Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bull-it jeans

• 15-02-2013 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Was thinking of buying these jeans there coming into bike world next month has anyone seen or tried anything like them???? I love the idea of wearing jeans on the bike :-) these seem perfect :-)

http://bull-it.com/products/covec-laser/carbon-ladies/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Firstly, I wouldn't be buying anything in Bikeworld, they over-charge for everything. They don't have big windows for nothing!

Secondly, regarding the jeans, I think it's a case of personal preference. They might be good, but I wouldn't wear them, I prefer leathers. Maybe you can have a look at Draggin Jeans, they're pretty similar, if not better.

http://www.thebikerstore.co.uk/brands/Draggin-Jeans.html?gclid=CPuS-NybubUCFY4q2wodpnkA4A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Brilliant, I can try a pair on in bikeworld, remember the size and buy them online for cheaper :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Cienciano wrote: »
    Brilliant, I can try a pair on in bikeworld, remember the size and buy them online for cheaper :cool:

That's the way. Everyone does it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 marie065

Haha thanks :-) was my first time seeing these type of jeans but i'll look around now see what else is out there :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The only reason I can't do this is because of the internet.... it's made me like instant gratification so much that I won't wait...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Some people have no morales....pmsl :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

marie065 wrote: »
    Was thinking of buying these jeans there coming into bike world next month has anyone seen or tried anything like them???? I love the idea of wearing jeans on the bike :-) these seem perfect :-)

http://bull-it.com/products/covec-laser/carbon-ladies/

They don't seem to be anything except denims with pockets for armour? How much are they? Draggin jeans or similar are made with kevlar woven into the impact areas so they won't tear apart once they meet the tarmac and are probably a better investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 marie065

Simona1986 wrote: »
    They don't seem to be anything except denims with pockets for armour? How much are they? Draggin jeans or similar are made with kevlar woven into the impact areas so they won't tear apart once they meet the tarmac and are probably a better investment.

thanks the mens are 175euros womens 150 but he said i would get a discount if i gave him feedback on them :) i,ll have a look at the other ones aswell thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,406 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Simona1986 wrote: »

Still won't give you anything like the protection of decent textile trousers, never mind leathers which is what I wear ATGATT, but it's up to you and everyone else to decide what they feel comfortable wearing.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

ninja900 wrote: »
    Still won't give you anything like the protection of decent textile trousers, never mind leathers which is what I wear ATGATT, but it's up to you and everyone else to decide what they feel comfortable wearing.

I'm not actually sure on that one, textiles are designed to keep the weather out and not keep damage at bay

• Advertisement

Then why are they fitted with CE armour and teflon coated, with a ballistic outer shell to prevent tearing upon impact with the road?

Well the good ones like mine anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Another brand you could check out is Australian Bikers Gear. They do motorbike jeans that like Draggin are made of kevlar and have knee and hit protection pads. They are typically cheaper than Draggin too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

ninja900 wrote: »

Yes but over the protection a regular pair of jeans give you they are a hell of a lot better! I crashed a couple of times when I was starting out whilst wearing jeans and ended up with road rash on my knees for a few weeks apiece - not nice!
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Then why are they fitted with CE armour and teflon coated, with a ballistic outer shell to prevent tearing upon impact with the road?

Well the good ones like mine anyway.

CE armour? Don't make me laugh.

Its better then nothing, it sure as hell aint in there to keep the rain out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

I've a pair of Lindstrands for sale on Adverts.ie, but they're mens 38".
    Held, Hood, RST, Alpinestars etc all do them too.

Linky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

Advertisement