Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

.ak wrote: »
    Ah, I see.

You can stick me in the level 20+ so, AdamArc.

Already done :P

Don't forget to post your PS4 IDs here people:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/69899332/0/0/1

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Cormac... wrote: »
    No, i actually manually made a group within the PS4 (app) itself by sending a message to multiple friends, by default it create a group chat window which you can name, see who's in it, and reply to all.... yes that's right, I've sent friend requests to everyone in the PS4 clan... got's me 7 pages of PS friends now within the invite window (overcompensating much) :pac:

Another n00b Question, Can you add ppl from the app to your team or just see who is online and add them to a group.:rolleyes:

Another n00b Question, Can you add ppl from the app to your team or just see who is online and add them to a group.:rolleyes:

Well using the PS4 App you can add friends to chat.
    But to actually add them to your Fireteam you'll need to be friends with them yourself and invite/join via the Far Left page in the menu (page 2 being your guardians loud out), so use the group chat to add friends, then play with them by linking up in-game

• Joe isn't happy about Destiny either....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

To all the X1 players, Cormac is seriously making us look bad!!

Can you go on to the Bungie Boards forum and post your gamer ID, class and current level so we can try and get some Boards X1 groups going. The sooner we get everyone to Raid Team level the better. Perhaps we should set aside one evening for Boards Weekly\Daily strikes?

Level 20+
    Level 23+
    Level 26+ (Raid Team)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hmm just thinking is there a way to Powerlevel people past 20? What happens if a lvl 27 joins with a lvl 20 and 23 to do some strikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Hmm just thinking is there a way to Powerlevel people past 20? What happens if a lvl 27 joins with a lvl 20 and 23 to do some strikes?

He kills everything and dances a lot.

Had people join to finish a strike when people died, no one is scaled up or down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Won't work like that, you'll end up just carrying around someone at the mercy of RnG. They might get marks and rep faster but still not a quick process. My advice to any fresh level 20 is to go farm the cave on earth and level up the Cryptarch and sure they will probably use most the blues they pick up, then go do some bounties to level up that blue stuff, should hit 24 in no time.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Won't work like that, you'll end up just carrying around someone at the mercy of RnG. They might get marks and rep faster but still not a quick process. My advice to any fresh level 20 is to go farm the cave on earth and level up the Cryptarch and sure they will probably use most the blues they pick up, then go do some bounties to level up that blue stuff, should hit 24 in no time.

Yeah, it's particularly handy if you have say 3 or 4 Earth bounties active while you do it, i would recommend:
    Get 9k Xp
    Melee kill 30 fiends
    Kill 20 with Fusion
    Collect 200 something somethings
    And more....

That way when you go and equip all your fancy new blues you can level them all quick smart.

And lets not forget all those delicious Weapon Parts you get by dismantling the green/white weapons.

And of course your 2-3 free legendary bits of gear from the Crytarch once he hit's level 5, which netted me an Exotic main weapon

It's a Win, Win, Win, Win, Win........ Win

Muwhahahahaha, even with your superior parties and chat modes we have outdone you once again :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can you go on to the Bungie Boards forum and post your gamer ID, class and current level so we can try and get some Boards X1 groups going. The sooner we get everyone to Raid Team level the better. Perhaps we should set aside one evening for Boards Weekly\Daily strikes?

Level 20+
    Level 23+
    Level 26+ (Raid Team)

Good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Bastian is a b@stard of a map. Hate the bloody thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Gandalph wrote: »

What's the cave on Earth btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I love it. Great fun. The key is summoning your speeder to run and gun the a and c points and keeping B with a few mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I added a tonne of people today from the boards clan (William_Hickey) Looking for someone tonight to play the weekly heroic strike with. Will be on at 02:00 after work, if anyones still not in bed. Im a lvl 22hunter. Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

.ak wrote: »
    What's the cave on Earth btw?

It's a kind of glitch where enemies regularly spawn and run out. You'll generally have at least 3 or 4 guys blasting at them continuosly. You can't miss it. First time I saw it I thought "What are these idiots doing?" Must have spent four to five hours doing it myself over the weekend. It's strangely relaxing. You'll often get the guy who sits in the cave so the enemies don't respawn. That can be vexing.

