Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10240 Red Five X-Wing

• 15-02-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

Finally revealed:

http://www.hothbricks.com/2013/02/10240-red-five-x-wing-starfighter-lautre-x-wing-ucs/

It doesn't appear to have the "UCS" label, though interestingly it has 260 pieces more than the original 7191 UCS X-Wing. The article suggests it will be €199 in Europe. While rehashes of Star Wars sets is nothing new, this is the first time a UCS has effectively been remade.

I'm pretty underwhelmed to be honest. It's an iconic ship, but I'm not massively enticed by it based on the artwork. I still cling on in hope of a UCS AT-AT some day...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Queue the investors moaning 3.....2.....1...... WTF?!?! Rabble rabble rabble!!!

Everyone expected UCS stuff not being redesigned. All that stupid price on UCS stuff might tank soon as it is quite a good sign, that TLG does not give a flying **** about investors and collectors. They will just make sets if they feel like wanting it. It's quite good if you ask me. It gives a chance to mortal people to own some of the iconic lego sets ( like x-Wing) witouth paying an arm, kidney and 4l of blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Derek93

They did not call it a UCS ship but it is considering it has the name card ect like the others and couple it with the massive e199 price tag for 1500 pieces its definitly a collectors ship. No parent is going to buy that for a kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Sorry Necronomicon I have to disagree with you that looks awesome.

Here's the Lego designer video and to me it looks like its a relatively good size, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB_h2Rl7OsA&feature=youtu.be

I have the R2-D2 UCS model on my wish list and this will now be added to it. I would expect to be able to pick this up for about €150 at some point though.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sorry Necronomicon I have to disagree with you that looks awesome.

Here's the Lego designer video and to me it looks like its a relatively good size, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB_h2Rl7OsA&feature=youtu.be

I have the R2-D2 UCS model on my wish list and this will now be added to it. I would expect to be able to pick this up for about €150 at some point though.

It does look decent in the video but I don't know, it still doesn't grab me. But then again, the original UCS X-Wing never grabbed me either. I'm sure it will be awesome in the flesh though, like most UCS sets.

But more than the set itself, I'm just underwhelmed with the release. There are a few ships that really deserve the UCS treatment without having to do rehashes. I'm genuinely happy for folk that have wanted the original and couldn't afford it, I really am, but I can't help but feel that it degrades the UCS label as a whole somewhat.

But then again, you won't find me complaining when some day I'm buying my new €200 UCS Falcon ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Yeah I agree about soiling the UCS label by releasing older models again with so many other options. However I am one of those who missed out on buying the original UCS models and always regretted it. I had the UCS x-wing and Tie interceptor in my hands many years ago but at the time couldn't justify spending that much money on them, I regret that now I can tell you.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
Advertisement