Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it ever right to cheer a death?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Just in case any more lilly hearted liberals want to pipe in
    Anwar, 24, was responsible for one of the most horrific child killings of the last 10 years, the torture and murder of his lover's two-year-old child Sanam Navsarka.

Sanam died with 107 injuries on her body after suffering a month of what the court at Anwar's trial heard was "unbelievable" cruelty. A postmortem examination revealed that her arms and legs were broken and there were 36 bruises to her head and neck, 26 to her arms and 10 to her abdomen.

Two bruises on her thigh revealed where she had been battered with metal poles. The girl had also been locked in a cupboard and put in a tumble dryer. She died after fat deposits from her broken bones got into her bloodstream.

Not only would I cheer this f*ckers death I'd make it a national holiday if I could.
    I hope the 2 suspects who killed him extracted the maximum amount of pain over the longest period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Absolute scumbag , I wouldn't cheer anybody's death but he deserved it...fully and I hope he went out screaming..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭starlings

Rabidlamb wrote: »

Not only would I cheer this f*ckers death I'd make it a national holiday if I could.
    I hope the 2 suspects who killed him extracted the maximum amount of pain over the longest period of time.

well aren't you great with your savage sanctimony.

sincerely,

a lily-livered libertarian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

What is this? Seriously? Why is it that anyone with a gentler, tolerant view of the world is insulted in this forum?

Which "lilly hearted liberals" are you addressing here? I'm what you would call a "lilly hearted liberal" but I admitted to finding schadenfreude in some deaths. Do you really believe that all "lilly hearted liberals" have the exact same views on everything?

Do you also think that the "lilly hearted liberals" didn't read that story? Do you think that only right wingers clicked on the link in the OP? Hey, why not see if you can find the autopsy report or maybe a poorly written Daily Mail article to see if you can find even gorier details of that poor little girls last weeks to really hammer it home to the "lilly hearted liberals" that they're not welcome to "pipe in".

Why even bother to have discussions at all if you think everyone should have the same view of anything. Why bother to have discussions at all if you don't want your percieved sterotype to 'pipe in'?

Wind your goddamn neck in. Give your own opinion and show some respect for other peoples.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

So you are OK with pre-meditated murder ?

starlings wrote: »
    well aren't you great with your savage sanctimony.

sincerely,

a lily-livered libertarian

Shouldn't you be doing something useful like championing Anders Brevik's release after his full rehabilitation.

Shouldn't you be doing something useful like championing Anders Brevik's release after his full rehabilitation.

see that's the trouble when you lose your temper, Rabidlamb, you start to jump to daft conclusions and end up looking like an eejit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

So you are OK with pre-meditated murder ?

That's quite a leap, of course not, I'd normally abhor it.
    In this case however, it was completely justified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I cheered when Makarov died, just thought it would have been better if his head was pulled off when he did eventually croke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

In delighted. I hope they made him cry for a while. I could forgive a lot. But what this pr1ck did to a child he deserved to die screaming

see that's the trouble when you lose your temper, Rabidlamb, you start to jump to daft conclusions and end up looking like an eejit.

I bet you're christian. . . . & possibly vegetarian too, I don't know which is worse.
    Well forgive me either way.

I bet you're christian. . . . & possibly vegetarian too, I don't know which is worse.
    Well forgive me either way.

more daft conclusions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Wattle wrote: »
    I was at a gig in the Olympia when they announced Kurt Cobain's death. Some people cheered. Morons.

Who was paying this gig ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I cheered when Makarov died, just thought it would have been better if his head was pulled off when he did eventually croke.

It was a quality kill in the end.

End of an era really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Jade Goody.

Lord did that whole saga irk me, just because you have cancer does not make you a hero

If you genuinely did cheer anyones death based on those reasons, then id say too much brainpower is never going to be a problem.

Some awareness may have been raised there for others to get checked out. I have a feeling she never seen herself as a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

I might think 'good riddance' but I wouldn't cheer a death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Sing along now:

"We're having a party when Thatcher dies,
    We're having a party when Thatcher dies,
    We're having a party when Thatcher dies"

I think the following quote sums her up best, Thatcher was/is "The biggest bastard we have ever known!"

Looking forward to the day she pops her clogs, she hated us with a passion!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

kfallon wrote: »

Really? 'Us' as in everyone on Boards? All sounds a bit silly and cartoon-villany to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Did you cheer Jimmy Saville's death when you heard the accusations against him? Or Milosevic's in custody? Surely the satisfaction should be in seeing them being held to account, as this child-murderer was, rather than their deaths?

