Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken for a number of months - recommend games!

• 15-02-2013 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

atm, left arm in sling, ankle shattered so i need somw suggestions for when i can use my controllers and i'm tired of reading.

xbox360 or ps3 suggestions.

mainly xbox and pc gaming.

prolly go back thru mass effect trilogy.

rest of the games are sports or racing or shooters.

something different on either console that i can sink time into.

ps3 i only have gt5 - tempted by god of war tho.

i'll be a few months laid up and as a result of the rta, cash is tight so budget or older games i should play would be good. id buy online or whatever but suggest away.

consider sports/driving/shooters out. have enough, need something with story and depth/involvment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

kaimera wrote: »
    atm, left arm in sling, ankle shattered so i need somw suggestions for when i can use my controllers and i'm tired of reading.

xbox360 or ps3 suggestions.

mainly xbox and pc gaming.

prolly go back thru mass effect trilogy.

rest of the games are sports or racing or shooters.

something different on either console that i can sink time into.

ps3 i only have gt5 - tempted by god of war tho.

i'll be a few months laid up and as a result of the rta, cash is tight so budget or older games i should play would be good. id buy online or whatever but suggest away.

consider sports/driving/shooters out. have enough, need something with story and depth/involvment.
    Try bastion and super meat boy, both PC games which play brilliantly with a 360 pad. Indie and old enough so should be cheap too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

TPD wrote: »
    Try bastion and super meat boy, both PC games which play brilliantly with a 360 pad. Indie and old enough so should be cheap too.
    problem with pc is that i cant get into my chair cos of the cast (and my room setup) so i'm sorta limited to the consoles :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,962 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I know you said no shooters, but Borderlands 2 is pretty great, has a very funny story with some great characters and moments, and you'll sink days and weeks into the game once you get into it. The collecting/looting aspect of it is incredibly addictive. Plus it requires a lot more thinking than regular shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Skyrim with all DLC. You should be back in action by the time you 100% it! No other games needed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

problem with pc is that i cant get into my chair cos of the cast (and my room setup) so i'm sorta limited to the consoles :(
    Ah right. I suppose even with plugging the pc into the tv you'd still need wireless keyboard/mouse to even get the game started.
    Super meat boy is out on the Xbox I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Here Come The Pretzels

Dark Souls is a game you can sink almost endless hours into. You might end up doing more damage to yourself/joypad out of frustration, but stick with it and youll love it long time!

how does borderlands play on consoles? tried the first on pc, liked it but unsure on consoles.

i like the skyrim suggestion. goty edition is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

how does borderlands play on consoles? tried the first on pc, liked it but unsure on consoles.

Borderlands 2 plays really well on the consoles. We had good fun on multiplayer. I means me and my mates when I say "we" I'm not insane.

You'll get some very good old games pretty cheap Arkham Asylum/City , Dead Space 1 & 2, Uncharted 1&2 . GOD of WAR 1-3 all worth checking out.
    I love Far Cry 3 but it's really a fps.

If you have PS3 and pretty good internet (for downloading), you could buy the Playstation Plus Subscription (90 days is only around €15). About 10 free games to download, which currently includes Sleeping Dogs and Infamous 2 among others. Infamous 2 is pretty good and I've heard lots of good things about Sleeping Dogs too. You can't play the games once your subscription is up but you could just get another 90 subscription then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Witcher and witcher 2.

Batman Arkham city.

If you can play on PC then try tera online. Free to play mmorpg. Hawken, tribes ascend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

If you like Twin Peaks or want to try a bizarre game, get Deadly Premonition. A great arcade (episodic) game is The Walking Dead. If you want a quality post-apocalypse shooter, get Metro 2033. If you really want to pass some time, and are a fan of JRPGs, here's a couple. Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia. Vesperia, though, if you have trouble finding it, it's on the 360 marketplace for 30 euros (or 2500/2600 MS points I think).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

have you played x-com? it's a slow thinking game so there'll be no fast twitchy movements needed that might upset your arm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

all the skyrim dlc is half price from monday I believe on xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    You can leave it if you need to stick a fork into your cast to get at that itchy itchy scratch ahh much better, then get straight back into it and not lose your train of thought :)

Plus, besides it being a time friendly game in that respect, it is quality and has heaps of replay-ability, as well as multiple difficulty modes and unlock-able settings after you've completed it the first time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When I broke my arm turn based games were great to play since I could play them one handed, so RPGs were great. FFXII in particualr since the game practically plays itself. X-Com would be a great choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Definitely the Witcher games and Xcom.If you feel like torturing yourself ,Dark Souls. Between the 3 of them you'll probably be well healed and have a beard down to your knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The issue with Xcom, Borderlands 2 and a few of the games being mentioned here is they're all fairly new. The OP is looking for older, budget priced games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm seriously considering breaking my arm from reading all this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

have you played x-com? it's a slow thinking game so there'll be no fast twitchy movements needed that might upset your arm

Except for when you miss a shot with a 95% chance to hit and go into a fit of rage :pac:

Except for when you miss a shot with a 95% chance to hit and go into a fit of rage :pac:

i didn't want to mention that cos I thought it'd be funny if he actually did that...

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    The issue with Xcom, Borderlands 2 and a few of the games being mentioned here is they're all fairly new. The OP is looking for older, budget priced games.

Aye, I noticed that after I said Borderlands 2. Though if it was a good game which he could play for several weeks, it'd be just as much worth as 3 older games which don't last as long. Without knowing exact budget, it's hard to tell.

OP, what about Red Dead Redemption if you've never played it? Very cheap and could spend a lot of time playing it, and one of the best games of the last few years too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

X-Com should be pretty cheap by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

TPD wrote: »
    Super meat boy is out on the Xbox I think.

Yup. Never heard my flatmate swear so much at the screen. Glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Here Come The Pretzels

If you can pick up 'The Orange Box' for cheap somewhere you couldnt go wrong with that.

HalfLife 2
    HalfLife 2 - Episode 1
    HalfLife 2 - Episode 2
    Portal
    Team Fortress 2

...and all for the price of one game to boot. Almost worth breaking your arm for :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

no order

Demon Souls
    Dark Souls
    Oblivion
    Skyrim - check DLC, I am passing on it but who knows
    Plus is also great on PS3 - am getting loads of games there.

The four above will take up days and weeks. Demon souls might have aged a bit but still worth it if you can pick it up cheaply.

actually tropico 3 would be another option, it's meant to work great on the xbox and would be prety damn cheap now

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kalypso-Media-Tropico-PC-DVD/dp/B002FB5I1S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360946338&sr=8-1 4.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tropico-Absolute-Power-PC-DVD/dp/B002FB5I54/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1360946338&sr=8-3 2.50 for the expansiono

hours upon hours of fun

cheers y'all.

like the skyrim/xcom and the rpg stuff.

have the HL stuff on pc which is a non runner until the cast comes off the leg.

have RDR, might actually get round to doing achievements. lol

fallout nv + dlc bought
    skyrim too ( dlc reviews aren't great)
    looking for God of war 3 as well

get stuck into fallout nv
    great game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

Limbo for the PC. Check out the free demo on steam :)

Advertisement