Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Outlook 2010 - Problems exporting Inbox contents for backup.

Options
  • 15-02-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to export the contents of the Office Outlook 2010 Inbox to use as backup after a fresh installation.

For some reason, I can't get the Inbox and its sub-folders to export to a folder on my Desktop.

I'm doing the following:

In Outlook I choose:

File/Options/Advanced/Export/Export to a file/Outlook data file (.pst)/

In the next window highlight Inbox and have 'Include sub-folders' ticked. I then click Next.

In the next window, I browse to the folder on my Desktop that I want the files to export to, leave 'Replace duplicates with items exported' ticked, and click Export.

In the next window, I leave the folder name as Inbox, while the destination address is as it should be - the folder in my Desktop.

(I choose Cancel for the optional password)

But, when I go to the folder on my desktop, Inbox isn't there.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Dinarius wrote: »
    I'm trying to export the contents of the Office Outlook 2010 Inbox to use as backup after a fresh installation.

For some reason, I can't get the Inbox and its sub-folders to export to a folder on my Desktop.

I'm doing the following:

In Outlook I choose:

File/Options/Advanced/Export/Export to a file/Outlook data file (.pst)/

In the next window highlight Inbox and have 'Include sub-folders' ticked. I then click Next.

In the next window, I browse to the folder on my Desktop that I want the files to export to, leave 'Replace duplicates with items exported' ticked, and click Export.

In the next window, I leave the folder name as Inbox, while the destination address is as it should be - the folder in my Desktop.

(I choose Cancel for the optional password)

But, when I go to the folder on my desktop, Inbox isn't there.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

D.

Update:

Sorted. When you get to the Password option window, if you don't want to create a password, you must still click Ok, not Cancel.

D.

Advertisement