Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you know any dangerous criminals?

• 15-02-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I recently started to work with a man who I'm sure has killed, and will kill again.

I don't want to say where I work exactly. It wouldn't a very formal environment so a handsaw wouldn't be totally out of place, but he does have a handsaw at his desk, and when he comes to my desk with a vein popping out of his forehead in anger, threatens that he will use it on our manager if he comes down with any more stupid requests.

He makes references to violence very casually and has occasionally been involved in brawls. He's made it clear that he knows how to use a gun. I divide my time between telling him what he wants to hear and avoiding him.

I'm waiting for the day I arrive into work and my colleagues point forlornly to a bloody hand-saw.

Does any of you know any dangerous criminals?

What are they like when they are not raging sociopaths?

edit: no names please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I met Enda Kenny once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

nice try guard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

smash wrote: »
    I met Enda Kenny once.

I met his nephew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

hames wrote: »
    I recently started to work with a man who I'm sure has killed, and will kill again.

I don't want to say where I work exactly. It wouldn't a very formal environment so a handsaw wouldn't be totally out of place, but he does have a handsaw at his desk, and when he comes to my desk with a vein popping out of his forehead in anger, threatens that he will use it on our manager if he comes down with any more stupid requests.

He makes references to violence very casually and has occasionally been involved in brawls. He's made it clear that he knows how to use a gun. I divide my time between telling him what he wants to hear and avoiding him.

I'm waiting for the day I arrive into work and my colleagues point forlornly to a bloody hand-saw.

Utter sh1te...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

If that first post is serious, I'd be on to HR first thing. That's a hostile work environment & you or your workmates are potentially in danger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭hames

not yet wrote: »
    Utter sh1te...
    No, I was being light hearted about a semi-serious topic.

The guy is demented. I just want to know if people who kill people actually show it, or are they usually more crafty and tactful.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

This is rather general. How would we know just how dangerous a person is? Do they have to kill somebody first? If that were the case, then we would have probably met them in jail.

There are crazy ppl everywhere, but until they strike......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

[SIZE="1"]
    edit: no names please[/SIZE]
    He sounds like a bit of an eejit to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Don't know him but this guy lives about half a mile from me. Only recently found out what sort of person he is. See him walking round the village regularly enough. Scary to think that such dangerous people can live so close to you and you may not even know about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Some day you'll make a hames of somthing and he'll chop you up.

You need to start carrying a JML Exact-saw and extension lead with you, everywhere. Everyone knows a powersaw beats a handsaw every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

Pinky and the Brain, the are horrible villains and i will never work with them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I know a guy who has killed 30000 cattle over his career as a murderer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Does he wear a tshirt with "I shot JR" on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

he knows how to use a gun.

Like about 300,000 other Irish citizens.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

my pen*s would be the mature response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

[SIZE="1"]
    edit: no names please[/SIZE]

Are you a wood work teacher in a prison??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Don't know him but this guy lives about half a mile from me. Only recently found out what sort of person he is. See him walking round the village regularly enough. Scary to think that such dangerous people can live so close to you and you may not even know about it.
    Why would you have a Handsaw at your desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

Are you a wood work teacher in a prison??

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

smash wrote: »
    I met Enda Kenny once.

I met Micheál Martin once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭hames

That's what I'm getting at... for the people who know or know of dangerous criminals, would you be able to tell it by observing them or being around them? Or are the dangerous criminals the more manipulative kind who hide it better than explosive, street brawling types?
    Sky King wrote: »
    Like about 300,000 other Irish citizens.....
    Is that not the number of licensed guns, not gun owners?

Anyway, this man is not your rural sports type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

A handsaw is a pretty pathetic weapon tbh. The best he could do is cut off the leg of a chair and wallop you with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Where To wrote: »
    A handsaw is a pretty pathetic weapon tbh. The best he could do is cut off the leg of a chair and wallop you with it.
    Even a chainsaw is despite their numerous appearences in films and games being used as weapons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Bruce7

I used to work with an ex-IRA guy who was released from a life sentence after Good Friday. Now I know that every second Nordie claims to have been in the IRA but it was genuine in this guy's case. He is listed here - http://cryptome.org/ira-names.htm

I went on the beer with him one night and, being nothing basically a stupid kid, I initially thought this was kind of cool, but as the night ran into the next day he began opening up and sharing more and more details of the **** he had done or that other people he knew had done.

It didn't help that I had smoked a load of grass, but it reached a point where I thought I was going to have some kind of panic attack just from listening to him, and I ended up literally running as fast as I could out of the bar we were in, just to get away from it.

Some of the stuff he said still gives me the creeps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Even a chainsaw is despite their numerous appearences in films and games being used as weapons
    You haven't seen 1 chainsaw 2 guys so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Yes, I know one person serving time for murder, one on remand awaiting trial for murder and one who has served time for manslaughter. Dozens of people I know have convictions for assault and other violent crimes.

I try to have as little to do with them as possible but some level of interaction with those not currently in prison is difficult to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

yeah,one online;a 'narcopath' [diagnosed with narcissistic pd and anti social pd/pyschopathy],he can blow up in violence like the flick of a switch if something doesnt go his way,has an incredible hatred for the police due to all the arrests and imprisonment he has had.
    he has full awareness of his actions and targets extremely vulnerable individuals-we are easy pickings for his toxic jealousy and resentment;he wants to have his PD behavior treated like those of us with the UK definition of learning disability [intelectual disability] when we are on completely different functioning levels and have very different disabilities and very different reasons behind behavior.
    he is unwilling to ever accept responsibility for his own actions or anything he says-he has no care for the effect it has on others either.

and have lived with many people who are very high risk to the public; who woud be considered criminals if they were not significantly learning disabled.
    one was a fifteen year old profoundly autistic lad,many a time he had sent staff to hospital due to the damage he had done to them,he had destroyed much of the childrens unit so many times they coudnt rebuild it as itd just be brought down again,and when he was really on one all the staff woud hide in a childrens bedroom with all the children and the door locked and held.

he also ripped our locked patio doors open,came in here,dragged out a sofa with one resident still sat on it and tore it to pieces-because he is so violent no one stopped him.
    and he is also a rapist,a poor youngster who is terminaly ill and limited in mobility/movement was under threat of rape every day by him-staff struggled to get him off and she ended up hurt,OFSTED gave seven days to get him out finaly last year- us and the entire community which he terrorised to the point busineses had to close up whenever he went out were glad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Depends how you define know?? I was in school with a one who killed her brother not long after he was outta the nick. I went to school with the buck that nicked the cop car from outside the cop station the other month and a few other similar bucks that think nothing about knifing/glassing you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

I seen a few of them there dirty criminals on the telly so yeah i know dangerous criminals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Bruce7 wrote: »

Some of the stuff he said still gives me the creeps.
    Are u sure it aint the grass doing that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

i know a lad who would make minced meat out of a dog for a pint

You work in Findus as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

You had to go blabbin didn't ya! We'll talk on Monday
    motormouth:mad:
    *Sharpens handsaw*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I work with a guy who stabbed his brother to death a few years ago.

That guy Brendan O Donnell used to hang around here occasionally as well years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Pottler wrote: »
    Some day you'll make a hames of somthing and he'll chop you up.

You need to start carrying a JML Exact-saw and extension lead with you, everywhere. Everyone knows a powersaw beats a handsaw every time.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Everyone knows you can get decent battery powered power saws now. He should be carrying that around, far more mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Everyone knows you can get decent battery powered power saws now. He should be carrying that around, far more mobile.
    Yeeeaaaahh Smartie pants, buttt..what if the battery was flat just when he needed it??? Eh, Eh??? Answer me that!

"Hold on mister scary pants, I'm just off to pop me Ni-Cads on charge for 30 mins, just sit there and simmer for a bit".

Pfft, like that'd work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

I grew with quite a few people who are in jail or were in jail, one in particular is an absolute sociopath who just gets joy from bringing pain on people or animals.

He doesn't drink or have a drug problem, he is just a complete and utter psychopath. Always has been since I first met him. At one stage when i was younger I was actually quite close friends with him. I won't mention any names but he was involved in quite a few stories that made the paper andwas the main suspect in an incredibly serious crime.

I often think about how I grew up to be so different than a lot of people from my youth, a lot have became drug dealers or turned to petty crime or sometimes worse.

It makes me thankful to have the parents that I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

I grew with quite a few people who are in jail or were in jail, one in particular is an absolute sociopath who just gets joy from bringing pain on people or animals.

He doesn't drink or have a drug problem, he is just a complete and utter psychopath. Always has been since I first met him. At one stage when i was younger I was actually quite close friends with him. I won't mention any names but he was involved in quite a few stories that made the paper andwas the main suspect in an incredibly serious crime.

I often think about how I grew up to be so different than a lot of people from my youth, a lot have became drug dealers or turned to petty crime or sometimes worse.

