Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband coverage in Sarsfield, Cork

• 15-02-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Folks,

Newbie to boards so please be patient with me.

Was hoping someone out there might know what broadband coverage was like out in Sarsfield, Cork. Am meeting a landlord tomorrow to put down a deposit on a house. The thing is, I work from home as a web developer so broadband speed is very important to me so it could be a dealbreaker and am pretty concerned now. From what I understand the landlord is quite old so I'm not sure he would be able to provide an answer for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

1. Bring a phone, plug it in, dial 199000. Note down the number spoken back and put it in a line checker.

2. Ring UPC and give them the address or a neighbours address on the same road. Try upc.ie and enter the address there.

3. Ring Digiweb to see if the area qualifies for Metro, Metro has very fast upload speeds.

4. See what exchange area covers Sarsfield. the Douglas exchange is on the list for VDSL at launch and may cover you, see this map here http://irelandoffline.org/map/ and turn on the exchange underlay to see which exchange serves the area.

Advertisement