Bingo. When I heard Augusto Pinochet died (someone I have a particular hatred for), I was angry. That man should've been held accountable for all he did. Death without paying the price was too good for him. He got a lucky escape and he didn't deserve it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Miri5

Reading the terrible cruelty he inflicted on that poor two year old little baby girl, I hope he died screaming. :mad:
    +1 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I wouldn't cheer his death, but I certainly wouldn't mourn the sadistic bastard either.
    I'd say his death was far more merciful than the one he inflicted on that innocent baby who did nothing to deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Thud wrote: »
    Hypothetical question, if they put this guy into an arena with say tigers would you cheer his dead then?

Yea that would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

McNulty737 wrote: »
    Nice to see real justice administered from time to time.
    shame it isn't real justice, the only "real justice" is that dished out by the legal system and is the only form recognised by the irish british and other states, the ferrile killing the ferrile isn't recognised as justice thankfully

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Makes me wish there was a hell, so the sick fuk would burn in it.

I cant cheer his death, because his crime makes me want to vomit.

To the people who say "two wrongs dont make a right", think how you would feel if it was your child. This guy was a monster, for the things he did to that child he deserves to die a thousand times over.

There is no such thing as justice for a crime this heinous.

I read two lines in before i felt physically ill. People like him are the reason the word evil was invented:mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Yes, Gladiators. Otherwise, what's the point?

As for the hypothetical brother scenario, no he's not entitled to his revenge
    ah but he is under your belief, if its okay for these people to kill this man then it has to be okay for any relative of him to kill his killers, otherwise its invalid
    the only true crime committed here was the murder of a child, it was the killers own actions which ultimately led to his own death.
    all irrelevant, under the law (which disagrees with you) those who killed this man also commited a crime, and no his downfall was those people deciding to kill him, your point is invalid, either people are entitled to that sort of revenge or not, the law says not and rightly so

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That's quite a leap, of course not, I'd normally abhor it.
    In this case however, it was completely justified.
    But you are OK with extra-judicial killing by self appointed vigilantes who are in fact convicted criminals.

What sort of message does that send ?
    We've locked you up for violent crimes but you can this have one for free ?

Without getting into the specifics of this case, there have been cases of mistaken identity before and people have been released after years. Let's face it no one in their right mind would wish well on people who left nail bombs in busy pubs.

Even at the worst possible level there is still an argument of "why should scum like that get to enjoy killing yer man, I could have done it "
    So you should still feel ashamed of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

shame it isn't real justice, the only "real justice" is that dished out by the legal system and is the only form recognised by the irish british and other states, the ferrile killing the ferrile isn't recognised as justice thankfully

Just because some justice is not legally recognised, does not mean for certain, that it was not the better justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Always liked Mark Twains opinion...
    "I've never wished anyone dead,but I must admit that I have read many an obituary with much pleasure!"

• Advertisement

ah i see another one of these, so if people disagreeing with you are "lilly hearted liberals" then can i call you and those who agree with you savages? you see calling those who disagree with you "lilly hearted liberals" invalidates your point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

But you are OK with extra-judicial killing by self appointed vigilantes who are in fact convicted criminals.

Without getting into the specifics of this case, there have been cases of mistaken identity before and people have been released after years. Let's face it no one in their right mind would wish well on people who left nail bombs in busy pubs.

Even at the worst possible level there is still an argument of "why should scum like that get to enjoy killing yer man, I could have done it "

I believe in the justice most of the time. His was a crime that no matter what punishment he recieved, it just would not fit the crime.

I dont believe in Anarchy, society needs a justice system. But id make an exception in his case - "There is an exception to every rule".

I dont get any joy from his death, only sadness for the crime he committed. But if anyone deserved to be "murdered" it was him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Death isn't something to cheer about it, no matter how much you believe that they don't deserve to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

cant help but read :
    West Mercia police

As West 'Merica Police

Merica fuck yeah

more daft conclusions
    ah you see he/she realises their argument/points are invalid so will therefore insult you me and others to try change your mind and get them to agree with you, same thing happens on a certain talk show facebook, it fails all the time just like the daily fail which said people definitely read

Sing along now:

I think the following quote sums her up best, Thatcher was/is "The biggest bastard we have ever known!"

<gets pen and starts to write song> anyone have any other lirics? think i'l write it as an upbeat traditional irish type song

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Sing along now:

Elvis Costello did "tramp the dirt down"
    Pete Wylie did "the day that Margaret Thatcher dies"

Top tunes!

