Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Vivi Nova flavour...or lack there of

Options
  • 15-02-2013 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Guys I recently upgraded from an ego C setup (ego C battery and ego C atties) to a mini vivi nova clearo which I'm using with a Vamo. Anyway, I use Liqua eliquids and they taste nothing like they did on the ego setup. They had great flavour on that setup but the inconsistency in performance made me upgrade. Anyway, I've messed around with voltage/wattage/different ohm coils/trimmed the wicks etc. but all to no avail. All the flavours just taste the same...it's almost like I'm tasting the wick or something (not a burnt taste though) as opposed to the flavour of the liquid. Vapour and throat hit are great but the flavour is a major let down. Has anyone any tips or even suggestions for a different clearo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

grindle wrote: »

Thanks. I've bookmarked that. Is there anything a little less DIY I could do? Reviews of these things are nearly always positive with regards to flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

I was using replacement wicks for another device in my anyvapes vivi by mistake and that was giving some strange tastes. Any chance you've been using the wrong ones too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

You are correct in your observations I think. I've always found those clearo's kill juice flavour to death no matter which one I've used. As it happens I also vape Liqua exclusively - maybe it's a Liqua thing but clearo's don't and have never worked for me.

If I was to go back to any of those set ups I'd continue with the ego-C type B or a Boge carto tank. I got a type B ego-C a while back and was actually quite impressed with it.

I was using replacement wicks for another device in my anyvapes vivi by mistake and that was giving some strange tastes. Any chance you've been using the wrong ones too?
    No I got the coils from TBS along with the clearo.

• Advertisement

You are correct in your observations I think. I've always found those clearo's kill juice flavour to death no matter which one I've used. As it happens I also vape Liqua exclusively - maybe it's a Liqua thing but clearo's don't and have never worked for me.

If I was to go back to any of those set ups I'd continue with the ego-C type B or a Boge carto tank. I got a type B ego-C a while back and was actually quite impressed with it.

The Vamo is great but the tanks were a let down. I really don't want to go back to an ego battery so what I'd like is a tank that'll fit on the Vamo that has none of the flaws I've found with the Nova. That Liqua stuff is too nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Have you tried a boge carto with the agr tank? I find it works pretty good.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Have you tried a boge carto with the agr tank? I find it works pretty good.

I haven't but was looking at some Boge stuff earlier on the e-smokeireland site. Can you link the right combination of tank and cartos I'd need? That Killer thing looks appealing too.

O'Prez wrote: »
    I haven't but was looking at some Boge stuff earlier on the e-smokeireland site. Can you link the right combination of tank and cartos I'd need? That Killer thing looks appealing too.

This tank, which has two tank tubes, one for short cartos and one for long cartos.

When choosing cartos for a tank, always choose stainless.

This tank, which has two tank tubes, one for short cartos and one for long cartos.

When choosing cartos for a tank, always choose stainless.

Thanks :) So what's the story with filling them and do the cartos need to be punched? I've been vaping for going on 3 years but am a novice to this end of things so bear with me :o

• Advertisement

Thanks grindle, im feckin useless with computers and tings, cant do links, put up pictures or any of that craic!!!

Thanks :) So what's the story with filling them and do the cartos need to be punched? I've been vaping for going on 3 years but am a novice to this end of things so bear with me :o
    I tried punching them but I kept destroying the carts, think punch is too blunt.
    What I do is cut a little slot with a junior hacksaw down real low.

You punch a hole near the bottom using this.

Easiest way to find out where to punch the hole is to place the carto into the bottom end-cap without the tan on, fit the carto punch over it an punch a hole or two.
    You twist that nut until you hear a tiny snap indicating it's broken through the metal.
    Give it a quarter or half turn more and unscrew! You now have a punched carto.
    Or as Mr. Chrome says, you can use a junior hacksaw (a proper one, not a E2 shop job).

Then fill using the condom method until the foam is saturated, blow excess out of the airtube, fit carto into tank, fill tank, attach to device, vape.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    I tried punching them but I kept destroying the carts, think punch is too blunt.
    What I do is cut a little slot with a junior hacksaw down real low.

Jaysus yer like some kind of vaping butcher! Looks like the tank/carto thing is me next port of call so.

You punch a hole near the bottom using this.

Easiest way to find out where to punch the hole is to place the carto into the bottom end-cap without the tan on, fit the carto punch over it an punch a hole or two.
    You twist that nut until you hear a tiny snap indicating it's broken through the metal.
    Give it a quarter or half turn more and unscrew! You now have a punched carto.
    Or as Mr. Chrome says, you can use a junior hacksaw (a proper one, not a E2 shop job).

