Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone managed to buy tickets for Billy Connolly in Leisureland?

Options
  • 15-02-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭

Tickets supposedly went on sale a 9AM this morning but when I just tried to buy a couple just now on Ticketmaster I was told there were none available. Could they really be sold out already?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

A few people from work got them. Sold out fairly quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Been trying since bang on 9 this morning. If they are sold out the ticketmaster site is terribly laid out. It still doesn't actually say whether they are sold out or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭squonk

I got some just after 10AM. You were probably leaving it a bit late waiting til 3PM in fairness OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Thanks for the replies. I'm in a different time zone right now and wasn't paying attention. I guess I missed the boat.

Ah ****e that's my day wasted so! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check on adverts ticket section and toutless.com in case someone is selling theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 clairegalway

I was also looking to get tickets for his leisureland show there as a present (last minute decision), but obviously they're sold out already! But I just booked two for the nest night, Tuesday 30th April, in The Royal TF in Castlebar. Not far from Galway, and there's tickets still on sale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Find it hard to believe that he would sell out so quickly.

Besides the fact that people are broke, he hasn't been funny in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

kraggy wrote: »
    he hasn't been funny in years.

Ain't that the truth. Well past his prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Find it hard to believe that he would sell out so quickly.

Besides the fact that people are broke, he hasn't been funny in years.
    How much are tickets to see you, i find that comment incredibly amusing??:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Used to love him, CDs DVDs,tapes of his stuff. You'd be better off listening to his old stuff, funny as hell back then. He ain't funny no more.. as the other posters are saying.. Whenever I see him on TV I always think maybe he is going to be controversial or something like the old days. . . . Always disappoints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

tried around 9.30 to get some but their appeared to be gone. there were a few single tickets left if you searched for just one but we wanted 2 seated together. bought for castlebar instead..only 1 hr away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

How much are tickets to see you, i find that comment incredibly amusing??:rolleyes:

I'm not a comedian, but Billy Connolly supposedly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I'm not a comedian, but Billy Connolly is.
    FYP.

Got tickets to see him in castlebar too. Gotta side with all the other people pointing out that he's not as good as he used to be but I just have to see him live at least once just so I wont regret it as I was a massive fan of his growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

Tickets supposedly went on sale a 9AM this morning but when I just tried to buy a couple just now on Ticketmaster I was told there were none available. Could they really be sold out already?

Could be the old ticketmaster stunt; They hold back a quantity of them in order to feed the 'sold out' hype (this type of thread is just what they want) and then closer to the show will demonstrate their generosity by suddenly releasing more tickets.Not saying it will happen but we'll see...

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭pricewise987

Trying to get tickets for INEC in Killarney---page doesn't seem to be loading with ticket options

Are they sold out????

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mcmag

<Signing up to sell tickets isn't ok but you're not expected to know that.
    Peeps, feel free to PM this poster if you want the tickets he is selling.
    mcmag, please keep ticket sale on toutless or adverts.ie>

Advertisement