Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the MSSQL sa account password? (CloudVM)

Options
  • 15-02-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I changed my cloud VM instance from some CentOS distro to the 'Windows Server 2008 with IIS & MSSQL' one. 

When I try to add a new database via Management Studio I am getting:
    Create failed for Database 'mydbname';. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
    An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)
    CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

When I log-in to MSSQL I have found that the only account with 'sysadmin' privileges is the SA account.

SELECT
    p.name AS [Name]
    FROM
    sys.server_principals r
    INNER JOIN sys.server_role_members m ON r.principal_id = m.role_principal_id
    INNER JOIN sys.server_principals p ON 
    p.principal_id = m.member_principal_id 
    WHERE r.type = 'R' and r.name = N'sysadmin'

So, what are the SQL log-in credentials, that are scripted, as part of the VM image? i.e. what is the SA password?

Surely, I am not the only person that has had this issue?

Thanks

Comments

Hi there,

Please open a support ticket at help@blacknight.com and we will be able to assist you further.

Thank you,

Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Hi there,

Please open a support ticket at help@blacknight.com and we will be able to assist you further.

Thank you,

Niamh.

I did Niamh. The support issue was pushed back to me because it is a 'self managed subscription'. Ticket #: 10057

This password is configured as part of the VM instance that is rolled out when you 'build a VM instance' through the Blacknight CloudVM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I believe one of our support team dealt with this issue afterwards. If it hasn't been resolved please let me know

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

It was dealt with in the ticket. Thanks

Advertisement