The kind people
    have a wonderful dream
    Margaret on the guillotine

-Morrissey

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭McNulty737

ah but he is under your belief, if its okay for these people to kill this man then it has to be okay for any relative of him to kill his killers, otherwise its invalid

all irrelevant, under the law (which disagrees with you) those who killed this man also commited a crime, and no his downfall was those people deciding to kill him, your point is invalid, either people are entitled to that sort of revenge or not, the law says not and rightly so

My point is that due to liberal ideology the legal system in this part of the world is soft, broken, disproportionate. I think the death penalty should still exist and apply in certain horrific cases such as this. Do I think that piece of **** deserved to die a painful death? Yes, absolutely, he got what was coming to him.

Do I think murder should have a domino effect where relatives start carrying out vigilante revenge killings? LOL, absolutely not, you have a funny interpretation of 'my beliefs' if that's what you think.

In my opinion this case had the best possible outcome, which was the (hopefully) brutal death of a child killer. A lifetime of free meals, no work and sky tv is no punishment for such a heinous crime.

• Advertisement

I dont believe in Anarchy, society needs a justice system. But id make an exception in his case - "There is an exception to every rule".
    once you start making exceptions they start getting easier to make

ever watch the Dirty Harry film Magnum Force ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Larkin00

Jade Goody.

Lord did that whole saga irk me, just because you have cancer does not make you a hero

I didn't cheer when she died. She never really did much to harm anyone except the Shilpa Poppadom episode but other than that I think she was just another fame whore. I mean how desperate for media spotlight does someone have to be to have there last few months broadcast on national TV. In saying all that, she did raise awareness for cancer and if the widespread coverage of her illness encouraged even one person to get tested and detect cancer early enough to survive then it was a success I suppose :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

woodoo wrote: »

Are you ever fine with hearing someone has been killed.. any other examples?

George Tiller.

Larkin00 wrote: »
    She never really did much to harm anyone except the Shilpa Poppadom episode
    TBH she didn't do Shilpa's career any harm

in fairness, poor old Jade wasn't the brightest - may even have suffered from foetal alcohol syndrome - and the way the viewers and media turned on her after the Shilpa bullying incident was utter bullying hypocrisy in itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

in fairness, poor old Jade wasn't the brightest -
    I don't know about that, I've known plenty of people that you'd assume are stupid but are anything but and playing up the stupid card.

She seemed smart enough in the end playing the media for everything they're worth and giving some financial security for her kids. Maybe she just hired the right people but even though she died she did make out like a bandit by selling her death to the vultures in the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Larkin00

I dont think she had a bad 'oul soul. Everyone makes mistakes. She was wrong and deserved to be pulled up on it but I remember at the time seeing Indian burning photos of her on the news. Nobody can say that was right either. I'm just making the point that she was a bit of an attention seeker. The documentary about her wedding a few weeks before she died and all that. It was all a bit much.

Also, once the perfume and autobiography is released, its generally a sign that you're trying to grasp onto the spotlight.

But back on topic, I think cheering the death of public enemies is fine e.g Jimmy Saville, Gadaffi, etc.

I was also happy enough about Lennihans death. Brown envelopes and backhanders will taint even the finest marble headstones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Although she doesn't even know who she is anymore, I will have a beer to celebrate Margaret Thatcher's demise. I think everybody should. ****ing evil bitch.

The problem with the whole argument is by the time we sit down & tease out the facets of one murder rationally another 100 kids are hacked to death in some tribal or political struggle somewhere.

Those who try to justify how advanced we are as a species by not seeking swift retribution have a narrow focus on one individual.
    Meanwhile the greater world see's horrors such as these on a daily basis.

As human's we are savages, a pocket here & there of due process doesn't change this.
    Many liberals just use the media focus on the individual as a soapbox to advance faux intellectualism & I couldn't be bothered listening.

The problem with the whole argument is by the time we sit down & tease out the facets of one murder rationally another 100 kids are hacked to death in some tribal or political struggle somewhere.

Those who try to justify how advanced we are as a species by not seeking swift retribution have a narrow focus on one individual.
    Meanwhile the greater world see's horrors such as these on a daily basis.

As human's we are savages, a pocket here & there of due process doesn't change this.
    Many liberals just use the media focus on the individual as a soapbox to advance faux intellectualism & I couldn't be bothered listening.

then you shouldn't speak either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Saddam Hussein

Osama Bin Laden

Twink in the future

George Bush

Obama

• Advertisement
Advertisement