Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    disconnects in this game is f**king awful... nearly completed my first random event and bam it kicks me to orbit
    nearly finished moon strike, boss on low health and kicks me....
    can't enjoy this game like this....

I've only ever been kicked twice and that was the same mission but alls good now haven't been kicked since (my Internet Is slow enough aswell)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was booted earlier for idling when I went to get something to eat while farming the cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Very, very rarely experience any kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same here, I was kicked twice tonight while idling. Never dropped any other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I've only ever been kicked twice and that was the same mission but alls good now haven't been kicked since (my Internet Is slow enough aswell)

it ain't my internet, 100mb fibre, no problems on any other game, switch to destiny and I get kicked randomly, think I have been kicked 3 times in the past 3 hours, off until tomorrow evening now hopefully they sort it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

it ain't my internet, 100mb fibre, no problems on any other game, switch to destiny and I get kicked randomly, think I have been kicked 3 times in the past 3 hours, off until tomorrow evening now hopefully they sort it out

Maybe you need open some ports?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

How long does it take to get kicked for idling?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

He says he's getting messages halfway through a story mission on Mars. After 15 minutes AFK, two popups appear. One asking if you are 'still there', and another telling you that you have been 'returned to the title screen because you were inactive'

He's not even farming or playing with others like.. he's just working his way through story mode on his own

Launching the mission again puts him back at the start rather than where he left off, probably 3/4 of the way into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Finally got a chance to give this a good whack this evening. Everyone seems to have leveled up so quickly. God damn real life! Only just completed Phogoth with a mate and some other dude we didn't know.

Day off tomorrow so going to get a **** bucket and grind the day away. Currently level 12 if there is anybody similar level that needs a buddy for any of the missions.

Handed in 3 Legendary Engrams and got blue guns back. No worries, that pushed the Cryptarch to level 7. Postmaster has a package with two blue Engrams. Both green armour.

They're onto me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Currently outside the cave with some guy who seems to be running in and out after every 2nd wave, no doubt in a rush to pick up all those greens and holding everyone else up >:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Ive never been kicked, what platform are you playing on?

If there are people telling you that they arent getting disconnections the issue is on your end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I've been brought back to orbit many times for being idle during a mission. It usually lets you go back into it at the last checkpoint. Fairly annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Grayditch wrote: »
    Handed in 3 Legendary Engrams and got blue guns back. No worries, that pushed the Cryptarch to level 7. Postmaster has a package with two blue Engrams. Both green armour.

They're onto me.

I handed in a blue engram and got back a blue cloak.

A cloak called...... The grinders cloak. :p

Definitely onto me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

drumswan wrote: »
    Ive never been kicked, what platform are you playing on?

If there are people telling you that they arent getting disconnections the issue is on your end.

Bungie forum plenty of people with the same problem. If I can play any other game without any problems and its only this game I am getting kicked from i'd assume its this games servers. I'll check ports for it when I am home see if that fixes it.
    I recall reading on here the last few days people getting disconnected as well so maybe its just my turn :L

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Here's a video explaining it

Got a Purple that bumped me to 24 from this, Cheers for the heads up :):):D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a purple piece of armour on the raid before I had to quit out at a check point, just short of 25 now.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Currently outside the cave with some guy who seems to be running in and out after every 2nd wave, no doubt in a rush to pick up all those greens and holding everyone else up >:(

That happened yesterday with a guy who checked all his stuff IN the cave too.

He also used his titan shield every time it was supercharged, blocking everyone behind him and allowing the thralls out.

He was the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Whats the error you get when you get kicked? Bee by chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,036 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

logik wrote: »
    Whats the error you get when you get kicked? Bee by chance?

I can't finish a game of crucible without being kicked. 90% of the time i get BEE. But I've 20m/s ping and an open Nat so can't figure out why :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Getting really nervous I'm going to accidentally cash in a legendary / exotic from farming the cave. You're constantly thrashing greens to make room and I reckon it would be pretty easy to do :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

calex71 wrote: »
    or like me and mickeroo experienced earlier having to message lads to tell them to move back so the mobs spawn propperly :P

He sent me a message a couple of hours later saying sorry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Getting really nervous I'm going to accidentally cash in a legendary / exotic from farming the cave. You're constantly thrashing greens to make room and I reckon it would be pretty easy to do :eek:

when you junk an exotic the bar when you hold down X moves incredibly slowly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Grayditch wrote: »
    That happened yesterday with a guy who checked all his stuff IN the cave too.

He also used his titan shield every time it was supercharged, blocking everyone behind him and allowing the thralls out.

He was the worst.

Not as bad as a guy who spent almost half an hour just dancing in the cave to p*ss people off. Wasn't idle either, if someone went into the cave to shoot or melee him to get his attention, he'd wave at them and start dancing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Penn wrote: »
    Not as bad as a guy who spent almost half an hour just dancing in the cave to p*ss people off. Wasn't idle either, if someone went into the cave to shoot or melee him to get his attention, he'd wave at them and start dancing again.

i had to laugh at that, to put that effort into trolling !

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can't finish a game of crucible without being kicked. 90% of the time i get BEE. But I've 20m/s ping and an open Nat so can't figure out why :(

I was kicked from the crucible last night with the Bee error myself. I managed 2 matches before it happened though. It is very annoying. I have never had an issue with online gaming with my connection before. It leads me to believe it may be a Server/Bungie issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,036 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

logik wrote: »
    I was kicked from the crucible last night with the Bee error myself. I managed 2 matches before it happened though. It is very annoying. I have never had an issue with online gaming with my connection before. It leads me to believe it may be a Server/Bungie issue.

Same with me. I only play online multiplayer games and never had this volume of kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Penn wrote: »

Hahah, that's actually brilliant.

Did the cave for 30 min last night as I had some time to kill. It's actually a bit of fun, especially with the public event coming down nearby. It's annoying tho if there's only a couple of you and the other guy decides to level up his sniper rifle, always one little fecker gets out and ruins the respawn.

I wish I didn't waste my wax doll thingy. Can you get them again?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

.ak wrote: »

Did the cave for 30 min last night as I had some time to kill. It's actually a bit of fun, especially with the public event coming down nearby. It's annoying tho if there's only a couple of you and the other guy decides to level up his sniper rifle, always one little fecker gets out and ruins the respawn.

Yeah. They're random drops, though usually from yellow-bar enemies I think.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »

What level are you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement