Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Film Ideas

Options
  • 15-02-2013 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi

I need an idea for a short film FAST for a college assignment. The film is to be 3-5 mins long with no dialog at all. I was given this piece of music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTqsU7tQW48(Shostakovich-Symphony no.5 in D Minor) to have playing through it and need an idea to go with the music.

I need to have a presentation done with my idea by the weekend so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

As that piece is very dramatic, you could do something with the worlds news as it is now, maybe something on that meteor.. could turn out pretty good if the right clips are got and put correctly to the music. Just a suggestion off the top of my head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

peterk675 wrote: »
    As that piece is very dramatic, you could do something with the worlds news as it is now, maybe something on that meteor.. could turn out pretty good if the right clips are got and put correctly to the music. Just a suggestion off the top of my head :D

Thanks for the idea but i dont think we're aloud to add clips and it would be tough to pull of a news show with no speaking just classical music haha

RB100 wrote: »
    Thanks for the idea but i dont think we're aloud to add clips and it would be tough to pull of a news show with no speaking just classical music haha

Probably not a good idea so, just the first thing I thought of , as you were in a rush :p

peterk675 wrote: »
    Probably not a good idea so, just the first thing a thought of , as you were in a rush :p

I am in a rush!..was thinking along the lines of a chase theme maybe? because if you listen to the last movement of the symphony(37 mins) it very dramtatic and fast paced.

Yea maybe something like a chase wouldn't be bad, do you have to film solely alone, or will you have some sort of partner or team ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 alex whitmer

I suppose it's too late to add some ideas by now?

Yea it is too late has been for a while ha but ideas are still welcome just out of curiosity!

This is an individual project so yes I will be filming and editing it.

Advertisement