Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Melbourne Gold Cup - Good time to visit?

Options
  • 15-02-2013 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning a holiday to Australia in October/November time, just noticed the Melbourne Gold Cup is on the first week of Nov. So just wondering is it good craic and should I add it to my itinerary?

I know feck all about horses but I've been to the races in Galway a few times and it was always a great day out! I'm gonna be spending about 5 days in Melbourne, staying with mates so accommodation is not an issue, but plan on sightseeing and doing as much as possible, is the city much busier that week or is it a time to maybe consider avoiding Melbourne?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

If you have a chance of being in Melbourne for the Cup its definitly worthwhile. I prefer to go to the races on the Saturday before the cup for Derby Day but I have been to both and both days are great craic. Good buzz around the city for the whole week from Sat right through to the following Sat.

If you can make it then you should!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

f you think the Galways races makes for a good time to visit Galway, then the same would apply to Melbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Ok thanks for the feedback!

Advertisement