience needed to level exotic weapons is sick. Must have handed in about 20-25 bounties and killed a f**k-ton of enemies and I'm only 3/9 upgrades in.

• Advertisement

No, i actually manually made a group within the PS4 (app) itself by sending a message to multiple friends, by default it create a group chat window which you can name, see who's in it, and reply to all.... yes that's right, I've sent friend requests to everyone in the PS4 clan... got's me 7 pages of PS friends now within the invite window (overcompensating much) :pac:

Ah, I see.

You can stick me in the level 20+ so, AdamArc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement