Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will she loose her games?

Options
  • 15-02-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭

My daughters Xbox live is up so I bought her 12 months. When I tried to redeem it it asked for password and email. I don't know either of them neither does she. It was an email she just set up for Xbox. So she just put in random info so neither she or I can answer the security questions the help line adviser asked so he he couldn't access her details.

I was just going to set up a new account for her but if I do this will she loose the games she bought with the other account?? She mainly plays mine craft so don't want to have to end up buying it again.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Best bet would be to call Xbox support... There's no easy way around this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭danois

theUbiq wrote: »
    Best bet would be to call Xbox support... There's no easy way around this issue.

Thanks but I tried that and they can't get full access to the the account :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Can't you still play the games once the person's account who owns them is not deleted from the xbox?
    And then just transfer the saves from 1 account to another if need be

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

The games are bought to the Xbox, not a specific account.
    For instance: My boyfriend plays something online on his account, I can play it on my account, through the same Xbox. I'm not able to play his game through my account though as saved games are specifically on the one account.
    You won't be able to play the saved games, as they are linked to a certain account. She will either have to start again or find a way to copy the saved games onto her new account (I wouldn't know how to do that).
    If your xbox breaks you can still transfer whatever is on your xbox hard drive onto a new one by buying a cable designed for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

If you need to copy the saves,its an easy enough process once you know how to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Probably stating the obvious here but I'll do it anyway! If you do set up a new account make sure you remember the log in details this time!

Probably stating the obvious here but I'll do it anyway! If you do set up a new account make sure you remember the log in details this time!

Lol I will thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The games are bought to the Xbox, not a specific account.
    For instance: My boyfriend plays something online on his account, I can play it on my account, through the same Xbox. I'm not able to play his game through my account though as saved games are specifically on the one account.
    You won't be able to play the saved games, as they are linked to a certain account. She will either have to start again or find a way to copy the saved games onto her new account (I wouldn't know how to do that).
    If your xbox breaks you can still transfer whatever is on your xbox hard drive onto a new one by buying a cable designed for it.

This is technically correct but you may encounter problems down the line. Games are bought by a specific profile but they are given two sets of licenses. One for your profile and one for your console. The console license allows all users on the console to play this game, provided it is downloaded to your HDD.

Where you may encounter problems, should you not get the original purchasing profile back, is that if anything were to happen to your HDD or the file itself corrupted and it could no longer be used, the game would be gone. The only way to redownload a game you own is through the download history of the purchasing profile. As you no longer have access to this, the game would be gone.

It's not likely that anything will happen to your HDD or your Minecraft file but not having access to the profile takes away that security. The support staff won't be able to do anything to get that profile back if you can't pass their security. You can blame phishers and hackers for that. It's so important nowadays to make sure your account is set up so that even if you forget your password, you can answer your secret question or get a link sent to an alternate email address.

Thanks for all your replies you guys were right she can still play her games just has nothing saved on them. The guy on the help line told me they would be gone :rolleyes: I'm not at all suprised you lot know more than him..

Advertisement