It's by far the easiest way to pick up rare items and xp for weapons. It will have to be patched soon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

B can be a real cluster**** on it thanks to the three entry points. Have had a lot of good matches on it though too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's a kind of glitch where enemies regularly spawn and run out. You'll generally have at least 3 or 4 guys blasting at them continuosly. You can't miss it. First time I saw it I thought "What are these idiots doing?" Must have spent four to five hours doing it myself over the weekend. It's strangely relaxing. You'll often get the guy who sits in the cave so the enemies don't respawn. That can be vexing.

It's by far the easiest way to pick up rare items and xp for weapons. It will have to be patched soon.

It's also a great way of killing time while waiting for an easy public event to get gold on, you get 1 upgrade material for your first gold event each day, it's a bit of a lottery though today I got 1x Strange coin on one character and 1x shard..... really need the energy ones to get my weapon fully upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just looking on twitter there. Why do so many people have an issue with the fusion rifle. In what way is it a noob weapon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

weiland79 wrote: »
    Just looking on twitter there. Why do so many people have an issue with the fusion rifle. In what way is it a noob weapon?

I've been one shotted with them loads of times, but none of mine do that even the legendary one with its super quick charge and it's 1 slot away from max upgrades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

calex71 wrote: »
    I've been one shotted with them loads of times, but none of mine do that even the legendary one with its super quick charge and it's 1 slot away from max upgrades.

I feel ya! It always seems I get one shotted while it takes 2-3 shots to down one of them unless you are at point blank range. To be honest it's great for free for all but sucks in everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

weiland79 wrote: »

Id guess because it might be a one hit kill weapon??? Im useless with them though. Im more of a spray and pray kinda player.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i'm only level 6, but i just had my first game in the crucible of control. I only had time for 1 during my dinner break, but i was by far the lowest ranked player. Does this matter ? or is everyone on a level playing field. I have not played too many FPS in the last few years, but I got fairly destroyed. only managed 3 assists !!

I don't like the idea of spawning with one hit kill weapons myself, but at least you can hear them charging up so can pre-empt. Shotgun is worse imo.

2smiggy wrote: »
    i'm only level 6, but i just had my first game in the crucible of control. I only had time for 1 during my dinner break, but i was by far the lowest ranked player. Does this matter ? or is everyone on a level playing field. I have not played too many FPS in the last few years, but I got fairly destroyed. only managed 3 assists !!

In terms of basic guns and armour the playing field is relatively level but higher level players will have better character abilities and also their weapons will have perks which can give them an edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Is it wrong that I want to upgrade my characters dance moves?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Didn't realise the fusion rifle was frowned upon.. I use that a lot in MP :(

I actually hate the shotgun in general. Don't use it in the PvE and in MP for some reason I find it takes me 3 shots to take someone down while other people seem to take a person down with 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No but Is it wrong that I keep wondering if someone has recreated the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy on Destiny?

For some reason, I think about that every so often and usually end up humming "Come and Get your Love"

tok9 wrote: »
    Didn't realise the fusion rifle was frowned upon.. I use that a lot in MP :(

I actually hate the shotgun in general. Don't use it in the PvE and in MP for some reason I find it takes me 3 shots to take someone down while other people seem to take a person down with 1.

On the one or two occasions I've used the fusion rifle it's never given me a one hit kill either, but always seems to do just that when used against me.

• Advertisement

Well if it makes any odds the female characters have different dance moves and ways of pointing and sitting, they seem like they are lifted straight out of some background stripper in another game though, I'll wait till Anita Sarkeesian forms my opinion for me though as I'm not sure if I should be outraged yet... :pac:

couldn't resist that cheap dig sorry

Also we should get a big ole dance party going on some day at the Cave or Tower, there was 6 of us at the cave yesterday, total missed opportunity :)

Mark my words, it's only a matter of time until someone re-makes the entirety of RUN DMCs video frame by frame, this is the internet after all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement