Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In preparation for Aldi coming to Greystones

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I can't find anything online about it (at the moment) but if you do find out, please post it here :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

did they knock the mill in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

did they knock the mill in the end?

No they just strengthened it. Looks a bit strange with the new render.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Do they have an official date for opening yet? I haven't seen the site recently but the last time I passed by it still had a long way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Saw some glazing being lifted off a truck today. So roof on, windows going in. Expect cladding and outer blockwork next.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

What is the other building going up next to it? Looks too small to be a warehouse for aldi (but ugly too)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Jimjay wrote: »
    What is the other building going up next to it? Looks too small to be a warehouse for aldi (but ugly too)
    I think it is for the Civil Defence Service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

I only applied the other day, does that mean I wont get an interview :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Hello ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

we don't work in aldi, you should call them and find out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

we don't work in aldi, you should call them and find out

I'd be calling them anyway. Make sure they have your application and its all as it should be. You need to be chasing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I think I heard a while back that Aldi was to open in July, I think it will take something special to have the shop open by the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jangallagher

Hi. I was onto Aldi Head office and they told me September is the opening date for the Aldi in Greystones...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Hi. I was onto Aldi Head office and they told me September is the opening date for the Aldi in Greystones...
    Just in time for 9 cent fruit n veg at Christmas! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gerdoli

I was told by a bray
    Aldi staff member last week that the opening has now been delayed until November / December and that the Greystones staff have been deployed to the bray store in the interim. Ca'!t vouch for that but it does appear that a substantial amount of work remains to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bdeithrick

Aldi Greystones open 17 jan ,
    very tardy as there's freezers in it already 20 dec would be plenty of time, no rush for the crimbo traffic,

They might fix the dirty cut in the road for water the have left sink to a tyre damaging hole. Hate when they just ignore the problems that annoy their new customers ,
    Please email Stephen Donnelly simon Harris, Billy Timmims , and hound them to get the area and bike lanes back in shape + fix the road cuts n hole on Mill road Greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

I agree Mr Dethrick. They seem to think it is acceptable to make a token effort at resurfacing after these jobs. Not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bdeithrick wrote: »
    Please email Stephen Donnelly simon Harris, Billy Timmims , and hound them to get the area and bike lanes back in shape + fix the road cuts n hole on Mill road Greystones

email the council, sure, but leave the TDs out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I'm sure they will leave the footpath/road/cycle lane in better condition than they found it, when its all finished. Apparently there was some planning issue with the roof overhanging the path too much, and they had to redesign it, which caused the delay. Better to do it right though, even if it means missing the one-off Christmas rush.
    Not like that supermarket in Latvia last week, with the rush-job of a roof....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bdeithrick

loyatemu wrote: »
    email the council, sure, but leave the TDs out of it

Oh isn't the satire wonderful, sure don't bother trying to make right , carry on driving through damaged roads caused by billon euro companies,
    Let your tyres fracture and put you family in danger, refused at NCT centres ,Let them knock out you tracking and bend track rods, causing premature wear to front tyres, then causing blow out, or fine for unroadworthy condition of tyres.
    This damage and like others at new developments in Delgany will be left and ignored by the thousands of road users.
    The ramps put in on Victora road to slow trucks serving the harbour works have never been removed either, these vehicle damaging structures are left and forgotten about. I don't forget them , try sit on an 84 bus over them and you will soon relies where they are again .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Oh isn't the satire wonderful, sure don't bother trying to make right , carry on driving through damaged roads caused by billon euro companies,
    Let your tyres fracture and put you family in danger, refused at NCT centres ,Let them knock out you tracking and bend track rods, causing premature wear to front tyres, then causing blow out, or fine for unroadworthy condition of tyres.
    This damage and like others at new developments in Delgany will be left and ignored by the thousands of road users.
    The ramps put in on Victora road to slow trucks serving the harbour works have never been removed either, these vehicle damaging structures are left and forgotten about. I don't forget them , try sit on an 84 bus over them and you will soon relies where they are again .

Um, I am pretty sure loyatemu was just making a joke. Besides, Aldi haven't finished yet. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt until they are. Then we can all grab our pitchforks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Disappointed it won't be open this side of Christmas - would be a lot more convenient for us than Bray. Still, light at the end of the tunnel at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I was trying to make a point about national politicians interfering in mickey-mouse local matters like potholes - its the council's job to fix them.

I have no problem with the ramps on Victoria Rd. by the way, they slow the traffic down in an area with a lot of pedestrians, schoolkids etc. Contrast them with the stupid half-ramps on Bellevue Road where drivers drive down the middle of the road to avoid them and buses and trucks continue to break the speed limit because they're wide enough to straddle the ramps...

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

Aldi Greystones open 17 jan ,
    very tardy as there's freezers in it already 20 dec would be plenty of time, no rush for the crimbo traffic,

They might fix the dirty cut in the road for water the have left sink to a tyre damaging hole. Hate when they just ignore the problems that annoy their new customers ,

A bit of outstanding work outside a new shop is hardly a matter for people in the Dail. That's what has the country the way it is. It's a Local council matter. I'm sure it will be sorted.

On another note, I'm going to wear ear phones if I end up in a certain taxi on the way home over Christmas!! Actually I might just walk!!

Advertisement