Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice - Meteor/Fonfix

Options
  • 15-02-2013 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I really need your help on this as I’m getting screwed.

I bought the Sony Xperia S 6 month ago in Meteor.

The phone started acting up around a month and a half ago (no sound ie. Ringtones, youtube clips etc, but I could send & receive calls), so I brought it to meteor as it’s still in warranty.

Long story short:

Meteor said it would take 3 weeks to get fixed or I could go down to Fonfix in Sandyford and get a 3 hour turnaround.

I brought the phone to fonfix and the guys in there said they would have to send it away because the speaker was blown and they didn’t have the part in stock, otherwise than that phone was fine. I said fair enough and that I would send it in for repair when I got a new phone (need a smartphone for work but they were giving an old nokia so I said I’d wait)

Brought the phone back into meteor last week as I got a new phone. They sent off to fonfix and I got a message to come in and collect the phone today.

My girlfriend went in today to collect the phone on my behalf and meteor informed her the phone could not be repaired because of water damage and told her to tell me to claim it off phone insurance if I have it, which I don’t.

The phone was fine when I left it in last week, I was using it and not a bother (although sometimes laggy), but it was the speaker that was the main concern.

What do I do? I’m being completely shafted by meteor and fonefix.

If it makes any difference, I have the original receipt from my visit to fonefix that said speaker was faulty

Any help/advice greatly appreciated as i really don't know what to do and am ragging over this..

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

You have the original receipt but you didn't give it in that time so thats not relevant. They will argue that you had the phone in your possession since and anything could have happened.

Do you have any documentation from when you actually gave the phone in? If not, check with Meteor as you gave it to them and there should be some documentation to state the issue with the phone.

If all the above fails and you are sure that you didn't water damage it then I would take it to the SCC. It may work in your favour as they would have to prove that the phone was water damaged when you gave it to them and you have proof that you were only looking for the speaker to be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Thanks roborat for getting back to me,

Yea I have the document from Meteor when I sent it in, the girlfriend has it at the moment so have to double check what it says on it. Will get back to you on that. But iirc, it just said faulty speaker to be replaced.

I showed the guy in there it working perfectly (as in day tasks but that youtube etc volume wouldn't work) etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

If the indicator says its water damaged, its water damaged and it will eat away at the phone. If the sales person in Meteor didnt pick it up, theres a good chance the indicator is inaccessible. You should have got a detailed picture of the damage back with the phone.

Advertisement