Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi-beginner trad players living around Limerick/Offaly

Options
  • 15-02-2013 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭

Looking to play with fellow beginners (sort of). I'm living currently down in Limerick in college, but back at home in Offaly every weekend. I have been playing the tenor banjo for about a year now.

The ideal situation would be to meet up with fellow semi beginners and learn some tunes together, play them together, gain some motivation and practice, etc.

Is there anyone who lives in or around these areas who is looking to practice their music? If so, let me know if your up for it. This is a bit of a long shot I know but what the heck.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭toshiba2010

i have been playing the fiddle now for ten months am and looking to do the same thing as you . but i live in dublin . pity your in offaly . if anyone is interested in playing a few tunes with me please pm me cheers ..

good luck with your search :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Thanks, and to you. If I ever live in Dublin I'll give you a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

Hi Novi - There is an improver's session every Monday evening from about 7.30-9 in Dolans on the Dock Rd. You could also look into joining Cruinniu in UL - they meet on Wednesday lunchtimes (mainly staff but students are members too) - they learn tunes, play together and perform at events around the college.

Best of luck, hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Thanks very much, this helps a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kevinjgraham

i have been playing the fiddle now for ten months am and looking to do the same thing as you . but i live in dublin . pity your in offaly . if anyone is interested in playing a few tunes with me please pm me cheers ..

good luck with your search :)

Toshiba 2010 If you are able to travel, we'll give you a shot. We play a fair amount of gigs around North Meath and South Cavan.

2 guitarists/mandolin that could use a bit of fiddle now and then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement