Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Well the same thing happened cave farming again, I got to unload 3 full clips before it happened. It seems I was a little late for the farming! Is there anyway to spawn up near the cave? It's a small bit of a trek getting back to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

just hit 15 there.

should I continue to level gunslinger or switch to bladedancer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Gandalph wrote: »
    Oh god

The amount of tips and tactics or just the sheer speed he talks about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm just eating my dinner here. Decided before I eat to run to this farming cave.

So I just have Destiny on in the background while a bunch of lads shoot everything in that cave and all I do is spot when they run in to collect things :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

just hit 15 there.

Just switch to blade dancer when you're handing in bounties at first, that way you'll level it up to a decent level without having to use it.

Its super is a lot better than gunslinger though (though gunslinger is probably better for bosses). I stuck with gunslinger until I had it fully leveled just to get the achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

If anyone wants raid tips or help, let me know. I'd like to do it again as there's an exotic chest in the Gorgon Labyrinth I missed.

Also I ran into one of ye here farming the earth cave last night! I pointed at him but i don't think he knew it was me!

Klair88 wrote: »
    If anyone wants raid tips or help, let me know. I'd like to do it again as there's an exotic chest in the Gorgon Labyrinth I missed.

Also I ran into one of ye here farming the earth cave last night! I pointed at him but i don't think he knew it was me!

I already sent you a friend request, forgot to mention I was a boardsy and not some random TEQUILASHOT360, I have my eye on those chests too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I was dancing with Tequila and Browner at the cave for a bit last night. Was good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

just hit 15 there.

I was just about to ask this exact sane question lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Ascendant Shards - Anyone have a good strategy for getting them? I need about 30 at this stage...

Ascendant Shards - Anyone have a good strategy for getting them? I need about 30 at this stage...

The million dollar question! They are the main farm of endgame, you just have to keep at any way possible, slow process. Dismantling legendaries, Daily Story and Public Events are you best bet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Daily story on lvl 28 difficulty will give you 2 of either ascendant shards or energy. Completing a public event will usually get you one from the postmaster too when you go back to the tower afterwards.

Best thing is to get three characters on the go and you can get three a day from public events then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Best thing is to get three characters on the go and you can get three a day from public events then.

Ughhhhh thats painfully grindy

Cormac... wrote: »
    Ughhhhh thats painfully grindy

Everything in this game is :P

You can get a character leveled up pretty quickly using the cave and a public event never takes too long to spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Something weird happened earlier, farming that cave. It didn't seem to be a public event, but a load of captains and dregs I think, stormed us from the right. Hallowed nights came from behind us, and a hallowed wizard flew out of the cave.

At first I thought I'd been farming so long I was imagining it, but yeah. It was weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Grayditch wrote: »
    Something weird happened earlier, farming that cave. It didn't seem to be a public event, but a load of captains and dregs I think, stormed us from the right. Hallowed nights came from behind us, and a hallowed wizard flew out of the cave.

At first I thought I'd been farming so long I was imagining it, but yeah. It was weird.

Just a random war between the different factions. Happens in that spot every couple of hours. Pretty fun!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just a random war between the different factions. Happens in that spot every couple of hours. Pretty fun!

Me and the other lads farming had no idea what was going on. Wasn't as easy as shooting thrawls in a cave, anyway. Broke the repetition :)

I've had it happen to me farming on Venus and Mars too. Breaks the monotony at least.

The awkward moment when everyone reloads at the same time and they make it out of the cave and spread around everywhere. The collective sigh.

• Advertisement

Do you have to be a certain level get rewards in the crucible? Cause I've played 3 games so far as got nothing and one point I was the only one who didn't :'(

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Do you have to be a certain level get rewards in the crucible? Cause I've played 3 games so far as got nothing and one point I was the only one who didn't :'(

It's completely random. Matches where I have laid waste to all before me and I get nothing, then another match where I finish bottom of the pile I get a legendary engram.

Grayditch wrote: »
    The awkward moment when everyone reloads at the same time and they make it out of the cave and spread around everywhere. The collective sigh.

Or how about when you show up to the cave with your brand new exotic pulse rifle who's recoil you haven't upgraded yet so it sprays all over the place and you can just tell everyone there is looking at you thinking that this guy couldn't shoot fish in a barrel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Or how about when you show up to the cave with your brand new exotic pulse rifle who's recoil you haven't upgraded yet so it sprays all over the place and you can just tell everyone there is looking at you thinking that this guy couldn't shoot fish in a barrel.

Or the lvl 3 lad who is waiting for a scout to drop in the cave so he can actually hit something.... or like me and mickeroo experienced earlier having to message lads to tell them to move back so the mobs spawn propperly :P

Haha. The exotic autorifle I got "Monte Carlo" is pretty stable but I'm sure there's people checking my gear in the Crucible thinking "That gun is wasted on him".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

The raspberry exotic armor is a godsend for hunters who suck at pvp, re-spawn with a nade and more rockets. I get 4 rockets from the heavy ammo drops in pvp now :) pew pew .... i'm almost dead sticky nade :pac:

So many post mortem medals ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Can you get booted from PVE / story missions (playing on your own) for being inactive for less than 10 minutes? Hasn't happened to me but a friend says he's experiencing it. He has a couple of kids and is self employed (getting phone-calls constantly) so can't possibly spend one hour + glued to the game without interruption. Kind of sucks if people are getting booted like that while playing through the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Can you get booted from PVE / story missions (playing on your own) for being inactive for less than 10 minutes? Hasn't happened to me but a friend says he's experiencing it. He has a couple of kids and is self employed (getting phone-calls constantly) so can't possibly spend one hour + glued to the game without interruption. Kind of sucks if people are getting booted like that while playing through the story.

Don't think so. One guy stood beside me without moving for over 20 minutes while I was shooting at the cave in Skywatch.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's completely random. Matches where I have laid waste to all before me and I get nothing, then another match where I finish bottom of the pile I get a legendary engram.

Ohhhrite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

disconnects in this game is f**king awful... nearly completed my first random event and bam it kicks me to orbit
    nearly finished moon strike, boss on low health and kicks me....
    can't enjoy this game like this....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement