Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kids vs adult shoe sizes

• 15-02-2013 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I was looking for a pair of runners lately, size 3.5 and the assistant asked was its kids or adults. Just wondering what size does kids shoes go up to and is there a difference in kids shoe sizes verses adults. Is a size 3 kids the same as a side 3 adults.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

VAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A size 3 Kid's runner would be a slightly shorter and narrower fit than a size 3 Adult's runner.

Also there's less VAT charged on Kid's shoes than there is in Adult's shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I'm usually a 3.5/4 in kids runners (and adult) and have never had an issue with finding them. Some ranges go up to a 5 as far as I know! Apart from the price difference, the biggest difference is the amount of height space in the shoes (that is, to allow for the arches of your feet) but, in saying this, I have really high arches and still don't have an issue to kids runners because it's just a matter of loosening the laces. The width is fine (again, I have pretty wide feet and no issues) and length seems the same as adult sizes. The arch support is grand too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭lexa

Kids shoes are zero rated up to size 5.5 so are cheaper than the adult equivalent. I have the same Nike shoes in the kid and adult version in size 3. The size is the same but the adult version is better quality and have more cushioning and suppirt so are more comfortable. I would go with the adult version if you can get it in your size (sometimes they only stock ladies runners from size 4 though)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I thought I was being smart and getting a pair of runners for cheaper when i ordered a children's size 4 Nike runners. Got them and they were far too small....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 cutebutshort

Thanks for the replies, I think I'd be a bit embrassed to ask to try on the kids version but I may just do that the next time and see how I get on :)

Advertisement