It makes me thankful to have the parents that I do.

Hi mark its me, i dont like you talking about me on the internet, im going to call around to your house now, see you in 10....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Pottler wrote: »
    Yeeeaaaahh Smartie pants, buttt..what if the battery was flat just when he needed it??? Eh, Eh??? Answer me that!

"Hold on mister scary pants, I'm just off to pop me Ni-Cads on charge for 30 mins, just sit there and simmer for a bit".

Pfft, like that'd work.

You should always have a spare battery pack on you.

Always. Ultra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

A friend of mine beat a cop to death when he was 17. The cop tried to rape him. Did his time and is a really kind caring guy. Not in ireland btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 craggle

i knew a guy in liverpool who was a total psychopath, came from a family of them. his brother is on the top ten most wanted in uk, hes on the run in spain and a few years ago shot an irish man on holiday dead in a pub toilet. which was on top of whatever he did to be on the run in england. anyway i always found the psycho guy i knew intimidating but not sure if its just because of what i heard. i saw him picking up a lady bird off the floor and bringing it out to put in a hedge so it wouldnt get squashed. said to my mate maybe hes not that bad, later that night he shot someone in the arm in the pub nearby.

knew a few other guys there too whod been in and out of jail but most of them seemed ok, it mainly seemed be cus of drugs. one fella though was really intimidating and by all accounts was a total psycho. when he wasnt off his face he was a smart if messed up guy but when he was on drugs he muttered and glared and made me scared. he was in hospital one time after being stabbed and when he got out he was talking about the one who did it being a coward and said 'who stabs someone in the back'. id of thought 'who stabs someone' would be a more obvious question but maybe thats just me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

I work with a guy who stabbed his brother to death a few years ago.

That guy Brendan O Donnell used to hang around here occasionally as well years ago.

He killed my first cousin and her toddler. :mad: Frankly I reckon the staff in the cmh overdosed him. At least I hope they did anyway. That's a long time ago now.
    I got a call from "people" who offered to "off him" for free if the family wanted:eek::eek::eek:
    I declined respectfully.

Unrelatedly, I was out in the local one night years ago, and after closing time, one guy I had been chatting with was stabbed to death by another customer in a row over a drug deal. I knew both well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

johnr1 wrote: »
    He killed my first cousin and her toddler. :mad: Frankly I reckon the staff in the cmh overdosed him. At least I hope they did anyway. That's a long time ago now.
    I got a call from "people" who offered to "off him" for free if the family wanted:eek::eek::eek:
    I declined respectfully.

Unrelatedly, I was out in the local one night years ago, and after closing time, one guy I had been chatting with was stabbed to death by another customer in a row over a drug deal. I knew both well.

That must have been awful for you, Imelda seemed like a lovely woman from all I read and heard. You do realise though that bod had huge mental health problems that he prob developed in the womb. He and his ultimate victims were badly let down by the Clare and Galway health services... There's more could be said but it's not gonna change anything at this stage.
    I hope none of what ive written upsets you that whole story is a sad sad tale. I would like to think it wouldn't happen nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Went to school with a lad who is in jail for murdering his sister,though practically everyone suspected the older brother whom he idolized, older brother was one really nasty piece of work, and when he was found floating in a well known river,the cops didn't spend much time looking into it,odd,given that his sister was also found floating in water. Karma huh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

Hi mark its me, i dont like you talking about me on the internet, im going to call around to your house now, see you in 10....

Who is Mark? My name is Guy Incognito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I know a few people who won't pay their property tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Unique User Name

Grew up around the corner from this guy. He was a couple of years older than me but I knew him to see. He was always trouble growing up, the usual story about no father figure and his mother turning a blind eye. He was initially jailed for the stabbing of a guy that lived a couple of doors away from me. On a personal level, I never had any issues with him but I didn't socialise with him so I guess I'd no reason to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Working on building sites in Ireland,UK and around Europe in the 90s were always a safe haven for criminals and lads on the run.
    I met alot of unsavoury characters in construction.Often seen local police (often armed)arrive onto a job to pick someone up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I know one, he is an absolute animal. Some of my friends have been involved with him to various degrees over the years, i've known him since i was 18 or so. I hate the prick, ruined many a life. He is a hardcore criminal, and he terrifies me. Thankfully i dont see him anymore and the people that i would meet him through have finally realised that being "friends" with him will lead them to prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Fat Freddie??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Fat Freddie?

He is not anyone the media would know. He's too smart for that.

I'm not going to get into the details on boards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement