Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Airsoft

• 15-02-2013 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

HI guys just looking for some advice purchasing my 1st aeg tomorrow and was wondering any advice on what gun and make and how much to spend..also a pistol thanks was thinking hobby airsoft in rathcoole

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

id get a cyma ak, i have 3 of them and they are good reliable guns with good range out of the box.
    as for pistols get one of the kj works models, there are a few to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Have you played before? If not, go to a skirmish and rent the gear for the day. You might decide its not for you and then you'll only have spent €50 on renting equipment for a day instead of multiples of that on an aeg and a pistol that you'll then sell on for a lot less than you paid for them.

Cyma are a good starter gun but I prefer G&G myself, of which Hobby have a lot of different models from M4's to MP5's. As for pistols, Marui are the best IMO but not cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

If you want an m4, get the cyma m4 carbine or cqb. I currently own 2 carbines, cant recommend them enough. Carbine retails around 220, cqbr for 250.

If you want an ak get the cyma ak spetznaz, or there are a few other models from cyma aswell. Retails around 150 for the spetz

if u are getting a pistol the Kwc 1911a1 is probobly the best contendor for a starter pistol.retails around 140

honestly if your new theres no point in splashing out on tokyo marui or even some of the high end g&g.
    All of the above are great reliable guns with good performance without breaking the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

$kilkenny wrote: »
    honestly if your new theres no point in splashing out on tokyo marui or even some of the high end g&g.
    All of the above are great reliable guns with good performance without breaking the bank.

That's what I meant. Go and rent a gun first to see if it's for you. I've bought second hand guns (that were in "new" condition) quite cheaply as they were only used once or twice by their owners who then decided airsoft wasn't for them.

If you do then decide you like getting shot at, then I'd recommend checking out the adverts section of this forum where you can pick up some great bargains at half the price you'd pay for a new gun. I've saved hundreds buying second hand guns that are in pristine condition but at a fraction of what they retail for when new, e.g my Marui M14 was €540 new and I paid just €150 for it, my G&G Raider was €220 new and I got it for €90. Good makes at a lot less than a new Cyma!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jamesmartin08

That's what I meant. Go and rent a gun first to see if it's for you. I've bought second hand guns (that were in "new" condition) quite cheaply as they were only used once or twice by their owners who then decided airsoft wasn't for them.

If you do then decide you like getting shot at, then I'd recommend checking out the adverts section of this forum where you can pick up some great bargains at half the price you'd pay for a new gun. I've saved hundreds buying second hand guns that are in pristine condition but at a fraction of what they retail for when new, e.g my Marui M14 was €540 new and I paid just €150 for it, my G&G Raider was €220 new and I got it for €90. Good makes at a lot less than a new Cyma!

Thanks guys for all the help decided on a g&g scal l and colt m1911a1 100 anniversary delighted cant wait to get back at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

Thanks guys for all the help decided on a g&g scal l and colt m1911a1 100 anniversary delighted cant wait to get back at it
    Good stuff, they are two good choices that should serve you well!! Welcome to the pew pew club biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Advertisement