Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PARCEL MOTEL - shopping online in U.K.

Options
  • 15-02-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭

When shopping online many sites either post to UK only or offer free P. & P. to UK but charge for delivery to Ireland.

If you register with Parcel Motel they will hold the parcel for you at one of their depots throughout Ireland (usually petrol stations). The cost is €3.50 per package.

This means that delivery charges will be whatever the seller charges you & €3.50 Parcel Motel charge, if using this service.

This can be handy for people at work who have no one at home to collect a package and work does not allow delivery of personnel packages to the work place - or people are on the road during the day.

They also offer a Northern Ireland address that package will be posted to & then forwarded by them to your local Parcel Motel. They send you a text when it arrives. The €3.50 charge includes this service.

This could be very handy for sites that posts to UK addresses only or charge ridiculous rates for postage to Ireland.

At the moment they are offering the first two deliveries free if you sign up.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/

I have no affiliation to this company - only passing on info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

J.R. wrote: »
    When shopping online many sites either post to UK only or offer free P. & P. to UK but charge for delivery to Ireland.

If you register with Parcel Motel they will hold the parcel for you at one of their depots throughout Ireland (usually petrol stations). The cost is €3.50 per package.

This means that delivery charges will be whatever the seller charges you & €3.50 Parcel Motel charge, if using this service.

This can be handy for people at work who have no one at home to collect a package and work does not allow delivery of personnel packages to the work place - or people are on the road during the day.

They also offer a Northern Ireland address that package will be posted to & then forwarded by them to your local Parcel Motel. They send you a text when it arrives. The €3.50 charge includes this service.

This could be very handy for sites that posts to UK addresses only or charge ridiculous rates for postage to Ireland.

T&C states they won't handle firearm related goods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

J.R. wrote: »

Thanks for sharing,nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KE_MAN

Excellent service and seems to be cost effective too. It is usually a good bit cheaper to ship to N.I. from UK the only problem is having a N.I. address/collection point.

This is a service i will be using in the future as i regularly buy on amazon, JS Ramsbottom, Deben etc.

Thanks you. :)

QUOTE=J.R.;83229219]When shopping online many sites either post to UK only or offer free P. & P. to UK but charge for delivery to Ireland.

I have no affiliation to this company - only passing on info.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Irish Lion

This is a really good service and I have used it 5 times in the past 2 months or so. I have saved over €70 on shipping on the 5 products.
    The terms and conditions really should be read to prevent confusion.
    I contacted them via mail to enquire about a scope for an Air-Rifle but I was told no firearms related products allowed.
    I then asked for a number of a supervisor or someone I could talk to but no reply on that.
    The size and weight restrictions are very important also.

Apart from the "No Reply" mail issue, it's a good service.

Advertisement