Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grizzly Bear - Iveagh Gardens, July 18th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Savage news, great band and if the weather holds should be a great show.

http://nialler9.com/grizzly-bear-for-galway-dublin/

Playing Roisin Dubh as part of the Galways Arts Festival as well.

Yay. €33.50 is well worth it but are they that well known to be charging that sort of dough? Or are they bringing a reasonably well known support act with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Yay. €33.50 is well worth it but are they that well known to be charging that sort of dough? Or are they bringing a reasonably well known support act with them?

Well Harmonic who are promoting the show also have some very decent acts on their books at the moment (The Tallest Man on Earth, Darkstar). According to their announcement on Facebook, they will be announcing some very special guests. If its of that quality, then it would be worth the price I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

The thing is, in my opinion the price doesn't come down to the popularity, sure we would all want it to be as cheap as can be, but I'd happily pay that price to see Grizzly Bear live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Beach House and Tallest Man On Earth are also playing Iveagh Gardens that week. Cracking line up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Beach House and Tallest Man On Earth are also playing Iveagh Gardens that week. Cracking line up.

Yep that, and there will be a ticket bundle for all three gigs.

Also 33quid is a brilliant price. Harmonic would be the most fair out of all promotors for making sure punters aren't screwed out of cash. I never mind parting with my money for a Leagues run gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

lordgoat wrote: »
    Yep that, and there will be a ticket bundle for all three gigs.

Got any info on this? Couldn't see anything about it on the Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Looks like they're supporting the XX in the States could be the same for the European legs

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

dia squish wrote: »
    Got any info on this? Couldn't see anything about it on the Facebook page.

Follow the page on FB and Leagues will post up details during the week. Also he says there's another big announcement coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I cant wait to see them in The Roisin Dubh, its just the clientele there that bother me.

ryRLhqR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I cant wait to see them in The Roisin Dubh, its just the clientele there that bother me.

The goat's the worst, he's the ringleader.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

ryRLhqR.jpg

Are they going to sacrifice that goat?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

I don't mean for this to be spam-like, but if any of ye are up for a bargain...

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111114698731

Jamie Cal wrote: »
    I don't mean for this to be spam-like, but if any of ye are up for a bargain...

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111114698731

Couldn't GIVE the f-ing thing away. Unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

Couldn't GIVE the f-ing thing away. Unreal.

suprising allright.
    Great support act in Matthew E White

suprising allright.
    Great support act in Matthew E White

Managed to sell it for only 15 on ebay. Sickened.

Anyway, gonna try and catch their Galway show. Anyone know if there's any services to get you home from Galway that night?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

anyone know what time GB are likely to start at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

loadwire wrote: »
    anyone know what time GB are likely to start at?
    If your on twitter follow foggynotions (aka Leagues O'Toole) he nearly always posts stages times on either the day of the gig or the day before. Conisidering that there is a curfew in the Iveagh gardens, I would expect them on stage around 8:30pm or a few minutes later

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Hey guys can anyone tell me if you can bring a picnic , cans in with you? Is it a nice chilled out "bring a rug affair?" Cheers y'all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Managed to sell it for only 15 on ebay. Sickened.

Anyway, gonna try and catch their Galway show. Anyone know if there's any services to get you home from Galway that night?

Try Citylink website maybe. Most late night buses only go to Dublin

deisedude wrote: »
    Try Citylink website maybe. Most late night buses only go to Dublin

Cheers, I'll have a look. The aul Aircoach to&from Cork & Dublin has been a godsend in recent times.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Endurance_man

Any idea on stage times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

9:15 for grizzly according to league on Twitter - seems very late given the10:30 curfew :(

9:15 for grizzly according to league on Twitter - seems very late given the10:30 curfew :(

Heya any chance you can link that please? Trying to find stage times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

9.15 it is.. Chances of sell out?
    Eta: What's with the Box Office Collection as the only choice for delivery? No print outs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Some promoters/venues don't use barcode readers and won't have a printout option. Also seriously doubt it will sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Anyone going to check out the support? Really digging this tune

Great evening for a gig! Getting excited now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Endurance_man

Upstaged by Matthew E White last night. No doubt about that.

Decent gig from Grizzly Bear. Crowd here pretty poor though. Most of them talked the whole way through it.

The norm will msot gigs in Dublin these days.

Lots of hipsters who spend the whole gig chatting or on their iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Managed to get completely lost trying to get in so missed most of Matthew E White. In case anyone doesn't know the entrance is on Harcourt St not Earlsfort Tce. Didn't think the sound was so hot for the support as we were off to the left of the soundstage. Moved up the front for Grizzly Bear and was far better there. Crowd didn't seem too bad there... think we got a bunch who jumped in front of us and proceeded to instagram themselves with the stage in the background for half a song but they quit after that so wasn't so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Upstaged by Matthew E White last night. No doubt about that.

Decent gig from Grizzly Bear. Crowd here pretty poor though. Most of them talked the whole way through it.

The norm will msot gigs in Dublin these days.

Lots of hipsters who spend the whole gig chatting or on their iphone.

Wish i went to Galway gig instead. Serious amount of urban outfitter wearing posers who were there to be seen rather than see Grizzly Bear.

Grizzly Bear were decent if not spectacular

Advertisement