Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Closure/Cancellation

Options
  • 15-02-2013 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

Can you please provide me the correct address for giving the required 30 days notice in writing.

I tried going via 1901, but got repeatedly cut off before getting to talk to anyon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

Can you please provide me the correct address for giving the required 30 days notice in writing.

I tried going via 1901, but got repeatedly cut off before getting to talk to anyon
    Hi the groutch

If you wish to cancel your account you would need to follow this cancellation process:

eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. We require customers to contact our service team on 1901 (ask for cancellations). Who will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department.

eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days after receipt.

I know this process seems a little complicated but this way there should be two records of the customers call to cancel the account as well as the e-mail or letter they subsequently send in. Also the customer may need to be advised of any possible contract cancellation charges.

So should you ever need to enquire about the request we have a few options to track it from the the first call.

Our cancellation department can also place an order for emobile broadband for you.

Regards
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hi the groutch

If you wish to cancel your account you would need to follow this cancellation process:

eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. We require customers to contact our service team on 1901 (ask for cancellations). Who will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department.

eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days after receipt.

I know this process seems a little complicated but this way there should be two records of the customers call to cancel the account as well as the e-mail or letter they subsequently send in. Also the customer may need to be advised of any possible contract cancellation charges.

So should you ever need to enquire about the request we have a few options to track it from the the first call.

Our cancellation department can also place an order for emobile broadband for you.

Regards
    Linda
    so in other words you refuse to give me the details

with service like that it's no wonder people are cancelling their accounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

so in other words you refuse to give me the details

with service like that it's no wonder people are cancelling their accounts

Hi the groutch,

The reason we can not give the e-mail address out, if the customer has not spoken to cancellations (then they may not be aware / advised of any possible contract cancellation charges)

Then customers may understandably refute the possible charges, which is why we have to refer ever customer to contact cancellations - whole will give the e-mail / postal address to send in the written notification.

Also cancellations can take note and record the call should the customer have any disputes with the final bill.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

In fairness at least your thread wasnt deleted.

Currently following the above and today i got the " we never got your letter" from eircom. 

thankfully i screenshotted the thread i made before it was deleted.

Advertisement