Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea Stone electronic-cigarette.ie customer service

Options
  • 15-02-2013 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Sea Stone electronic-cigarette.ie website service

Hi all. I am new to this website. I joined it to see if other people are having problems with this irish website. Have you been ordering something from them and got faulty items? Have you managed to get your money back?

My situation is as fallows. Two weeks ago I ordered new battery and 3 cartridges for different liquids. Battery was thrown in the envelope with no original packaging.(I thought at first its fine, no big deal.)

I was curious to try out my new ego LCD battery. I filled my new arrived cartridge, scruved it on the battery pressed button 5 times (how its stated in online user manual and hoped to viper happy to my death, BUT...)..But the cartridge didnt work. there was not any sound at all, no smoke no burning even lights were on. I decided to put on cartridge bought from "ovale" shop in Dublin. It finally worked BUT I could not switch off the battery. It did continuos burning to the extent that liquid splashed in to my eye. I took off the cartridge and tried to switch off the battery then but it DID NOT. The batteries blue light was on all the time and I left to discharge as I was worried it will blow up.

So after all this sad experience I send an email to the electronic-cigarrete customer service. After few days I got a reply that Its my fault I damaged battery, but I can still send to them for inspection. I sent battery back by registered post. No reply from the customer service about the problematic item. I sent them an email asking did they receive my package and only after two days they replied that I damaged battery by over-flooding battery and created circuit shortage.
    So basically the "Sea Stone" wont give me refund as they are doing everything possible to prove that it is my fault and not that they have sent me a faulty item.

What is your experience with this online company? Have you got faulty item and have you got your money back for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Not had any experience with them.
    But you can flood the battery and also if you dont clean the connection regular you get a build up of liquid that can cause a short.
    Sometimes the buttons do stick.
    The light staying on is either a sticky button or a short usually

• Registered Users Posts: 9 esmoker

battery was new for the button to be stuck or for it to be dirty with liquid. I use two ego c4 batteries bought from oval ireland shop for about 1,5 month and have no any problems with shortage or dirt from liquid or buttons being stuck. how would you explain that new battery had all these problems at the same given time?

If it was new then it does sound like a faulty battery. Although I have known New batteries to have a stiff button until its used a few times.

yes it was new. I managed to use cartridge only once on them and stopped after liquid from cartridge splashed in to my eye and I could not switch the battery off and as it kept madly burning the liquid I unscrewed the cartridge. Battery, after cartridge removal, kept lights on. I seriously thought it is going to blow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

esmoker wrote: »
    yes it was new. I managed to use cartridge only once on them and stopped after liquid from cartridge splashed in to my eye and I could not switch the battery off and as it kept madly burning the liquid I unscrewed the cartridge. Battery, after cartridge removal, kept lights on. I seriously thought it is going to blow up.
    Sorry esmoker I know this isn't funny, just had visions of you filling the cart about a foot over the top of your head and looking up at it :D. Or filling it with a high powered hose.
    How on earth did you manage to get splashed in the eye. I cant imagine that ever happening when filling a cart, I'm really curious?
    I have had batteries that don't stop firing when you finish puffing and as Vaperus said its usually after the cart has been over filled and shorts the battery, it probably will be useless after that, you can buy sealed batteries than wont have that problem.

• Advertisement

hahaha kiffy believe me I was not standing on my head or cycling when filling the cartridge. The splash happened when I took my already used, half filled cartridge from my other ego c4 battery. The splash happened just a half second before I put cigarette into my mouse to drag vipor. Of course I did not finish dragging as my eyeball got hit like with hot lava. Had to run to bathroom and wash the eye forcing lid to keep open under running water for about 20 minutes like it say in all emergency medical instructions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hah

i remember the first night I got an e-cig, big dollop of hot liquid right on the eyeball
    jesus that hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

hah

i remember the first night I got an e-cig, big dollop of hot liquid right on the eyeball
    jesus that hurt

Did you think the 'e' stood for 'eye'?

"God, these eye-cigs sound amazing!"

@ Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

It does hurt alright. my eye swell right away and went all red. Why did your cigarette burn you?

Knowing Digby, he probably forgot to take half his stuff with him and was trying to improvise :-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i pressed the fire button while i was bringing the ecig up to my mouth, and the juice shot out just at the right angle to slap me in the eye

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bambi1981

Don't post that type of thing here, the government will ban them as being unsafe :p

i pressed the fire button while i was bringing the ecig up to my mouth, and the juice shot out just at the right angle to slap me in the eye

That was some shot Dig's you probably couldn't have done it better if you had tried to aim it at your eye :D
    Imagine you were gasping that much for a puff you couldn't wait until it was in your mouth before firing up :p

bambi1981 wrote: »
    Don't post that type of thing here, the government will ban them as being unsafe :p
    Too late I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

and the juice shot out just at the right angle to slap me in the eye

Don't pull your plum when you're vaping :P

There's ALOT of non-standard batteries and Carts and Tanks which will only work with stuff from the same factory due to basically being badly copied.

