Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good parking on mallow street this morning

• 15-02-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭

From my fb feed
    29vdpbn.jpg
    64576_351408148306207_700424789_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Had to potential to be nasty. Stolen car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Had to potential to be nasty. Stolen car?

Could well be, it was mentioned the silver car could be undercover car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

3 female gardai in the other car according to Limerick Leader twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

phill106 wrote: »
    Could well be, it was mentioned the silver car could be undercover car.

The Limerick Leader said they were off-duty Gardai. Looks like just a random accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

This is not a thread about bad parking. I am disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Must have been going at some speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

This is not a thread about bad parking. I am disappointed.
    Well it isn't good parking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Miracle no body on the footpath was killed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You'll notice that the railing is a replacement of the Georgian railings somebody was impailed which would have been a concrete base which would likely have stopped the car going in over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Beer Baron wrote: »
    You'll notice that the railing is a replacement of the Georgian railings somebody was impailed which would have been a concrete base which would likely have stopped the car going in over the top.
    Thought it looked out of place. Man, I'm avoiding that corner in future!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Not quite. You can see the black spiked railing and concrete in the first photo and you can see black spiked railing twisted inwards in the second photo. Looks to me like it hit both types.

Not quite. You can see the black spiked railing and concrete in the first photo and you can see black spiked railing twisted inwards in the second photo. Looks to me like it hit both types.

Youre right. I was looking at it on the phone but now I look again I can see the black railing bent back. Hopefully this will encourage them to replace it properly with the original railings now that somebodies Insurance company is paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

No-one was impailed on that railing BB (in fairness you may be thinking of an incident related to a fire in nearby Upr. Cecil St. some time back).

That railing on Mallow St. was put there only last year afaik, because a similar crash took out the original railing there. That time the car was left dangling over the pavement and didn't drop into the basement like this mornings' more spectacular effort.

That junction is notorious at this stage for crashes. Cars often come out (off both ends) of Catherine St. without stopping, or, thanks to the regular practise of people 'abandoning' their vehicles as close to the corners of that junction for whatever reason ("just popping in to the doctors, café, church, etc. (: ) therefore forcing people to edge out dangerously onto Mallow St. to get a clear view. Saw one instance when some outta-town builder doing up some flat around there regularly parked his van and trailer across the corner for hours on end.

Warden-free Zone by the looks of it.

On a side note, whoever lives in that basement flat might now be thinking of not staying around.....third time mighn't prove so lucky :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Actually commented on that fact myself when I first seen it replaced as it was a poor replacement for the orignal fence...really hope all is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Apologies for dragging up an old thread but it’s related. Just saw on FB that a car has crashed through railings and ended up down a basement again.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1407718002658830&id=676247719139199

Apologies for dragging up an old thread but it’s related. Just saw on FB that a car has crashed through railings and ended up down a basement again.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1407718002658830&id=676247719139199

Yeah came up Mallow street earlier and saw that the junction on O'Connell Street had a Fire Engine blocking the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

That is a seriously poor junction. You' think they'd get the hint. Third time this has happened in recent times.

I have to admit to driving on Catherine Street and forgetting I didn't have the right away when crossing junctions. Just realising at the last second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

While it is incredibly hard to see what is on mallow street, if coming from Catherine St,they should try and take away some of the car parking spaces to make it easier to see. Could have been a motorist taking a chance too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Mc Love wrote: »
    While it is incredibly hard to see what is on mallow street, if coming from Catherine St,they should try and take away some of the car parking spaces to make it easier to see. Could have been a motorist taking a chance too

There are yellow lines at all these junctions all ignored especially at nite only a matter of time before we get even more traffic lights put here, and once again the council haven't learned they have introduced the same type of parking in edward street at the opposite site of the park and you cannot see out on to the road as a result beggars belief

Advertisement