Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"2.2 minimum"

Options
  • 15-02-2013 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

If a post graduate course's entry requirement is a 2.2 minimum, does that mean that if you get a 2.2 you have a good chance of getting into the course?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Impossible to know I'd say. It helps obviously to have reached the minimum requirement but ultimately it'll come down to how many apply and what their standards are. Many undergraduate courses have a low enough minimum requirement but when big numbers apply that goes out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I can only comment on the type of Masters I'd be looking at, which would be law. If it's a 2.2 min then I'd say you'd be okay because the more desirable institutions are specifying a 2.1 minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

poisonated wrote: »
    If a post graduate course's entry requirement is a 2.2 minimum, does that mean that if you get a 2.2 you have a good chance of getting into the course?
    That's an impossible question to answer. Your chances of getting into the course are entirely dependent on the number of applicants. If you have a 2.2, you've done enough to be considered - that's all that can be guaranteed.

Advertisement