Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

tok9 wrote: »
    No but Is it wrong that I keep wondering if someone has recreated the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy on Destiny?

For some reason, I think about that every so often and usually end up humming "Come and Get your Love"

Hah, wouldn't be too hard to make a Warlock look like Star Lord either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mickeroo wrote: »
    On the one or two occasions I've used the fusion rifle it's never given me a one hit kill either, but always seems to do just that when used against me.

No I meant the shotgun, I can't seem to get a 1 hit kill with it.. although I was using it when the game was a bit laggy.

I've gotten pretty decent with the fusion rifle. If you can connect with the full charge then it's a 1 hit kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

X-Box One Players, get posting you GTs here:
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Post/118535/69945709/0/0

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

tok9 wrote: »
    No but Is it wrong that I keep wondering if someone has recreated the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy on Destiny?

For some reason, I think about that every so often and usually end up humming "Come and Get your Love"

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's a kind of glitch where enemies regularly spawn and run out. You'll generally have at least 3 or 4 guys blasting at them continuosly. You can't miss it. First time I saw it I thought "What are these idiots doing?" Must have spent four to five hours doing it myself over the weekend. It's strangely relaxing. You'll often get the guy who sits in the cave so the enemies don't respawn. That can be vexing.

It's by far the easiest way to pick up rare items and xp for weapons. It will have to be patched soon.

Ah yeah I think I know the ones. So basically you stand far enough back that they'll spawn and just blast away?

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Ah yeah I think I know the ones. So basically you stand far enough back that they'll spawn and just blast away?

Here's a video explaining it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yup.
    Usually Scout rifles "pew pew pew"
    You don't even have to shoot to get the xp. My brother was going to leave one of his characters at the cave go to work and be a level 20 when he gets home.When people run out of bullets, y'all run to the cave to pick up the loot. Rinse and repeat.

Actually if you use all your ammo and wait about 30 - 60 seconds it automatically refills.

Ha, brilliant. And presumably you just use a weapon you want to level up also?

• tok9 wrote: »
    No I meant the shotgun, I can't seem to get a 1 hit kill with it.. although I was using it when the game was a bit laggy.

I've gotten pretty decent with the fusion rifle. If you can connect with the full charge then it's a 1 hit kill.

I found a shotgun with better range marked in the stats. These tend to provide 1 hit kills more so than the scatter shotguns. Think there's a weapon mod that further increase range on certain shotguns also.

Yes indeed

• Advertisement

Actually you probably do need to shoot to get the weapon xp - I've ranked up several scout rifles. It's within range for fusion rifles so I guess you could do any of the weapons. You don't need to do anything to get the character XP.

It has to be a level 20 character to get the good drops afaik.

How do you mean you don't need to shoot the get the xp? Do you get XP from the drops?

How do you mean you don't need to shoot the get the xp? Do you get XP from the drops?

Some players (like me last night) will just sit by the cave as we go do things around the house, essentially getting some loot drops but not actual weapon XP as we're not killing enemies

Sorry, Im confusing things. I was at the location with one of the lower level characters I'm using and noticed that just be standing near the other players the character XP bar was filling ie. going from level 12 to13 but I wasn't doing the loot run. I think it's pointless anyway unless you're a level 20 or higher.

When doing the loot run I was shooting at them.

That's weird, so standing near people will give you XP. Interesting.

That's weird, so standing near people will give you XP. Interesting.

Yup you get the xp as the other players shoot the acolytes. I equipped the wax thingy consumable which was giving me over 1000 glimmer for the ten minutes it was in effect.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yup you get the xp as the other players shoot the acolytes. I equipped the wax thingy consumable which was giving me over 1000 glimmer for the ten minutes it was in effect.

Ha. I love random game bugs like that.

Well it's not so much a bug
    You always get XP for kills made by your allies for fire team, i think it's essentially just counting the guys farming as allies of yours.

As much as I love the farming at the cave, i've a feeling they'll be patched quick smart

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not sure it's necessarily a bug. I think it presumes that, even though you're not on a fireteam, that you're working together on patrol missions or just random kills, so it shares the XP. Of course, they probably didn't anticipate something like people farming a cave like that.

Speaking of that cave, on Saturday I was farming it with a few randomers, when I noticed "The enemy prepares to go to war..." or something like that pop up on screen above the Super meter.

All of a sudden, tons of Hive come out from the sheds to our left, and tons of Fallen start coming over the hill on our right. Wasn't even an event, it just seemed to... happen. It was f*cking chaos, the b*stards just kept coming, including loads of Thralls, wizards and yellow-bar enemies.

My nice peaceful farming turned into a massacre :D. It's possibly a hot-fix to stop the farming. Not sure.

FY all,

This guys has some handy videos for farming materials needed for Legendary+ gear:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBtrwfkhpSSLZzmsZhVSdMQ

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Not sure it's necessarily a bug. I think it presumes that, even though you're not on a fireteam, that you're working together on patrol missions or just random kills, so it shares the XP. Of course, they probably didn't anticipate something like people farming a cave like that.

Speaking of that cave, on Saturday I was farming it with a few randomers, when I noticed "The enemy prepares to go to war..." or something like that pop up on screen above the Super meter.

All of a sudden, tons of Hive come out from the sheds to our left, and tons of Fallen start coming over the hill on our right. Wasn't even an event, it just seemed to... happen. It was f*cking chaos, the b*stards just kept coming, including loads of Thralls, wizards and yellow-bar enemies.

My nice peaceful farming turned into a massacre :D. It's possibly a hot-fix to stop the farming. Not sure.

That happened me as well. I had a pretty high level character farming level 6 enemies and all of a sudden there was bedlam. I even went down at one point although that was largely my fault as was badly injured, panic jumping away and accidently activated the jet pack which sent me over a cliff.

That scene only triggered once but it was great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Anyone else been killed by the falling satellite while farming? It's all good now because I know where to not stand when the event is incoming, always funny to watch others get creamed by it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yay, just got an exotic bounty. First part complete the moon strike.

That sounds like fun! Say what you will about the game, but they have added some nice touches.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Anyone else been killed by the falling satellite while farming? It's all good now because I know where to not stand when the event is incoming, always funny to watch others get creamed by it though.

Happened to me last week. I was idle for a few minutes then out of the blue the Warsat crashed right where I was standing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Happened to me last week. I was idle for a few minutes then out of the blue the Warsat crashed right where I was standing

I like to imagine that the warsat is part of Polands tv network.

its the little things in life that get me through.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Exotic Autorifle. Christmas in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

My first time cave farming there, and the enemies just started to come out of nowhere right after message about enemy came up. Madness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just applied for a Destiny forum on forum requests if any one wants to support the request, it's hard ring to track through all of the posts on with nearly 3000. Probably be rejected but if the game is supposed to have a 10 year lifespan surely it deserves its own forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement