Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pikeman Cometh

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Oryx wrote: »
    1400 was what I heard officially.

Edit: to confirm, at least four of the lead swimmers mesured 1400 -1450 on garmin. We think the descrepancy can be partly blamed in the walk out over the sand bank.

It gets better so. My 22 min swim is starting to look good now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Oryx wrote: »
    In my roundup of special achievements yesterday I forgot about the guy who did the whole second bike lap with no saddle. (His broke and couldn't be fixed). That's dedication. I'd have given up and gone home!

I wonder did he enjoy it...if so he may have some conflicting emotions regarding himself this today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Congrats Bambaata.

Great win. You must love that race :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Podge83 wrote: »
    I notice the "XXX" website are posting yesterday's swim at 1300m:

Was 1t 1500 or 1300? My bubble is burst!!!

That website has changed official results in the past, so I would take anything you read on it with a pinch of salt. Swim felt around 1400m and change to me, (time would tally with perceived pace) and sighting a straight enough line was easy on the day. Pump up your bubble again!
    I wonder did he enjoy it...if so he may have some conflicting emotions regarding himself this today ;)

Saw him after back at trans, a marshall had found and collected his damaged saddle (complete with bolts etc), he seemed happy enough to get back an expensive looking piece of gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

If it was 1400 odd my bubble is up again!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Podge83 wrote: »
    If it was 1400 odd my bubble is up again!!!

Heard 1400-1450 from a source I'd trust

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭handangeo

Great race, great food afterwards too - well done to Wexford Tri and Oryx who seemed to be running the show!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

handangeo wrote: »
    Great race, great food afterwards too - well done to Wexford Tri and Oryx who seemed to be running the show!

Far from it. The rest were working furiously but just not ss visibly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Great race, again. I had one of the best days of 2012 last year and it'll be hard to better 2013's experience too! The location, course and support are amazing. Seamless registration, well marshalled, amazing course and to top it off the weather has been perfect now two years in a row! Nice to get something different in the goodie bag too, the buffs are great!

Its a credit to Oryx and all at Wexford Tri club. They really run this well and i don't think i've ever seen so many marshalls! Every potential area a car could pull out onto the bike route is manned and they handled it really well. For once i saw no drafting whatsoever too. I was finding it hard to comprehend how 2012's course could be bettered but it was. The route to the harbour is actually better. Its quieter and the surface is smoother. I cycled the old and new route yesterday to compare and can testify to that. The swim was marginally short but sea swims are hard to be exact and Oryx has explained it with the move of the start across that sand bank. We did have a lovely current with us too for about 700-800m as even if there was an extra 100m i would still have been sub 21:30 and im not going to kid myself and think that i am at that level. Im probably a 22:30 at best but i was complaining ;-) The bike route i clocked about 39.8/39.9 and amazingly the run route i stopped dead at 10.00km on my garmin!

I'll definitely be back for 2014. We stayed until the very last moment yesterday and weren't back to Dublin til after midnight as Rosslare really is a beautiful spot. We just couldn't drag ourselves away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Bambaata wrote: »
    Great race, again. I had one of the best days of 2012 last year and it'll be hard to better 2013's experience too! The location, course and support are amazing. Seamless registration, well marshalled, amazing course and to top it off the weather has been perfect now two years in a row! Nice to get something different in the goodie bag too, the buffs are great!

Its a credit to Oryx and all at Wexford Tri club. They really run this well and i don't think i've ever seen so many marshalls! Every potential area a car could pull out onto the bike route is manned and they handled it really well. For once i saw no drafting whatsoever too. I was finding it hard to comprehend how 2012's course could be bettered but it was. The route to the harbour is actually better. Its quieter and the surface is smoother. I cycled the old and new route yesterday to compare and can testify to that. The swim was marginally short but sea swims are hard to be exact and Oryx has explained it with the move of the start across that sand bank. We did have a lovely current with us too for about 700-800m as even if there was an extra 100m i would still have been sub 21:30 and im not going to kid myself and think that i am at that level. Im probably a 22:30 at best but i was complaining ;-) The bike route i clocked about 39.8/39.9 and amazingly the run route i stopped dead at 10.00km on my garmin!

I'll definitely be back for 2014. We stayed until the very last moment yesterday and weren't back to Dublin til after midnight as Rosslare really is a beautiful spot. We just couldn't drag ourselves away!!

Dude, you have just sold this race to me :) Must get it on the 2014 calendar. Well done again and please do not be shy about a report ;) :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement