Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handball in Dublin

• 15-02-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am a teenage girl in south Dublin. I want to try out handball but I can't join a club since I have never played it before. Any ideas of places I can try it?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Dan man

I would advise you to get in contact with the IOHA (Irish national federation for the sport) and they should be able to guide you as to how you can get started in the sport.
    Here is a link for you to contact them:
    http://www.olympichandball.org/contact-us/

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Jezik32 wrote: »
    I am a teenage girl in south Dublin. I want to try out handball but I can't join a club since I have never played it before. Any ideas of places I can try it?
    Thanks!

Why would you think you can't join a club? I'm sure the clubs get people all the time who haven't played before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jezik32

Dan man wrote: »
    I would advise you to get in contact with the IOHA (Irish national federation for the sport) and they should be able to guide you as to how you can get started in the sport.
    Here is a link for you to contact them:
    http://www.olympichandball.org/contact-us/

Good luck! :)

Thanks!! That's a good idea :) I've sent them an email and hopefully I'll get a reply soon. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jezik32

Why would you think you can't join a club? I'm sure the clubs get people all the time who haven't played before.

I need to find a club which would accept me though as whoever I've talked to so far has said that the training sessions are for members who play matches only and since I'm a beginner I can't play matches :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Jezik32 wrote: »
    I need to find a club which would accept me though as whoever I've talked to so far has said that the training sessions are for members who play matches only and since I'm a beginner I can't play matches :(

Wow, that's an attitude I find very surprising on the part of the clubs. And surely one which is very short sighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

I used to play some handball when I lived in Dublin and I used to find it hard to get games.What part of Dublin do you live in?You could try St Bridgets in Blanchardstown if it is near you.It might be an idea to join a club and if you cant get anybody to play with in the club you could bring a friend along to play.Normally if you are a member of a cliub you can bring in somebody as a guest to try a game without them having to be or become a member.You could also ring Pat Ryan.He lives in Glasnevin and has done a lot for handball in Dublin.I will give you his number if you PM me.

Advertisement