Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two business names?

Options
  • 15-02-2013 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi all, quick question. For a long winded reason, I need to either re-register a business name I use as a sole trader, or setup a new one.

Can I re-register a business name or if I have two business names, will it affect my tax return?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Hi all, quick question. For a long winded reason, I need to either re-register a business name I use as a sole trader, or setup a new one.

Can I re-register a business name or if I have two business names, will it affect my tax return?

Cheers!

A business name is sumply a trading as name, you can have as many as you like but they will all be in your name and its you as an individual who does the tax return so it makes no difference. It would be cheaper to just reg a new one as it costs more to alter them. Its free to deregister them ao you can alsways get rid of the other one when your finished with it

Advertisement