Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beast of East 2013

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

ray o wrote: »
    Yep, my Garmin showed 8.6km
    Wait wasnt the run actually started after the bike dismount? I thought it might have been as the 1km marker was right at the road when we came out of the field? (guess its not meant to be....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

adamski8 wrote: »
    Wait wasnt the run actually started after the bike dismount? I thought it might have been as the 1km marker was right at the road when we came out of the field? (guess its not meant to be....)

Thought a similar thing myself as regards the markers, the run (with bike) from trans to mount line went on for ages (and ditto return). Maybe the overall run was 10k (but the chip times are certainly for 8.6/8.7k)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

If that's the case I withdraw my moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭gilleek2

So do you mean instead of swim, t1, bike, t2, run it was a swim,t1, bike, run with bike, T2, run? I suspect the guy at the turnaround was told to bring the cone out to the first yellow house not knowing that in the last 12 months someone else painted their house yellow.

possibly, im not sure but its all a bit weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I was going to post saying I enjoyed the race, but it's an absolute fecker of a course so I don't think enjoyed is the correct word! Managed to knock some time off last years race but still found it tough and 6 races in 6 weeks caught up with me in the end - had nothing in the legs going up the hills on the bike or run.

Scratching all over today due to the midge bites. If anyone knows a quick cure let me know.

Was a bit pi$$ed off they ran out of t-shirts less than 90 minutes after registration opened but i reckon I've enough event t-shirts to open a car-boot stall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I was going to post saying I enjoyed the race, but it's an absolute fecker of a course so I don't think enjoyed is the correct word! Managed to knock some time off last years race but still found it tough and 6 races in 6 weeks caught up with me in the end - had nothing in the legs going up the hills on the bike or run.

Scratching all over today due to the midge bites. If anyone knows a quick cure let me know.

Was a bit pi$$ed off they ran out of t-shirts less than 90 minutes after registration opened but i reckon I've enough event t-shirts to open a car-boot stall.

I seen your bike time and thought the same compared to races a few weeks ago !

Oh and i have 5 more t shirts for you soon !

Surprised people mentioning the midges, i didnt see them or get biten by any!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

My wife suggested a poultice of Baking Soda, and it seems to work quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Kudos to Wicklow Tri Club for heating the lake and cooling the sun; oh, and for the burgers!

Great day, really enjoyed it and will be back for more on a bike with some more gears.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I dunno about gears, but I saw a guy on sunday absolutely motoring along, upright on a bike with flat bars. He was flying. I'd love to see what he could do on a proper bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Again, a great race. Let myself down on the bike, a lot of work to be done over the winter

Have to say, i thought the standard was really high this year. Last year i finished 18th in AG. This year, with a 13min improvement i moved up to 13th. does this not seem like a small move in rankings considering the time improvement ?

i just checked and the time i got this year would have got me 5th last year in AG. says it all about the improvement in standard

Advertisement