Then fill using the condom method until the foam is saturated, blow excess out of the airtube, fit carto into tank, fill tank, attach to device, vape.

So you only saturate the foam in the carto once...and then after that I just fill the tank and that'll saturate the foam from there on in because the cartos are punched, right? Also, what's the lifespan like on cartos?

So you only saturate the foam in the carto once...and then after that I just fill the tank and that'll saturate the foam from there on in because the cartos are punched, right? Also, what's the lifespan like on cartos?
    Yep
    I get around 4 or 5 days out of a cart, some get more.

Yup, tank keeps it saturated.

I got about 3-ish days vaping sweet juices at around 8-9watts, between 3-5mls a day.
    Some claim to get a week or two weeks...
    eBaron's tobacco juices will make an absolute meal of them in a day or two.

Fairly ****e then but at least they're cheap.

Fairly ****e then but at least they're cheap.
    If you want you can always boil them and reuse them, loads of vids on YouTube about it. Pbusardo does a good one.

Lads the pair of ye are giving me great info. Thanks a lot :D What do you think of the forthcoming Killers?

• Advertisement

Lads the pair of ye are giving me great info. Thanks a lot :D What do you think of the forthcoming Killers?
    Great band!!!
    Dont know much about them, I only really use carts, grindle is yer man for the killer!

Won't get to try it until Tuesday (I fùcking hope) but I have high hopes.
    From reports it's a little finicky about which tanks it gets along with (definitely doesn't work with the AGR) so that adds to the cost again.

Has replaceable coils that you can dry-burn and/or wash, is easily rebuildable... I'll wait until I have it in hand before I wax lyrical about it.

The taste will be leaps and bounds ahead of current clearos or cartos though, and it can be used inside or outside of a tank as a dripper too, which is a nice feature.

It's a tempting looking piece alright. In the meantime though I must sample some of this Wingnuts stuff while I get a few quid together and decide what to buy from all the previous recommendations. I spent over a hundred quid this week on vaping related shenanigans.

I've spent a grand in little over a year - quit while you can!
    Ah well. Tastes nice and perks me up. Not gonna stop drinking unless I get told I have cirrhosis of the liver and I love me a drink-vape, so...
    Just wish there could be off the shelf stuff that's as high quality as rebuildables, and that glorified tubes didn't cost so much. gRAAAaGRH.

Token "Swedish Fish!" exclamation-as-juice-recommendation.

It's a tempting looking piece alright. In the meantime though I must sample some of this Wingnuts stuff while I get a few quid together and decide what to buy from all the previous recommendations. I spent over a hundred quid this week on vaping related shenanigans.
    Yeah, you need alot of self control with this vaping lark !!! Too much temptation out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

I've spent a grand in little over a year - quit while you can!
    Ah well. Tastes nice and perks me up. Not gonna stop drinking unless I get told I have cirrhosis of the liver and I love me a drink-vape, so...
    Just wish there could be off the shelf stuff that's as high quality as rebuildables, and that glorified tubes didn't cost so much. gRAAAaGRH.

Token "Swedish Fish!" exclamation-as-juice-recommendation.
    I totted up all my orders from Irish sites only just for fun and I leave your grand for dead in only 9 months (€1,960) :eek: and it would read even worse if I had checked all my orders from China, UK & the USA. Good job my Mrs never checks the items on the bank statements :D
    Just as well I have saved just over €4k since I've been off the fags.
    Another €110 worth due to be delivered to me next week as well :(
    Just can't stop buying its like an itch and I just got to keep scratching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Marshall987

kiffy wrote: »
    I totted up all my orders from Irish sites only just for fun and I leave your grand for dead in only 9 months (€1,960) :eek: and it would read even worse if I had checked all my orders from China, UK & the USA. Good job my Mrs never checks the items on the bank statements :D
    Just as well I have saved just over €4k since I've been off the fags.
    Another €110 worth due to be delivered to me next week as well :(
    Just can't stop buying its like an itch and I just got to keep scratching it.

:eek: oh god that is a lot haha, worth it tho.
    Future isn't look bright for me haha, got my first set of wingnuts juices Thursday, back online Friday ordering more. It's only gonna get worse from here.:D

I see ur in only in askeaton if up you are ever selling any liquids, I'm sure ill be interested.:p

I ended up ordering the Boge F16 from VapourPal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Don't know about those pre punched cartos but in general Boge cartos are good and give good flavour. Much better choice than those plasticky tasting clearo's.

• Advertisement

I ended up ordering the Boge F16 from VapourPal :D
    Good choice! Did you get the pre-punched carts? Little bit dearer but less hassle and the flange helps?

Advertisement