Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

New event and bounties just went live there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

They have to patch the cave, it's far too easy an exploit.

Started up Destiny this morning when I woke up, raced over to the cave point and there were 3 guys farming away. Just sat my character down beside them, went for a shower, got dressed and had breakfast before coming back to pick up 3 blue and 1 legendary engram and a couple of weapon/armour upgrades - then off to work I went :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Same with me. I only play online multiplayer games and never had this volume of kicks.

I had the same problem when I was at home. I would be ok on the 3v3 playlists or strikes but would barely last a minute in the tower or 6v6 before I'd be kicked. Going by reddit and bungie forums it seems to be something on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

maximoose wrote: »

Started up Destiny this morning when I woke up, raced over to the cave point and there were 3 guys farming away. Just sat my character down beside them, went for a shower, got dressed and had breakfast before coming back to pick up 3 blue and 1 legendary engram and a couple of weapon/armour upgrades - then off to work I went :pac:

Essentially loot stealing?

I presume there is no point going near that cave if you are below level 20? You would outgrow the gear you get their so fast that it would be pointless?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

logik wrote: »
    I presume there is no point going near that cave if you are below level 20? You would outgrow the gear you get their so fast that it would be pointless?

If you want to level up a character it's worth it. Got a level 5 Titan up to 16 in a couple of hours yesterday.

Essentially loot stealing?

Wouldn't call it stealing, what I pick up has no impact on what the others can pick up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Has anyone ranked up to a vanguard rep of 3? Are you guaranteed a legendary gun?

I haven't had much luck with that bo**ox of a cryptarch :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If you want to level up a character it's worth it. Got a level 5 Titan up to 16 in a couple of hours yesterday.

Thanks, sounds good. might give it a shot later before it is patched out. Presume they will just remove the mobs from the cave completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What level do you have to be to do the Queen's Wrath?

I'm Rank 1 in both Vanguard and Crucible and over 80 marks on both. As soon as I get to rank 2 I'm going to pick up at least 2 pieces of legendary armour and that should raise me to a high 25 or low 26 I imagine until I upgrade.

Once I hit that I'm planning on going straight for the Raid :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Patch Notes all,

Apparently the Cave is safe:

Summary:
    The latest patch for Destiny reduces the difficulty of a number of activities, as well as fixes issues when completing the Vault of Glass.

Activities

Missions
    Shrine of Oryx: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
    Sword of Crota: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
    Exclusion Zone: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers

Raids
    Dropping the relic at the end of the raid will no longer result in a team wipe. This will prevent players being stuck at a black screen after the raid.
    You will remain dead if you were dead when the mission ended. That will be addressed by a future patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What level are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I imagine they'll fix it quick enough. So, in the meantime, farm the bejaysus out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't mind the cave as it doesn't give anyone an unfair adavantage in PvP or anything. You don't have to exploit it & I farm it a good bit myself but it.....just....feels.....wrong.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I farm it a good bit myself but it.....just....feels.....wrong dirty.

FYP :P

A gentle reminder guys as I don't have time to be checking 60 players levels :p
    Cormac... wrote: »
    PS4 Players:

I've got 3 separate Chat Groups running now for Clan Players (you're welcome :p)
    Level 20+
    Level 23+
    Level 26+ (Raid Team)

If I haven't already added you by creeping your account on Bungie, then let me know by messaging me and I'll rectify it.

You can send friend requests to the other guys in the chat who will be around the same level, as I won't be keeping those group chats live forever.

PSN: GenericDreadHead

And don't forget to re-request access to the clan as you were more than likely removed by mistake
    http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/118535

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Anyone done a queen bounty yet? Mine was feckin hard enough, essentially an easier way to get legendaries I presume.

Gandalph wrote: »
    Anyone done a queen bounty yet? Mine was feckin hard enough, essentially an easier way to get legendaries I presume.

I'd take ANY-WAY of getting legendary armour at this rate, the only legendaries i've gotten so far are ones I bought and the only Exotic was a lucky purple engram from levelling the Cryptarch, I feel i've been at level 25 forever. RAGE!!!! :mad:

At least i'm only 100xp from Level 2 dead orbit....

F*** it! F**k the cave! F**k the bounties! F**k the strikes, I'm gonna buy my own legendaries by grinding marks in the Crucible, with Blackjack.... and hookers

(deep breaths, rant over)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to spend the rest of the night doing them after work, looked on app to see and they seem fine.

Looks like their might be a special strike you can do if you do the bounties, theres a faded out icon with the same emblem on it above the daily and weekly missions on the left.

• Advertisement

Are there any boards clans etc for doing missions/raids and pvp? I am only level 11 Titan but I have not done alot of the story yet.

Are there any boards clans etc for doing missions/raids and pvp? I am only level 11 Titan but I have not done alot of the story yet.

Yup: http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Forum/118535

Make sure you click "Set as PS4/Xbox Clan" once you're in.

Make sure you click "Set as PS4/Xbox Clan" once you're in.

Thanks mate, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Is this a new (today) thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Looks like their might be a special strike you can do if you do the bounties, theres a faded out icon with the same emblem on it above the daily and weekly missions on the left.

Naw you get a regular run of the mill bounty except a little different (200 head shots on fallen or something) and then once you complete it it will give you a story mission to do on level 24. I got a legendary chest piece for completing mine, just wondering is it the same reward for others or did I get good RnG? Because that would equate to like 6 legendaries a day which would seem all too easy, and I'd also like to know what the rep gained goes towards.

Hmm. What do the 'Queens favor' points go towards?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,038 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Make sure you click "Set as PS4/Xbox Clan" once you're in.[/quote

how do you know if your in the clan. I don't remember seeing mine to xbox but I don't see an option to do it now

Hmm. What do the 'Queens favor' points go towards?

;)

Make sure you click "Set as PS4/Xbox Clan" once you're in.[/quote

how do you know if your in the clan. I don't remember seeing mine to xbox but I don't see an option to do it now

It'll have a Clan Tag as part of your Emblem in game, you more than likely were kicked by accident during the great accidental cull so please ask to re-add and i'll re-approve you

• Advertisement

If you look at your gamercard in game it will say Official Boards IE Clan under your name if you're in it.Looking at the clan on the webpage it doesn't look like you're there, you should see the option under the name of the clan at the top. I can still see Set as Playstation Clan on mine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement