Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which is most economical type of yoghurt maker?

• 15-02-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello,
    I'm hoping to learn to make natural yoghurt to use up surplus goats milk. Have you any advice on which is the most economical type of yoghurt maker? I would like to avoid the packet mixes as I'm naturally suspicious of what exactly is in them. I was hoping to just keep the same culture alive and use a small amount to make each new batch but I don't know if this is possible.
    If there was one which did not need electricity I'd prefer it.
    Thanks very much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I'm not the yoghurt maker in my house :) but it is quite straight forward. The same culture is used. Just save some from the previous batch for the next. And all that is used is a saucepan wrapped in a blanket in a warm spot. Sunny window in summer, beside the range in winter. About 3l is done at a time and the pot fits nicely in a drawer in the fridge.

Pot is easy to clean and sterilise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I make my yogurt in a thermos flask placed in the top part of my airing cupboard overnight. I use some organic yogurt as my starter and keep some back after that. I do find that I need a fresh culture after a few weeks. It's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mrs.machine

I never thought it would be that easy! Thanks very much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Electric blanket and a duvet.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 JonnyMacM

I use a EasiYo Yogurt maker and have had great results with it. It makes up to 1lt at a time and is so easy to use.
    In the inner container add few tablespoons of yogurt and fill with upto 1lt of milk, close the lid and give it a shake.
    Fill the outter container with boiling water to the marked level then place the inner container into it and close the lid.
    Leave for 8-12hrs and out comes some very tastey yogurt.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0014GU46E/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 SligoEdo

Electric blanket and a duvet.

And a thermos flask..otherwise you end up with soggy blankets and duvets :D

Advertisement