Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS 350 - entry exit false alarm

Options
  • 15-02-2013 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi I have a Aritech 350.

I'm noticing lately that when i come home from work the alarm is going off.
    The front door sensor is the cause of the problem - I can match the time of the alarm most days to the time the postman calls.

I think at present it is too sensitive - could someone tell me how I could fix this ?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have engineer access to the panel?
    Alternatively you can open the sensor and join the sensor connections together. This will disable the sensor but leave the contact operational.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bgengine1

Hi Koolkid,

yes, I have engineer access code ... but have never used it before ..

What do you suggest I do with the code ?

regards

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have the engineer code enter engineer code & press arrow down until you come to zones, press the correct key & then arrow down to shock zones.
    Pres the correct key goto the zone for the front door (probably 1) and press the correct key again change the gross 7 pulse to 0 0 & press correct key again.
    To exit engineer press X X X and when Goodbye displays press the correct key.

thanks koolkid,

can you tell me what 'gross' and 'pulse' numbers represent ? mine are currently set to 5- 5, what will setting it to '0-0' mean ?

Also - when the alarm was set - I opened the door and the alarm never went off -
    ( the are two doors - front and back on the entry exit zone)

There is a shock sensor and contact sensor on the front door - the fact that it did not go off - does this mean the contact sensor is not working ?

Any ideas how I can verify this and fix it ?

many thanks

bgengine1 wrote: »
    thanks koolkid,

can you tell me what 'gross' and 'pulse' numbers represent ? mine are currently set to 5- 5, what will setting it to '0-0' mean ?

Gross is the force a window or door needs to be hit at in one single strike to cause an activation.
    Pulse count is the level of lower intensity vibrations like cutting ot removing glass etc.
    In both cases 1 is most sensitive, nine is least sensitive & zero is off.
    5 5 or 4 4 is the norm.
    bgengine1 wrote: »
    Also - when the alarm was set - I opened the door and the alarm never went off -
    ( the are two doors - front and back on the entry exit zone)

There is a shock sensor and contact sensor on the front door - the fact that it did not go off - does this mean the contact sensor is not working ?

It would appear that the contact is not wired in. If you open the door & enter 0 arrow down 5 does the system set?
    Can you open the sensor & take a picture & post it up?

• Advertisement

thanks koolkid,

I'll try and get a picture and post it back ... but prob tomorrow..

regards

No bother. I'd say its something simple enough

Hi
    Here is an image of the shock / contact sensor.

Can you tell me what this wiring configuration give me...?

If the contact is not wired ... surely I cant let it like this ?

regards

IMG_0934_zpsaaafc6ec.jpg

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a537/bgengine/IMG_0934_zpsaaafc6ec.jpg

Disconnect the last yellow on the right and close the tampe. Does the zone show open?
    Is the system programmed for duel EOL?

I disconnected the yellow in the right and closed up the sensor .. then armed the alarm -> but it says the zone is open - Front door.
    I guess this means the contact part of the sensor is wired ?

I don't know how to check if programmed for duel EOL.

• Advertisement

... I've now put it back together again .. and it seems to work now..

Any ideas whats going on ?

Based on the fact that I have the sensor set to 5-5 what would be the best setting I should change this to .. but not disable it altogether ?

Is there an easy way I can verify the contact is working correctly ... like set it up in some sort of test mode and open and close the door and verify from the panel that it sees that the door is open and closed when it should be ? I'm just wondering is the magnet marginally too far away - can I verify this ?

thanks

Hi I would be changing that device just to be on the safe side. It sounds like that contact may be sticking.
    If you want to leave some sort of reduced inertia protection set to 6 6 or
    7 7 .
    If its working right then it probably is programmed as dual EOL . To check this goto
    Engineer> Zones > Loop type > Alarm or Dual
    You can test that zone by going to
    Engineer > Maintenance > Walk Test > Zone nn
    This will briefly activate the siren each time you open & close the door.

Advertisement