Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reoccurring dreams of girl i havent met in 4 years

Options
  • 15-02-2013 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

somebody please help me of y im having these dreams, I had a big crush on this girl for 5 years while in secondary school 4 years ago, we always talked and had a giggle nw and again , i often texed her from time to time but i never really had the courage to make the big move and i don no y,

iv recently added her on facebook and my heart starts ponding in my chest everytime i see a pic of her,

please dont get me wrong im not a creep in any way , iv got friends en family and im currently in a relationship the last 3 years

I keep having dreams of meeting this girl out of the blue and we eventually kiss and its an amazing feeling and i feel very bad waking up beside my girlfriend after wats just happend in my dream

to be honest if this girl came bk into my life(my heart is ponding jus thinkin about it)id probly stutter and run a mile and it wud be jus like secondary school again ha ha il leave it at that but if some 1 can help me as to y im getting dreams al of a sudden id be very appricative thank u and:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭shy_boy

68 views en not 1 reply tut tut come on surely some 1 ou there can giv me a bit of advise thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry, I cannot read text speak.

alright sorry about that my grammer is not the best

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It seems, like you think, the dreams are extensions of your infatuation/crush of this person.
    Since you're in a real relationship now maybe consider de-friend her on facebook to save yourself some heartache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

If you posted in after hours there would be 1000s of replies;)

Best of luck the mind can be funny like that.
    I was in a similar type of thing years ago but was a bit more shy then I found it so difficult to even talk to the girl who was friends with some of my friends girlfriends so actually met nearly every weekend we use to head out a lot really wish now I had the balls to even try sort of regret it now and even though thats 6 to 7 years ago I would still remember the odd time.

• Advertisement

If you posted in after hours there would be 1000s of replies;)

Best of luck the mind can be funny like that.
    I was in a similar type of thing years ago but was a bit more shy then I found it so difficult to even talk to the girl who was friends with some of my friends girlfriends so actually met nearly every weekend we use to head out a lot really wish now I had the balls to even try sort of regret it now and even though thats 6 to 7 years ago I would still remember the odd time.

Ar you ina relationship now miller if so hows tat goin for ye together with what u said above

goina try it in the after hours forum see how i get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boomchicawawa

Feel a bit sorry for your current G.F. if she's still around. You have it bad my son. You constantly have this dream because its a fantasy that you can't let go of. But to be honest, I still dream about my first serious boyfriend every now and then and we finished nearly 30 years ago ! I was broken hearted at first but after a few months I was glad I was out of it so its not like I really miss him or anything, but once or twice a year he'll pop up in my dreams.....maybe its a first love thing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Icdeadpeepul

I'm 67, and I often have dreams about reconnecting with my girlfriend of 2 years when I was 18. I also dream regularly about reconnecting with my 1st wife who I married 45 years ago, divorcing in 1978. They were both people who I would NEVER consider as partners again. You might have to get used to your ex visiting at night...she may be around for years to come...IN YER DREAMS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

It's simple enough to explain really, whatever about how to stop it.

I'm no expert but for me dreams are an extension of anything I am anxious about. So like you, when myself and the missus are arguing (frequent lately), I find that a particular ex of mine will surface in my dreams.
    Nothing too interesting, she just shows up.

And I'm self employed and I have a VERY recurring dream that I'm back in college and failing my exams.
    It always pops up when my wee business is struggling and it could happen nightly for weeks.
    It only stops when my business has a wee good spell.

So imo, the way to stop the dreams is to stop the anxiety/thoughts of her.

And a massive obvious slapstick hit you in the face way to do this is to cut all ties with her, starting with that facebook thing.
    I mean c'mon, you're in a 3 year relationship and clearly a bit hung up on this girl so its madness adding her on facebook and seeing her posting updates/pics.
    You've brought this nonsense on yourself and its also unfair to your partner.

So..... in a nutshell, delete her off facebook and move on and remember that nobody is perfect, you just have a romaticised notion of her.

PS - Facebook is cack anyway imo. But adding someone ya like when in a relationship is mental.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Old thread, but interesting today.

Advertisement