E.g. Say theres about 100 ecig factories (more at this stage I'm sure) in Shenzhen, almost all of them copy whatever they can get their hands on, including other copies or buy from people making copies of copies of the connectors / bodies /circuit boards/ batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie
    Jeez, they're just along the road from me and I thought, "Oh, that's handy."
    Looking at their prices for kits, etc, I thought, "No, it's not." Although, I might buy some Dekang 30ml from them if I was pushed. I like their scaremongering approach to diy mixing; not.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

@dan jaman
    I did some research of how much kits what sea stone sell for coasts in real time to get from china. The kit of newest LCD battery to order from china coasts 26 dollars a set of two batteries. Sea stone sells them for 80 euro for set of two. They make nearly 400 % profit. Plus they rip off customers like me to whom they are sending damaged goods intentionally and after return you won't be seeing neither your money or the damaged goods to be sent back to you after "inspection" they claim to have done. Sea stone even didn't send technician report as I requested. So at the moment I have no battery,no money, and no report from them.

brianbaru wrote: »
    LiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLies
    LiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLies
    LiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLiesLies
    LiesLiesLiesLies
    SEO marketing spammer.
    Before I reported him he had a signature that linked to three different domains of c10cigs, a fake SEO blog review site that had c10cigs as the top-reviewed and another he hadn't fully cultivated yet called Vulcan Cigs. Some were protected using privacyprotect.org but c10cigs.ie wasn't, and it belongs to Olaf Shiel, SEO marketer extraordinaire from Donadea, Kildare (all publicly available information) They're all hosted by the same company.
    Not sure why the admin only snipped his sig instead of deleting hs post and/or permabanning him but don't trust a word brianbaru says.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

Ermmm, I think you might have some anger issues here Grindle.
    You back already Brian, didn't take you long :P

Ermmm, I think you might have some anger issues here Grindle.

No anger issues, just don't like lying spammers. I was replacing brianbaru's words with their true meaning. Wouldn't want any newbies (like yourself, perhaps) to be screwed by a liar out to misrepresent himself as a consumer when he's clearly the site-owner and a lowbrow SEO marketer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I posted in the general discussions thread that I was thinking about buying one of those knock off batteries with the LCD screen. They're only €10 on dx.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I posted in the general discussions thread that I was thinking about buying one of those knock off batteries with the LCD screen. They're only €10 on dx.com

They aren't knockoffs if there is no original :p

Still a gimmick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Useful gimmick! It's annoying not knowing how much of a charge I have left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Maz84

Hi all. I am new to this website. I joined it to see if other people are having problems with this irish website. Have you been ordering something from them and got faulty items? Have you managed to get your money back?

My situation is as fallows. Two weeks ago I ordered new battery and 3 cartridges for different liquids. Battery was thrown in the envelope with no original packaging.(I thought at first its fine, no big deal.)

I was curious to try out my new ego LCD battery. I filled my new arrived cartridge, scruved it on the battery pressed button 5 times (how its stated in online user manual and hoped to viper happy to my death, BUT...)..But the cartridge didnt work. there was not any sound at all, no smoke no burning even lights were on. I decided to put on cartridge bought from "ovale" shop in Dublin. It finally worked BUT I could not switch off the battery. It did continuos burning to the extent that liquid splashed in to my eye. I took off the cartridge and tried to switch off the battery then but it DID NOT. The batteries blue light was on all the time and I left to discharge as I was worried it will blow up.

So after all this sad experience I send an email to the electronic-cigarrete customer service. After few days I got a reply that Its my fault I damaged battery, but I can still send to them for inspection. I sent battery back by registered post. No reply from the customer service about the problematic item. I sent them an email asking did they receive my package and only after two days they replied that I damaged battery by over-flooding battery and created circuit shortage.
    So basically the "Sea Stone" wont give me refund as they are doing everything possible to prove that it is my fault and not that they have sent me a faulty item.

What is your experience with this online company? Have you got faulty item and have you got your money back for it?
    Hi,
    I too have been having issues with this website. The customer service I think is appauling!! I got the starter pack as an xmas gift as I wanted 2 give up the fags & I really loved this product & spent alot of money on cartridges on a frequent basis so I would have classed myself as a valued customer.
    On more than 1 occasion after I placed an order on the ritchy.net irish site I would get a different order sent to me! I love menthol & ordered the 18mg ones x 3 packs and at the time of ordering it said they were in stock & paid for my order, however when I received the order it was 1 pack of menthol, 1 pack of tobacco & 1 pack of cherry!! I emailed them saying I paid for a different order & wanted that to be sent on to me and I send the tobacco & cherry back as I would have no use for those & A person emailed back a good few days later to say they were out of stock! The email was very short, no apology and no persons name at the end so I didnt know who I was speaking to! So silly me I ended up ordering again a couple weeks later for the same order and I receive a bottle of menthol liquid & tobacco cartridges too, I was so angry & stated this in another email & also told this annonymous person that I thought the level of customer service sucked basically & that when I pay for something that says is in stock I expect to receive just that & nothing else, I also said that I understand that items can become out of stock but at least have the decency to email me and ASK if I would accept a replacement! Again i received no apology or a reply!! So I have stopped supporting this sham of a business. Its a pity because the product was excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Plenty of other great irish suppliers out there. If you get stuck I can suggest at least 6 very sound vendors.

Yes I would love to know all the other Irish companies if you wouldnt mind Thank u :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

http://www.vapingireland.com/Home/Vendors

Most are on this link. I've used a good few of them but not all.

E-cigshop.eu are good too but they're not on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Iirc, the owner made a bad call and masqueraded as a customer on here, recommending them. That was a mistake.
    However; I've dealt with them since and have no complaints.
    Their price on e-nic conc juice was pretty good.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Cheers!! I will have a look.
    At the moment im using "Whites" electronic cig set from the UK but battery life is crap & menthol taste sucks :( I preferred the taste of the menthol from Ritchy but unless they up their customer service and/or get a different ambassador to sell that product I will test em all!!.... Has anyone used the "Green Smoke " and "Smoke Green" brand?? :)

Advertisement