Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malahide Castle Race Series, 5k, 5m, 10km

Options
  • 15-02-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi All

Just to advise that there is a new 3 race series in the grounds of Malahide Castle. We are just putting the finishing touches to our logos etc but the events are live (go to race calendar) on www.runireland.com

The organisers of this event have also been the race directors of the following races: The John Davis 5km (the last 3 years), The Fat Turkey Run 10km, The Caughoo 10km Run and also Dublin City Triathlon the last 3 years (including 2013).

The 3 events in Malahide Castle shall be as follows:

The Flyer 5 Km, April 7th @ 11.00
    The Pacer 5 Mile, April 27th @ 11.00
    The Tester 10km, May 26th @ 11.00

Entry is €15 per race or a bargain busting €38 for all 3 (plus entry fee).

There is entry on the day if an event does not sell out at €20. However, we are limited to numbers within the park and as anyone who did the John Davis 5km last year will remember that we did sell out.

Prizes for 1, 2, 3 male / female and 1st Male / Female Senior.
    There will also be a prize for the overall King & Queen of the series but you must have entered all 3 events to qualify for this prize.

All races are chipped timed.

Email: malahidecastlers@gmail.com
    Twitter: @malahidecastle1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Hi potsy,

Not being from Dublin, I would not have knowlege of the area. Is there a course profile for the 10km race available?

Or a brief description will suffice. Basically I just want to know are there hills? :D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

blockic wrote: »
    Hi potsy,

Not being from Dublin, I would not have knowlege of the area. Is there a course profile for the 10km race available?

Or a brief description will suffice. Basically I just want to know are there hills? :D

Thanks

Hi

I'll have the maps done up middle of the week but its pretty much a flat course. There will be a slight incline on the last 300m towards the finish but nothing major.

Hope to see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

potsy11 wrote: »

Hi

I'll have the maps done up middle of the week but its pretty much a flat course. There will be a slight incline on the last 300m towards the finish but nothing major.

Hope to see you there.

Hi - great! Knowing Malahide will this be on the paths or thru the swimming pools - I mean fields!?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭footing

Race 2 is on a Saturday right( April 27)? So after the Parkrun?

Hi - great! Knowing Malahide will this be on the paths or thru the swimming pools - I mean fields!?

Hi, We have organised the John Davis Run in the park the last 3-4 years and our route has not had any problems with the 'swimming pools'. The route will be mainly on the paths with the final stretch on grass. This area has not let us down so far!!

We had over 450 for the 5km last year and it was very well received.

• Advertisement

footing wrote: »
    Race 2 is on a Saturday right( April 27)? So after the Parkrun?

Yes we were limited with the dates we could run the event. There is an obvious elephant in the room but we believe we offer something different. Its a 5 mile on this date, there are no prizes for the Parkrun. We are also announcing our charity partner(s) later this week so the event is for a good cause.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭plodder

Clonliffe had a race there after parkrun a couple of weeks ago. Some people did both. I don't think it's a big deal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭footing

potsy11 wrote: »
    Yes we were limited with the dates we could run the event. There is an obvious elephant in the room but we believe we offer something different. Its a 5 mile on this date, there are no prizes for the Parkrun. We are also announcing our charity partner(s) later this week so the event is for a good cause.:)
    Amazed the park rangers gave permission...

footing wrote: »
    Amazed the park rangers gave permission...

There is a cap on numbers as there is for the park run so limited impact on park and surrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 erictvalverde

Hi potsy11,
    I've signed up for the 3 runs and as this is my first time, I'd like to know if you have the maps for the runs...
    I saw that you mentioned your were working on it.

Thanks a lot
    Eric

• Advertisement

Hi Eric

Thanks for entering. I think the €38 for the 3 races is the option of choice. We have over 50 now signed up to all 3. If things continue all races will sell out.

Attached is the route for the 5km.
    The 10km race will be 2 loops or thereabouts and the 5m has not been finalised fully with the park rangers but we are working on it.

It will be another week before I have the 5m map.

There will be a race briefing doc sent to all participants with race info and course maps the week of each race.

We will also be posting the maps on http://www.facebook.com/MalahideCastleRaceSeries3

• Registered Users Posts: 2 erictvalverde

Thanks a lot for the quick reply and the map Potsy.
    I'll wait for the briefing documents then!

Eric

Just to advise all that the 5km and 5m updated maps are attached.

We are still working with Fingal CoCo on the safest 10km route but one that will take participants throughout the park. More to follow.

5 KM.JPG

5 Mile.JPG

Entry is now closed online.

There is limited entry on the day. €20 entry or €45 for all 3 events.

Thanks to all who entered.

See you all on Sunday.

PS interesting stat: 70% female 30% male

Advertisement