Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street's Michael Le Vell charged with child sex offences

Options
  • 15-02-2013 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭

In the last hour, Michael Le Vell (real name Michael Turner) who plays Kevin Webster on Coronation Street has been charged with 19 offences. He will appear in court on February 27th.
    Alison Levitt QC, Principal Legal Advisor to the Director of Public Prosecutions said: "I have very carefully reviewed the evidence in this case and I have concluded that there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest to charge Michael Robert Turner with a number of sexual offences.
    “I have authorised Greater Manchester Police to charge Mr Turner with nineteen offences, including rape of a child. (Mirror.co.uk)
    Full story here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

Wasn't he investigated and not charged previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

paulaa wrote: »

late last night GMP said the actor, from Hale, Cheshire, had been charged with sex offences against a youngster after a review of evidence by lawyers from the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/corrie-actor-charged-with-child-sex-offences-584808.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

The allegations were made 17 months ago and the police appear to have been building a case since then.

Mod hat: Let's bear in mind that while the police and CPS have probably not pressed charges lightly, Turner is innocent until proven guilty, so posters need to keep that in mind while posting.
    And please don't speculate wildly about who his alleged victim is. These are serious charges and this case is real life, so the types of comments that are regularly made about characters and storylines won't be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

paulaa wrote: »
    Yes, in 2011. It's unclear if this is a new accusation or if those charges are being revisited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

I'm shocked. I've been watching him in Corrie for almost 30 years

It seems he's to appear in court in 2 weeks time
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2278929/BREAKING-NEWS-Coronation-Street-star-Michael-Le-Vell-charged-child-sex-offences.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Haven't been following the trial that closely, so I may be mistaken, but the trial effectively ended today (other than closing statements due on Monday followed by the all-important verdict), but it seems to me they have feck all evidence against him.

Would that be fair to say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

There's a thread in AH about it! There seems to be very little evidence imo but that means nothing in this day and age!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Sky News reporting a verdict of Not Guilty. No link yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Advertisement